Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Currently watching Alone. It's quite interesting. It's people alone surviving in the forests of Canada. They drop a bunch of people into the forests to video themselves surviving off the land. Building shelter, getting food extra. Then it's a game of who can survive the longest out there. It's amazing how short a time so many last.
They are making an Australian version in Tasmania apparently.

Last edited:
Currently watching Alone. It's quite interesting. It's people alone surviving in the forests of Canada. They drop a bunch of people into the forests to video themselves surviving off the land. Building shelter, getting food extra. Then it's a game of who can survive the longest out there. It's amazing how short a time so many last.
I've watched all the seasons & episodes of Alone. Love it!

Maybe it's my age, but I wish there wasn't an age limit.
I don't really want to watch or listen to young people :p doing their crap new music, when they don't actually know any of the classics

Randomly came across duchess on Netflix. Loved it. Finished watching jack Whitehall travels with my father. How did I only find out about this show recently- it’s hilarious!

The Time Traveller’s Wife not to get its second half. Well it just okay and I know how it ends. This is what happens when I don’t wait.

I cannot remember the name but we watched the Kevin hart one with woody harrelson. It’s crap, don’t waste your time.

Star Trek Strange New Worlds season 1 has ended. A good return to form for trek after the bad writing of Discovery and awfulness of Picard.

The Orville is still good but not great.

For All Mankind is still an underrated gem of a TV show people have never heard of.

The Boy's season 3 finished last night. I thought it was decent, the girlfriend did not.

Just waiting to find time to start The Terminal List. Probably after BB finishes.

Finished watching jack Whitehall travels with my father. How did I only find out about this show recently- it’s hilarious!

That show was good. I strangely watched that show over such a long time. I'd just watch little sections in between things.

I cannot remember the name but we watched the Kevin hart one with woody harrelson. It’s crap, don’t waste your time.
The Man from Toronto.

It looked like it could go either way, or if you're in the right mood.

That show was good. I strangely watched that show over such a long time. I'd just watch little sections in between things.

The Man from Toronto.

It looked like it could go either way, or if you're in the right mood.
Dad is hilarious. His dry wit and humour, and his temper. He became the star quite quickly. Though later seasons it did seem more scripted for some reason. But I could easily watch all over again. Kind of like Gordon, Gino, Fred’s shows.

Honestly don’t bother with the man from Toronto. Unless you’re curious, then go for it. But personally I found it ridiculous, or I just wasn’t in the mood for it.

Star Trek Strange New Worlds season 1 has ended. A good return to form for trek after the bad writing of Discovery and awfulness of Picard.
I kind of thought that the Star Trek concept was essentially dead after those two iterations. So I’m happy they seem to have found the sense to go back to what made the show great. I can’t say it has produced anything approaching a classic episode yet but it’s not out of the question.

Has anyone been watching The Twelve on Foxtel?
Pretty good Aussie show with a great cast. 5 of the 10 episodes have aired so far.

Back