Skip to main content

The Kieran Show

I remember, years ago, Kerry Stokes cheerfully referring to one of the top rating reality shows they had, maybe MKR back in its heyday, or some other show I was then watching, which is why it pricked my ears, as 'a shit show'. They give the public what they want attitude. That really stuck with me.

That was still when Seven was at the top... Not when they’re in the middle of an overhaul hoping to win back viewers. BB seems to be the cornerstone of winning back prime demographics.

I think I remember reading that rumour from that wonderful site tv blackbox? I could be wrong though.

The rumour came from that site... But this has nothing to do with my personal feelings. The fact is the rumour was false or grossly overblown. They’ve since released countless reports stating Seven were extremely please with the final product.

This is actually a very old moan - it was a complaint of mine back in the glory days of Big Brother. No housemate is bigger than the show, and whenever the show is built around one housemate is usually fails. Sometimes it's understandable when it's an entertaining housemate worthy of the airtime, but when it's around a dullard who has no entertainment value and is about as interesting to watch as a lettuce it makes no sense at all, and ultimately it's insulting to both viewers and especially the other housemates.

We want Big Brother. We don't want The Kieran Show.

Love this post! My thoughts exactly.

I think the producers severely overestimated that Kieran would be popular with viewers.

Sometimes I feel like producers are out of touch with what the viewers actually like to watch.

Check out TV Blackbox's front page right now

/me smirks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 18.15.46.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 18.15.46.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 33
I think the producers severely overestimated that Kieran would be popular with viewers.

This is what I don't get though. We very clearly are NOT meant to like him - The constant shots of his face with his tongue out, the snot bubble, calling his move a "blatant lie" etc..

All these things are trying to make us disgusted with him and his game. So, why is this happening? I don't get it.

This is what I don't get though. We very clearly are NOT meant to like him - The constant shots of his face with his tongue out, the snot bubble, calling his move a "blatant lie" etc..

All these things are trying to make us disgusted with him and his game. So, why is this happening? I don't get it.
unnamed.jpg

;)

I don’t understand why most of these people were cast. What do you guys think the producers were going for?

Whatever it is, definitely seems like it didn’t work out the way they intended.

I feel like most of them got chosen for their looks.

Back