Skip to main content

The Plebiscite for Marriage Equality

That is what I said.....

Noooooooooooo have your lecture prepared, and suck em in at first with a why, I have quotes and life stories, and stuff prepared.

I chose the wrong word - lecture- I forget so may posters here are so literal......suck em in with my why, discuss, keep asking awkward questions, persuade to a yes vote.
I would be genuinely curious to hear how they were recruited and why they are doing this, and just how clueless they are.
If they try religious crap, I would pull out my church is voting yes.

New ‘yes’ campaign ad featuring Harry Potter star targets huge group who could swing the vote
THE ‘yes’ campaign has gone global to encourage the 200,000 Aussies living in the UK to vote in the same-sex marriage survey. And a Harry Potter star is helping.

A STAR of the smash hit Harry Potter film franchise is helping to get out the ‘yes’ message in the same-sex marriage survey.

Miriam Margolyes is one of several people to feature in a new advertisement from The Equality Campaign, encouraging Australians living in the United Kingdom to take part in the vote.

An estimated 200,000 people from Down Under live and work in the UK at any given time and they help decide to issue one way or another.

Aussie actor Doug Hansell came up with the concept for the video, which takes the ‘yes’ campaign global, as a way of contributing to change.

“I have lived and worked in the UK for the past two-and-a-half years and had been thinking of ways I could get involved with the marriage equality campaign back home,” Hansell said.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/ga...e/news-story/3e860f3112acbfc02d7e0ba636cb9833

There's a big 'Vote Yes' cutout display that greets you as you go through security at Canberra airport. Can only imagine what some politicians think of it!

"It's ok to ..."

... change your survey response :)

* Didn't like the colour biro or the shape of the tick or cross or shade or heart or woteva it woz you put on your first survey return ?

* Forgot to fold your survey in such a way as to prevent postal workers from easily reading your response with a torch ?

* Suspect your survey never made it home to be counted ?

* Worried that the barcode associated with your survey will be forever associated with your response and shall haunt you for the rest of your days and affect your credit rating and employment opportunities and all that when the list of who answered with wot is "leaked" to the internut later this year ?

* Never got your survey and suspect it has been stolen and used by camerashy1 or kxk or trala to make paper planes ?

Well, don't despair, for what follows is how you can make the Powers That Be discount / invalidate your original survey form and be re-issued with a replacement so you can have the fun of re-doing it or ignoring it, etc, etc, etc, all over again. :)

I used the following method and so did my wife ... and it was very satisfying.

Deem "glad to be of service" included :)

Today's PSA is on how to request a replacement survey package.

Here tis:

https://marriagesurvey.abs.gov.au/have-your-say
https://www4.abs.gov.au/web/survey.nsf/amlpspprenqform

The issuing of a replacement survey will invalidate any previously issued forms.

regarDS

Looking forward to tomorrow's update from the ABS. If it was ~58% returned last week, it could well be 70-75% by now, and possibly more. Although I'm sure it'll start to tail off now.

Whatever you do, don't lose it and need a replacement, that process Derspatz is doing - ugh! looked like such a pain.

So I went back to searching, found, done, posted..................there are probably lots like me to be counted @timmydownawell ...knew I would have put it somewhere safe.....but got panicky thinking I might miss the dateline.
The disorganized voters should be a BIG number coming

I think Wednesday is the final day to request replacements anyway.

If the count tomorrow is 75% or more I'll be pretty happy with that. The end result should easily be over 80% and the result will be reliable.

Reactions: kxk
BREAKING: 62.5% of people, aka 10 million, have returned survey forms back to the ABS

That's a massive slow down in responses. Bit disappointing tbh. But it's still ahead of the return rate in Ireland (60.5%)

Reactions: kxk
MELBOURNE YES HAS PLANS FOR EVERY WEEKEND UNTIL.....COUNTING VOTES......

AND THEN, PARTIES & PICNICS TO CELEBRATE :)
(Trades Hall st party, Fed Square, etc)

21740511_337512156674826_4438652734606144435_n.jpg

FLASH DANCE

Flashmob - Participant Registration
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSebSMg_SUXew3M8ZxL_rnIK7pw7Cr2f5Gx4CcqVelBOI78bUw/viewform

Atlassian founder Mike Cannon-Brookes says Australia is at the ‘back of the pack’ on social issues
AUSSIE tech billionaire Mike Cannon-Brookes is killing it overseas, but says Australia is seen as the “back of the pack”.

b6623908d99613965d6868c71d2b278d

ONE of the country’s most successful IT entrepreneurs has said Australia is increasingly seen as a “disappointment” overseas and at the “back of the pack” on social issues.

Speaking exclusively to news.com.au, founder of software company Atlassian Mike Cannon-Brookes said Australia’s lack of same-sex marriage was a “surprise” to many people he met when out of the country.
http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...s/news-story/595043337b8c74955a1800743012af4b

Over two thirds of all Australians eligible to vote have now posted in their same-sex marriage survey forms, with three weeks still to run in the national vote. The 10.8 million returned ballots amounts to 67.5% of the eligible Australian population.

On track to get between a 70 and 75% return, which is a very good result for a non compulsory survey. 80% would be fantastic though but looks unattainable as they want people to get their forms posted by the 27th so they will make it back before the 7 November deadline.

I am looking forward to this being over. Having said that, I am pretty sure the Coalition will put forward a toxic bill that the Senate will vote against. Ultimately I don't believe this government will get marriage equality through because they have fought against it at every step. They are not going to let a Yes vote stop them getting their way. So I will have to be content with looking forward to the next election.

Back