Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

DWTS - It's good light entertainment, but I think they are throwing the tens around too liberally.
I couldn't really see what was so great about David Rodan.
Courtney Act, on the other hand...

It was also amusing when Sonia said Ricki Lee was gonna "cut a bitch", and Ricki's shocked reaction.

Had to give up on The 100 (the Andy Lee show).
We can usually put up with a wide variety of light entertainment ranging from HYBPA to Hughsey, but this show has nothing, not even worth recording to fill an hour on the weekend.

Why are TEN playing repeats of The Dog House but advertising it as though it's a new season?
It's my mum's favourite show so I tape it for her, but it's so annoying when deja vu sets in.
It's usually about halfway through the episode, as it's not like you can look at a dog and go "Ï've seen this one before".
But the humans become more familiar and you realise you saw this episode a few years ago.

DWTS - It's good light entertainment, but I think they are throwing the tens around too liberally.
I couldn't really see what was so great about David Rodan.
Courtney Act, on the other hand...

It was also amusing when Sonia said Ricki Lee was gonna "cut a bitch", and Ricki's shocked reaction.
Obviously you expect All Stars to be a class above but it seems to be a problem on all these such shows now. Strictly and Dancing on Ice are now regularly giving out full marks mid-series when it used to be the case that if you got final perhaps if you were lucky you might get full marks for one of your routines.

Why are TEN playing repeats of The Dog House but advertising it as though it's a new season?
It's my mum's favourite show so I tape it for her, but it's so annoying when deja vu sets in.
It's usually about halfway through the episode, as it's not like you can look at a dog and go "Ï've seen this one before".
But the humans become more familiar and you realise you saw this episode a few years ago.
New episodes from tomorrow apparently.

Did the flood relief concert feature different acts on different channels, or were some cut for time (even though it went for 5 hours).
I watched on channel 7 and whenever I turned to 9 or 10 it was exactly the same, but I missed Jessica Mauboy and Vanessa Amorosi.
(And Tones & I but I don't care about that, and I was probably having a micro-nap).

Currently watching Counterpart. It's really good.

Basic concept is that 30 years ago there was an incident and reality doubled. There's a passage between two earths. Everything was the same, but over this time the worlds have diverged and our now in a cold war with each other.

It's got really good acting, people playing the different versions of themselves on each sides. Mysteries, conspiracies and spy games going on. The knowledge of both sides is only known by a small few.

Last edited:
Did the flood relief concert feature different acts on different channels, or were some cut for time (even though it went for 5 hours).
I watched on channel 7 and whenever I turned to 9 or 10 it was exactly the same, but I missed Jessica Mauboy and Vanessa Amorosi.
(And Tones & I but I don't care about that, and I was probably having a micro-nap).
I watched all of the telethon. It was the same content on every channel. Seemed like most of the music performances were pre-recorded earlier in the day however Vanessa Amorosi performed “Shine” live on the set. She was on in the first 30 minutes of the telethon. Tones & I was the first performance of the night. That was pre-recorded.

I noticed too that a lot of people that were mentioned in the commercials and/or the press releases didn’t make an appearance. I wonder what happened? Some of the missing guests I noticed were: Jimmy Barnes, Jess Mauboy, Peter Overton and Barry DuBois.

^^I watched on 9...saw Vanessa Amorosi but I didn't see any of the personalities you mentioned either.

I watched all of the telethon. It was the same content on every channel. Seemed like most of the music performances were pre-recorded earlier in the day however Vanessa Amorosi performed “Shine” live on the set. She was on in the first 30 minutes of the telethon. Tones & I was the first performance of the night. That was pre-recorded.

I noticed too that a lot of people that were mentioned in the commercials and/or the press releases didn’t make an appearance. I wonder what happened? Some of the missing guests I noticed were: Jimmy Barnes, Jess Mauboy, Peter Overton and Barry DuBois.

^^I watched on 9...saw Vanessa Amorosi but I didn't see any of the personalities you mentioned either.
Thanks. Seeing as I missed Vanessa and Tones, I think I may have tuned in about ten minutes late.
I saw them both in recaps on Sunrise today, but nothing of Jessica or Jimmy.

Currently watching Counterpart. It's really good.

Basic concept is that 30 years ago there was an incident and reality doubled. There's a passage between two earths. Everything was the same, but over this time the worlds have diverged and our now in a cold war with each other.

It's got really good acting, people playing the different versions of themselves on each sides. Mysteries, conspiracies and spy games going on. The knowledge of both sides is only known by a small few.
Yeah that was a great show, deserved more attention.

Yeah that was a great show, deserved more attention.

I get amazed at the number of shows that are great which just seemed to have passed by me. Over the last couple of years, the shows that stick out to me are ones that weren't the latest new series on streaming.

Although having just said that, "Severence" on Apple+ at the moment is fantastic.

There is just too much choice and too much content at the moment to even care about watching the latest "must see" programme if you're not subscribed to it.

It was different when it was just a case of subscribing to one pay-TV subscriber to see certain shows if you really wanted too, or then when Netflix came along subscribing to that, but now there are at least half a dozen major players churning out shows at varying rates you just have to accept you can't watch everything.

There is just too much choice and too much content at the moment to even care about watching the latest "must see" programme if you're not subscribed to it.

It was different when it was just a case of subscribing to one pay-TV subscriber to see certain shows if you really wanted too, or then when Netflix came along subscribing to that, but now there are at least half a dozen major players churning out shows at varying rates you just have to accept you can't watch everything.
Totally agree! I can't keep up with what I have already which is only Fox and Netflix let alone subscribing to more. Why would I pay so much a month for stuff I'd never get around to watching?

Did anyone else find the conclusion of SAS Australia a disappointment?

Not the episode itself, or the celebrities, who I thought were a great cast this year.

But the way they were randomly eliminated just so that only one of them could be crowned the 'winner'.

All five of the finalists did everything that was asked of them, and as far as I could tell completed the SAS selection course.

So then the officers decided to eliminate them anyway, for random and petty reasons.

I know it's just a tv show, but it didn't deliver what it promised for the participants, who didn't deserve to be treated so poorly.
I mean REALLY, the last we saw of a Home & Away actor was when one of the officers said "get this piece of shit out of here".
That will do wonders for his already delicate mental health, I'm sure.
Ant never disappoints me, the rest is just filler hahahah (why yes, I'm just that shallow to objectify him, bad bad me lol)

Will be interesting to see how the next UK series goes now they've replaced Ant. Personally it's a series I used to love but have found it a chore in the last couple of years of just being a series going through the same motions every year. Still has it's moments and I think it's a great show about mens mental especially but it's got a bit tired IMO, although still rates really well for C4.

EDIT: Just seen it returns next week.

Last edited:
Back