Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

One of the new Bachelors seems like a catch (the middle one).
thebachelorau_283428288_709219336994703_2500344561922697902_n.jpg

(Yes I know it was a long time ago but it shows the dangers of letting kids use social media - it will haunt them forever).

View attachment 58004
You have to be pretty pathetic to be trawling back 11 years through social media posts just to find something to claim is controversial, probably written when they were a kid. Indeed with most journalists own accounts you only have to go back a few days to find them talking shit.

I don't get really why social media doesn't have an option to hide all posts more than a year old by default. I also don't get why anyone going on such a TV show doesn't lock down their accounts immediately and start them afresh.

One of the new Bachelors seems like a catch (the middle one).
thebachelorau_283428288_709219336994703_2500344561922697902_n.jpg

(Yes I know it was a long time ago but it shows the dangers of letting kids use social media - it will haunt them forever).

View attachment 58004

Heard on the radio (Abbie Chatfield) that it was someone who probably has it in for him. A vendetta of sorts from a long time ago...makes sense imo. Geez the things people post unsuspectingly really come back to haunt them eventually.

Heard on the radio (Abbie Chatfield) that it was someone who probably has it in for him. A vendetta of sorts from a long time ago...makes sense imo. Geez the things people post unsuspectingly really come back to haunt them eventually.
The posts are not public, they're limited to friends only, so it's someone he knows or has made a FB friend. All the more reason to be careful who you let into your FB world.

OMG, how much I have missed my old mate Liam Gallagher. So good to see him on the project tonight! So glad I saw him advertised as I don't watch the project!
He's an arrogant Shit, but I still love him, but Noel is my man! I often wonder if Noel will eventually give in and agree to a final get together. Part of me wants it, but part of me doesn't.
I love my 90s/2000s memories.

Last edited:
OMG, how much I have missed my old mate Liam Gallagher. So good to see him on the project tonight! So glad I saw him advertised as I don't watch the project!
He's an arrogant Shit, but I still love him, but Noel is my man! I often wonder if Noel will eventually give in and agree to a final get together. Part of me wants it, but part of me doesn't.
I love my 90s/2000s memories.
I had to laugh at his 100% certainty that Oasis were better than The Beatles, and everyone else.

I just stumbled upon a doco about Dalvanius Prime & the Patea Maori Club's 1984 hit song Poi E. Kiwis will remember this song as marking a resurgence of Maori language and culture in NZ. It was #1 for weeks. It's interesting, and I have to admit I always get a bit nostalgic and teary eyed about NZ when I see stuff like this.

It's available here.

@Isee if you're interested. Kia ora.

*I'm about an hour into it and there are some A/V sync issues, but still watchable.

For the rest of you, here's the 1984 video clip of the song:

Last edited:
I just stumbled upon a doco about Dalvanius Prime & the Patea Maori Club's 1984 hit song Poi E. Kiwis will remember this song as marking a resurgence of Maori language and culture in NZ. It was #1 for weeks. It's interesting, and I have to admit I always get a bit nostalgic and teary eyed about NZ when I see stuff like this.

It's available here.

@Isee if you're interested. Kia ora.

*I'm about an hour into it and there are some A/V sync issues, but still watchable.

For the rest of you, here's the 1984 video clip of the song:
;0
Thanks - This song always makes me homesick. I shall check this out :)

Not sure if the final series of Derry Girls has made it on to Netflix worldwide yet but the final episode is as perfect a finale as you can get. Perfectly combines comedy with an important and relevant history lesson.

And just as one perfect C4 comedy ended another began - can't recommend Big Boys highly enough.

Watched the first ep of the rebooted Queer as Folk last night. And I'm gonna watch it again before watching the rest.

Minor spoiler dogdammit they killed off one of the hot guys

Watched the first ep of the rebooted Queer as Folk last night. And I'm gonna watch it again before watching the rest.

Minor spoiler dogdammit they killed off one of the hot guys

I've been umming and ahing about whether to watch this reboot. I enjoyed the UK and US series but I've been burned by reboots so a tad apprehensive. Ha!

Currently watching Alone. It's quite interesting. It's people alone surviving in the forests of Canada. They drop a bunch of people into the forests to video themselves surviving off the land. Building shelter, getting food extra. Then it's a game of who can survive the longest out there. It's amazing how short a time so many last.

Back