Skip to main content

The gay novelty

Would you be comfortable with a gay relationship in the house?

• Yes

Votes: 82 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Yes - But male only

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Yes - But female only

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
I don't think it is the right environment for any real romance. It almost seems forced.

But, most 'real life' relationships are not much better

and no real outside influences either, plus the majority of the housemates have the summer camp mentality

Not sure if I am missing something, but there seems to be discussion that there has not been a true relationship in the house in the past.

Season 2 contestants Jess and Marty developed a relationship while in the house and got married after their season with the event actually televised. The relationship was very well received and was a significant story line.

Not sure if I am missing something, but there seems to be discussion that there has not been a true relationship in the house in the past.

Season 2 contestants Jess and Marty developed a relationship while in the house and got married after their season with the event actually televised. The relationship was very well received and was a significant story line.

They did develop that relationship out of the house.....And sold the rights to the wedding and relationship to other Vr shows. Last time I saw Jess was single and on some stupid show where people are placed in darkrooms and expected to make out.

The relationship was a great storyline, and thats it!

As sad as it is, I can't see Nine ever REALLY wanting a gay relationship on BB. I'm sure they would be okay with it, but I can't see them pushing for it. The entire show seems to revolve around straight romances because that appeals to the tweens. I'm not sure that, as a country, we're in a place where they think a gay relationship would be the best thing for their target audience.

The gay novelty as it is for the current day BB is "Yay, let's all laugh at the flamboyant gay man!" It's one of the worst parts of the live shows. You can guarantee they'll get Jason to do something and the audience will laugh at it.

The gay novelty as it is for the current day BB is "Yay, let's all laugh at the flamboyant gay man!" It's one of the worst parts of the live shows. You can guarantee they'll get Jason to do something and the audience will laugh at it.
And the thing is, Jason isn't even flamboyant. He's a tryhard at it, or at least BB edits it to make him seem that way.

Jason's a very 'regular' folk in my book.

As sad as it is, I can't see Nine ever REALLY wanting a gay relationship on BB. I'm sure they would be okay with it, but I can't see them pushing for it. The entire show seems to revolve around straight romances because that appeals to the tweens. I'm not sure that, as a country, we're in a place where they think a gay relationship would be the best thing for their target audience.

like wear silver hotpants with a fake leaf over his bits

And the thing is, Jason isn't even flamboyant. He's a tryhard at it, or at least BB edits it to make him seem that way.

Jason's a very 'regular' folk in my book.

He said as much in his intro too, didn't he? I feel like it's Big Brother just wanting him to be flamboyant.

As much as I want a homosexual relationship on Big Brother. I just don't think that Channel 9 could pull it off, over the past 3 seasons the homosexual housemates that have been cast Ben, Ben & Jason are all depicted very stereotypical with a feminine and bitchy demeanor. If Big Brother does return next year(which at this point I doubt) I would really like them to cast someone who is just a normal guy, who happens to be gay but it's not the defining thing that the editors focus on.

I'd definitely like to see a gay relationship in the house, but nothing genuine! I want it to be the biggest showmance fake shit ever. A showmance to end all showmances, hopefully literally.

(seriously tho Nine would never go for it because they wouldn't dare allow the gay tweens to feel too much hope)

i'd love a really stereotypically hot lesbian in there turning all the straight girls and hurting all the jock guys' feewings with her sexual prowess hehe

but yeah, i'd love to see an actual accurate representation of queer sexuality/romance in the house but i don't think it'll ever happen. it's just be too controversial given the young demographic (i assume! i don't actually know who watches big brother haha) the gay housemates we've had are cool but have only provided a really limited one dimensional kinda representation of a community which is actually super diverse. i'm not 100% sure if big brother is good or bad for queer representation but i guess something's better than nothing?

I just don't understand how House Husbands can have a prominent gay character who isn't flamboyant, but a real gay can't be 'regular' on BB all on the same network.

On a side note, I'm watching BBUK 2005, the fight night season, and literally half of the initial housemates going in are LGBT. 1 L, 2 G, 2 B, 1 T.

i'd love a really stereotypically hot lesbian in there turning all the straight girls and hurting all the jock guys' feewings with her sexual prowess hehe
I thought a stereotypical lesbian looked like Ellen DeGeneres or is at least butch. :smile:

I thought a stereotypical lesbian looked like Ellen DeGeneres or is at least butch. :smile:
haha yes! i mean like a "lipstick lesbian" you know, stereotypically hot, not stereotypically gay. would be 100% for some butch babes in the house too though!! you'd need a "straight looking" (lol all these scare quotes) lesbian to seduce all the straight girls i reckon and that's really what's at the core of my gay agenda :D

I don't think it's likely that there'll be any gay relationships in the house because if you just put 2 single gay guys (for example) in there, they probably won't be compatible (because you're not compatible with most people you meet), but if they fill up half the house with gay guys, it looks too contrived and everyone would complain because it would seem like the HMs are chosen just because they're gay.

haha yes! i mean like a "lipstick lesbian" you know, stereotypically hot, not stereotypically gay. would be 100% for some butch babes in the house too though!! you'd need a "straight looking" (lol all these scare quotes) lesbian to seduce all the straight girls i reckon and that's really what's at the core of my gay agenda :D

So you want to watch any chick fnck all the other females in the house. Sorry if I'm wrong, but that's how it came across .
Good for you.....there are websites for that, but I dont think its BB

Back