Skip to main content

...the many things that you remember as a kid or teenager...

...speaking of 'The Time Tunnel'... I found this great little mini documentary on the show... it only goes for about 18 minutes but it really is worth watching... cheers.

...I know that I've posted this image in this thread before of me as a 18 or 19 year old teenager and sitting on my bed listening to my new record album that I had just bought... I was holding up David Bowie's 'Pinups' album... R.I.P David Bowie... you will be so missed... cheers.

img0264.jpg

...I know that I've posted this image in this thread before of me as a 18 or 19 year old teenager and sitting on my bed listening to my new record album that I had just bought... I was holding up David Bowie's 'Pinups' album... R.I.P David Bowie... you will be so missed... cheers.

View attachment 51017
dat wallpaper rofl

Great pic tho, all the more meaningful now.

...I remember when I was a kid I would always buy what was probably my most favourite icecream of all time each afternoon on the way home from School... a 'Splice' icecream... I loved them... remember them?...

2016-01-16_0-51-45.jpg

..my sweet darling wife and I were in Coles on Thursday and I was standing beside the icecream fridge while she was looking at something on a shelf nearby... we don't usually look at icecreams because we rarely eat them but I just happened to glance down and saw this...

DSC00894.JPG

...then suddenly a beautiful glowing halo appeared around it and I heard angels singing and rainbows a seemed to appear all around me... I was destined to find this... I was destined to buy it... I was destined to eat it!!... there's only half a tub left now... it tastes beautiful!... I keep getting flashbacks to my teen years each time I have some... I so love this world!... cheers.

...I have about 200 or so old vinyl record albums and about 300 or more single vinyl records... perhaps I should put some of the crappier records to good use by creating some of these?... lol!... cheers.

ea1cf3dd8d124433a6157af9e4065491.jpg
caf1c300c925252960ff13a4a0396781.jpg
murpgH3PaU0XrMqJqN9CV_w.jpg

vintage_vinyl_300.jpg
497c98f95207a947ff4737656694bb1a.jpg
superherovinylclocks_1.jpg

recordmirror.jpg

recycled-vynil-record-clock.jpg

Vinyl-Bookends.jpg

0f9065add0cac75517c1a5f0d6a081ff.jpg

I saw this list and had to have a bit of a laugh. I was in year 6 in 1978.

Those prices!:D(but no devon and tomato sauce rolls on that list which was my favourite)

View attachment 51181

...I see the words 'sun pack' in the drinks section but cannot remember exactly what they were?... was it orange juice or something similar?... just curious... cheers.

...at one stage in my teens I was a 'Fanta-holic'... I can't remember when the last time was that I had a can of Fanta... hmmm... I might buy a can next time I'm up the street now... it's time to remind myself of how great it tasted methinks!... lol!... cheers.

ukyr.jpg

...I see the words 'sun pack' in the drinks section but cannot remember exactly what they were?... was it orange juice or something similar?... just curious... cheers.
I actually don't recall "Sun pack" either and was thinking maybe it was similar to a "Sunny-boy"?

This picture is how I remember them in school.sunnyboy.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1454902254][/DOUBLEPOST]
...at one stage in my teens I was a 'Fanta-holic'... I can't remember when the last time was that I had a can of Fanta... hmmm... I might buy a can next time I'm up the street now... it's time to remind myself of how great it tasted methinks!... lol!... cheers.

View attachment 51184
Oh Fanta comes in all array of different flavours now, Mr S.

You'll get a shock when you see how many.

I quite like the grape flavoured Fanta.

I saw this list and had to have a bit of a laugh. I was in year 6 in 1978.

Those prices!:D(but no devon and tomato sauce rolls on that list which was my favourite)

View attachment 51181

Devon and tomato sauce sandwiches were the best! I remember waiting for my Dad to come home from work just to check his crib for leftovers (hoping for them). Pretty sure he used to leave the devon ones for me deliberately.

Second favourite – baked bean sandwiches. Ahhh the memories. :)

Devon and tomato sauce sandwiches were the best! I remember waiting for my Dad to come home from work just to check his crib for leftovers (hoping for them). Pretty sure he used to leave the devon ones for me deliberately.

Second favourite – baked bean sandwiches. Ahhh the memories. :)
Oh bless your Dad for doing that (leaving you the leftover sandwiches):thumbsup:

My second favourite was Vegemite sandwiches. I will every once in a while have a devon and tomato sauce roll for lunch.

Ahh yes the memories.:D

Back