Skip to main content

The Plebiscite for Marriage Equality

The way I read it was that the only person anyone was having a go at was Bob Katter. He said something stupid about people being torn apart by crocodiles, and today it was boys will start wearing dresses.

I can’t stand him at all. He made very stupid comments in Parliament today.

Where was dopey Abbott?
Did he abstain? Abstainers are cowards
Seems he made a point of avoiding cameras

The way I read it was that the only person anyone was having a go at was Bob Katter. He said something stupid about people being torn apart by crocodiles, and today it was boys will start wearing dresses.
I was going to reply but exactly this. BobKat is an idiot, and he went out of his way to prove it (yet again) today.[DOUBLEPOST=1512639808][/DOUBLEPOST]
Where was dopey Abbott?
Did he abstain? Abstainers are cowards
Seems he made a point of avoiding cameras
It's believed he left the chamber in order to abstain.

What a shame that my much loved friend Mary wasn’t here to see this. She died two weeks ago and her funeral was last week. Apparently she had always been a churchgoer, but about 30 years ago, the stupid priest declared homosexuality a sin against god. She left and only went back to support the charities. Two wonderful gay sons.

Attachments

• 2E9FA99C-5476-413B-AEF5-3FA72C6B5834.jpeg
    2E9FA99C-5476-413B-AEF5-3FA72C6B5834.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 4
  • C74386C7-EFE9-424E-9EA0-1B43074314E2.jpeg
    C74386C7-EFE9-424E-9EA0-1B43074314E2.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 2
What a shame that my much loved friend Mary wasn’t here to see this. She died two weeks ago and her funeral was last week. Apparently she had always been a churchgoer, but about 30 years ago, the stupid priest declared homosexuality a sin against god. She left and only went back to support the charities. Two wonderful gay sons.
Oh I am sorry to hear of your loss Beachsands. I would like to think her spirit is out there wherever they go and is celebrating this result.

Blessings Beachsands. May she rest in peace

VbBSAen.jpg

Reactions: kxk
Interesting, I wonder why one would do that?

Still a Trump supporter? Or have you seen the obvious?

20031585_779365855575908_8176889420285044077_n.jpg

And just so you know, there is a huge Catholic YES vote coming....listening to the POPE not parochial Hart
What do you think is stopping the no voter from revealing themselves?
I was aware of the Catholic yes campaign. My point in posting those 2 links was to illustrate that there are bad people on both side, but what I've learnt from this whole SSMV is that there are way more good people on both sides. :)
And yes I still like Trump.

A low response rate means the result can't really been seen as legitimate. We're going to need 60%+ preferably in the 80%s. A response rate of 15% isn't so much low but rather non-existent. But if my inner pessimist is correct and the response is 'no' a low response rate is good for me and my 'yes' side as it can't be seen as any sort of mandate.

*waves* Hiiiiiii!

I don't know so much about any sudden increase in voting fines at the next election. Those young yes voters signed up for a reason and I'd think they'd be likely to vote at the next election. Either out of spite at the coalition for holding the survey or if it's a no result to support Labor's marriage agenda. So it'll most likely bite the coalition is arse next time.

Also you're not a Kiwi, or moved across the ditch, right? 'Cos your avatar is of the NZ in ANZAC. That is, it's got the New Zealand flag not the Australian one in it. ;):p

Hello stranger,

The voting fine thing was just a thought. And the government does love their fine revenue.

No I'm not a kiwi, didn't realise it was NZ flag. Saw this photo a few years ago on an ABC article on ANZAC DAY. I thought it looked nice.

I like my current avatar.

Back