Skip to main content

The Plebiscite for Marriage Equality

If I was picking a marriage celebrant and wanted religious kind - priest would be my last choice, I would want a nun, or female Rev - qtkt, perfect, Buddhist lady guru I have seen doing prison work would be my dream.

If I was picking a marriage celebrant and wanted religious kind - priest would be my last choice, I would want a nun, or female Rev - qtkt, perfect, Buddhist lady guru I have seen doing prison work would be my dream.

United Churches generally are very accepting of LGBT people... At least in Canada... As far as I know they also have female ministers...

Thanks @kxk And I would be honoured to be your celebrant. Just one point though - I am a priest!! Not Roman Catholic obviously, but we are also priests in the Anglican Church. ;)

Reactions: kxk
MELBOURNE, TOMORROW, STATE LIBRARY

https://equallove.info/

21616215_10156664864523696_76324141427494954_n.jpg

THIS SUNDAY 1PM STATE LIBRARY!
MARCH FOR A YES VOTE.
BE PART OF TURNING SWANSTON ST INTO A GIANT RAINBOW.
FOLLOWED BY BLOCK PARTY IN TREASURY GARDENS.

The 'yes' campaign has already made history. Now we need to win the vote, and win by a lot.

So please join Equal Love's 'YES' rally this Sunday to demonstrate that the mass of people support equality and to remind those who have yet to vote 'yes' that it is imperative that they do.

We will be making a giant rainbow down Swanston St - the largest rainbow Melbourne has ever seen. All attendees are encouraged to wear or bring one colour of the rainbow.

The march will be followed by music and performances in Treasury Gardens (south west corner) where we can kick off our ruby slippers and dance our way to a YES Victory.

March route: south down Swanston St, left at Flinders St and into Treasury Gardens at the Spring St/Wellington St corner.

'YES' merchandise will be available on the day, with all proceeds going to Equal Love to help continue the marriage equality campaign.

For more info or to find out how to get involved, go to www.equallove.info.

Thank you for your continued support and remember we are many, they are few. Together we are strong, and we will succeed.
Wanda Sykes is on tv right now, OMG I love her so much")

i don't understand.

A low response rate means the result can't really been seen as legitimate. We're going to need 60%+ preferably in the 80%s. A response rate of 15% isn't so much low but rather non-existent. But if my inner pessimist is correct and the response is 'no' a low response rate is good for me and my 'yes' side as it can't be seen as any sort of mandate.

View attachment 53475
^the governments face when they collect all the fines from the newly enrolled young 'yes' voters who cbf voting in elections.

*waves* Hiiiiiii!

I don't know so much about any sudden increase in voting fines at the next election. Those young yes voters signed up for a reason and I'd think they'd be likely to vote at the next election. Either out of spite at the coalition for holding the survey or if it's a no result to support Labor's marriage agenda. So it'll most likely bite the coalition is arse next time.

Also you're not a Kiwi, or moved across the ditch, right? 'Cos your avatar is of the NZ in ANZAC. That is, it's got the New Zealand flag not the Australian one in it. ;):p

A low response rate means the result can't really been seen as legitimate. We're going to need 60%+ preferably in the 80%s. A response rate of 15% isn't so much low but rather non-existent. But if my inner pessimist is correct and the response is 'no' a low response rate is good for me and my 'yes' side as it can't be seen as any sort of mandate.
I read on the weekend they think it may turn out to be as high as 80%. That would be a bit optimistic I think. But if it's that high it'll presumably be more representative and hopefully reflect a high Yes vote.

Reactions: kxk
I read on the weekend they think it may turn out to be as high as 80%. That would be a bit optimistic I think. But if it's that high it'll presumably be more representative and hopefully reflect a high Yes vote.

Is it tomorrow they're starting to release the response rate?

Noooooooooooo have your lecture prepared, and suck em in at first with a why, I have quotes and life stories, and stuff prepared.

If you want to change someone's mind, the worst thing you can do is lecture them. Unless you just want to feel good about yourself and don't want to try and change opinions through respectful debate.

If you want to change someone's mind, the worst thing you can do is lecture them. Unless you just want to feel good about yourself and don't want to try and change opinions through respectful debate.
Lecture/speech/comment/view/whatever.......you do know NO voters cannot debate don't you?
NO voters....are dumb, some Uni did stats, they are too dumb to be able to debate, thus you get the dumb NO adds that have nothing to do with the issue, they cannot debate so they try to distract waving some irrelevant black flags about some shit they make up:)

No voters try to debate using emotional words and obfuscating topics in the hope their opponents get frustrated or bored with them.

Honestly people don't you know how to troll scammers/telemarketers. You're going about it all wrong if you really want to stick it to them.

You don't want to lecture them at all as they'll just hang up. What you want to do is play the part of an undecided. Seem interested and willing to hear their point of view, act concerned and frightened when they make their outrageous claims, ask follow up questions. Just keep them talking as long as you can. Because if they're busy talking to you they're not talking to anyone else. Then when you can't keep 'em on the line any longer you tell you've already voted yes and sent it in and that they've wasted their time trying to prevent the inevitable.

Back