Skip to main content

The Kieran Show

...to be fair Kieran and Angela are the only two housemates with a crumb of personality. The rest function as cardboard cut outs minus the fun of cardboard...
very true.
I think the only other two with somewhat of an interesting personality are Garth and Sarah, the rest are boring af

He is not entertaining at all for me. Can't wait for him to go.

At least he does stuff. If they literally showed a still picture of some of the house mates for 3 seconds randomly through out an episode. I wouldn't notice anything different.

I don’t understand why most of these people were cast. What do you guys think the producers were going for?

Whatever it is, definitely seems like it didn’t work out the way they intended.

It could be worse....they could be force feeding us on pewkmance.

Guess that will be the third act after the (Angela and) Kieran Show. Chophiemance.
Chopie :D

I get the impression Chad and Sophie weren't showmancing enough for the producers liking.

A lot of the HMs do appear to be just lying around the pool whenever there's no task on. So the producers have to keep dipping into their bag of 'can act up some footage' housemates, which keeps getting smaller (Allan, Soobong, Talia, Angela, Kieren, Daniel, sometimes Ian). The Kieren show is a result of this.

On the other side of the coin maybe the housemate are lying around the pool because they're exhausted from all these same old endurance and sleep deprivation tasks.
The accelerated format doesn't give them chance to get the content they need as the housemates don't really get chance to process it and basically have to move on to the next "week" straight away, rather than having six days to stew about being nominated.

Having no time between the challenge and nominations makes no sense either - that's probably the most important time of the week in the US format this is largely based on with deals to be struck. That is where strategies can be born too - the way the Aussies are doing it there is no advantage to anyone other than the nominees to really talk game, and that is over just a couple of hours when the "game" is pretty much solely about saving themselves.

"Strategy" which is just about saving yourself or winning a challenge to get someone out isn't interesting - it's those that have a longer term strategy who are ultimately more interesting, or the capability to flip the house and see the housemate who feels safe walk out of the door.

I think BB will use Kieran to add more mischief into the house. The whole Garth situation / Green Room etc did provide for some entertainment admittedly. As a strong housemate you need to be able to weather those storms.

The rumour about Seven being unhappy with the cast is flat out bs... Seven would be just as much at fault for any casting disaster as Endemol Shine.

Unless the contracts with this series included special provisions that surrendered more creative control than they previously held Seven had to sign off on any creative decision Endemol Shine make. This includes castings...

Unless Seven are willing to admit some sort of massive oversight on their part they’d never make a statement like that. Seven also aren’t likely to have given up control over a production they’re paying for.

So let’s stop giving credibility to a rumour that is simply NOT TRUE.

Last edited:
The rumour about Seven being unhappy with the cast is flat out bs

But why would they be happy with this cast? :wacky::smuggrin:

I can quite see them being happy with those who were cast - individually the profiles read fine - but then unhappy with how they actually performed once in the house.

Does not excuse the edit or the creation of the Kieran Show.

But why would they be happy with this cast? :wacky::smuggrin:

I can quite see them being happy with those who were cast - individually the profiles read fine - but then unhappy with how they actually performed once in the house.

Does not excuse the edit or the creation of the Kieran Show.

And what reason would they have to be pissed at Endemol Shine for when they’d be just as much at fault?

And what reason would they have to be pissed at Endemol Shine for when they’d be just as much at fault?

I know nothing about them being pissed at producers, or the above rumours actually. Just saying that, rationally, they could have approved the cast and still lamented the results.

I know nothing about them being pissed at producers, or the above rumours actually. Just saying that, rationally, they could have approved the cast and still lamented the results.

If they were that unhappy they wouldn’t have let the show go to air. Let alone continue production for the remainder of the series.

They’d apparently already negotiated a situation that released them from any upfront payments. It wouldn’t be that hard to have walked away and negotiated a settlement for the aborted series.

It also doesn’t make sense to have let such damming statement out like that... How ridiculous is it to have the network promote the show and then turn around and tell potential viewers they know the show is crap?

If they were that unhappy they wouldn’t have let the show go to air. Let alone continue production for the remainder of the series.

They’d apparently already negotiated a situation that released them from any upfront payments. It wouldn’t be that hard to have walked away and negotiated a settlement for the aborted series.

It also doesn’t make sense to have let such damming statement out like that... How ridiculous is it to have the network promote the show and then turn around and tell potential viewers they know the show is crap?

Where is the damning statement?

I remember, years ago, Kerry Stokes cheerfully referring to one of the top rating reality shows they had, maybe MKR back in its heyday, or some other show I was then watching, which is why it pricked my ears, as 'a shit show'. They give the public what they want attitude. That really stuck with me.

I think I remember reading that rumour from that wonderful site tv blackbox? I could be wrong though.

Back