Skip to main content

The gay novelty

Would you be comfortable with a gay relationship in the house?

• Yes

Votes: 82 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Yes - But male only

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Yes - But female only

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters

Sheep

Awesome site donor
Has this subject come up before?

This topic can have a tendency to get out of hand so if we can keep responses serious and without judgement that would be appreciated...!

I assume BB have a certain 'gay' quota they have to fill in order to come across as tolerant to the general populous; and this quota seems to be exactly one guy (and to a lesser extent, 1 female).

I have also noticed they pick them very specifically; that is, to be selected as the token gay guy you need to be somewhat flamboyant, outgoing, and in a relationship. While BB wants to appear tolerant, they also do everything in their power to reduce the chance of a gay relationship in the house - which is pretty fucked up really.

So my question to you is this; I have only seen maybe 5-6 Aus seasons, and can't remember any gay relationships occurring, have they happened? How did it go? what where the reactions?

As I am kiwi, I am not sure how Australia in general would react to it; how tolerant is Aus to homosexuality? Would this be bad for the show - do you agree with the producers?

It seems the gay housemates are treated as a novelty... but my assessment could be completely wrong, hence this thread.

I made a poll so people don't have to worry about potential backlash for a negative opinion. But I am interested in your views!

There hasn't even really been a genuine straight relationship develop in the house tbh

Yeah true, but it's not really their fault; it is pretty unusual conditions. Not sure true genuine is possible while the country watches on and you are part of a game show. But some couples get closer to it than others.

Yeah true, but it's not really their fault; it is pretty unusual conditions. Not sure true genuine is possible while the country watches on and you are part of a game show. But some couples get closer to it than others.

Agreed, superfisial environment, limited interactions, humans crave connection, so have to do best with what available tbh, but I would like to see a nice representation of a gay relationship, even a good friendship, but there is rarely 2 in at the same time, sometimes crossover with intruders, but then it gets a bit Daffyd "Only gay in the village" mentality. As much as the producers want romance the house itself isn't a place it can happen, long term anyway

Also if your biggest selling point is your sexuality....

I want to see the reverse of a Drully type situation, minus someone being in a relationship. One gay person and one "straight" person discovering parts of their sexuality. But it would ultimately feel tokenistic as it would be short lived and probably prove to be a novelty once on the outside world. The longest lasting relationship from BBAU seems to be Susannah and Thomas who were together for around 4 years, but they didn't even so much as kiss whilst in the house, so maybe something with the connection and just mild flirting would be better viewing. I'd mostly want to know if Nein would even air it or be total jerks and just edit it out altogether.

I want to see the reverse of a Drully type situation, minus someone being in a relationship. One gay person and one "straight" person discovering parts of their sexuality. But it would ultimately feel tokenistic as it would be short lived and probably prove to be a novelty once on the outside world. The longest lasting relationship from BBAU seems to be Susannah and Thomas who were together for around 4 years, but they didn't even so much as kiss whilst in the house, so maybe something with the connection and just mild flirting would be better viewing. I'd mostly want to know if Nein would even air it or be total jerks and just edit it out altogether.

I think they would at best allude to it, but never show it, even when Ben won and his Ben was waiting for him, it was just a peck not a I haven't seen you for 3 months kiss

It was too much for me last night when Jason did the 'Macaulay Culkin Home Alone' thing; you know, slapping his hands to both sides of his face...yikes...his face goes through Dion's crossfit so many times within one episode, I put my hand up to block his asswipe mug out...it his nothing do do with his sexuality...sick of BB thinking people are so dumb that we have to deal in stereotyping.

It was too much for me last night when Jason did the 'Macaulay Culkin Home Alone' thing; you know, slapping his hands to both sides of his face...yikes...his face goes through Dion's crossfit so many times within one episode, I put my hand up to block his asswipe mug out...it his nothing do do with his sexuality...sick of BB thinking people are so dumb that we have to deal in stereotyping.

I would like to see that too, serious.

But I bet there wouldn't be the same outrage from the straight community that one of our own had 'turned' like there was with the lesbian community to Tully!

How about just a full-on swinging-couple swapping dutch-door scenario? No holes barred just a bonanza of bisexual bootay.

Double penetration, bukkake, blowbangs ... the works.

Be a ratings hit.

I think it's great to have a diverse cast and Jason has been open about himself. And the acceptance from the housemates and audience is positive.

But I am struggling to see Jason beyond that label, which is a shame. He has been flying under the radar and I know absolutely nothing about him as a person besides the fact that yes, he is gay. He doesn't participate in conversations or actions that inform us of his character.

The housemates are right in saying that he sits back and just listens. He's playing too safe, but at the same time, trying to hard to please the camera.

I would like to see how long two guys could go for without boning each other.
we'd never know, fill the house with gays![DOUBLEPOST=1412121860][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think it's great to have a diverse cast and Jason has been open about himself. And the acceptance from the housemates and audience is positive.

But I am struggling to see Jason beyond that label, which is a shame. He has been flying under the radar and I know absolutely nothing about him as a person besides the fact that yes, he is gay. He doesn't participate in conversations or actions that inform us of his character.

The housemates are right in saying that he sits back and just listens. He's playing too safe, but at the same time, trying to hard to please the camera.

Thats why I said if sexuality only "interesting" thing about them, then its boring, if Jason wasn't gay he wouldn't be a housemate, he is boring as hell

if there was a genuine connection, I would fucking love it! I would like to see a normal gay relationship shown on the show, not a novelty or a showman, but it will never happen

I would like to see that too, serious.

But I bet there wouldn't be the same outrage from the straight community that one of our own had 'turned' like there was with the lesbian community to Tully!

I would like to see how long two guys could go for without boning each other.

^ What they said. :)

And David was cast for the beard.

Your display pic is disturbing, yet making me hungry.
If they wanted a bearded hipster they should of just went down chapel st or bondi, could walk past 20 who are more interesting in a 5 minute period

Back