Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

I know I've not been a fan of Zeek, but I thought he was sensational tonight,
I actually thought "Affable is right, Zeek will win this".

I am so sad that he did not win. Thought he is amazing. I will definitely follow his musical journey however.

Absolutely, (The winner) has a great voice, but (they) won't connect with the music-buying public, and what a horrible song.

It is a horrible song. So boring. I was saying before that I think the winner will sell less than the other 3 in the final 4. Still stand by that comment.

😲 Whoever did Julie Goodwin's hair (as in Celebrity Name Game, tonight) Should be shot, It's terrible!

Ooooooo will 10 get and screen USA Love Island?

This looks excellent, starting tonight

Robbie by name, robbin’ by nature….

Robbie Hood is a charismatic, streetwise Indigenous kid who knows how to survive in the Alice. And he and his mates are a sheer joy to watch.

Although his mother passed away on Christmas Day, 14 year old Robbie (Pedrea Jackson) is left to fend for himself with his d***head white fella dad (Andy Golledge), his elderly grandmother (Audrey Martin) and best mates, the gangly perpeutally-hungry 16 year old Johnny (Levi Thomas) and tough-nut 13 year old ‘Blue’ (Jordan Johnson).

Unsupervised on the hot asphalt of the Alice, these three loiter from misadventure to misadventure, struggling to scrape enough cash together for a swim in the local pool, nicking BMX bikes or sneaking into a night at the local speedway.

Robbie also has his eye on local teenager Mim (Tiara Doolan), “The most beautiful coconut I’ve ever seen…. white on the inside, tough and black on the outside,” who happens to be the daughter of the local well-meaning copper Shane (Dan Falzon).

Bending the rules is ok when you have the heart of gold such as Robbie’s. Besides, the adults are almost universally inept anyway, including the earnest foster mother who makes Robbie mow dirt with a lawnmower, because he needs chores.

At the centre of this 6 x 10 min series is a director with a gifted eye in Dylan River (who co-wrote with Kodie Bedford), and a kid who underplays his performance with natural ease, in Pedrea Jackson. Together they bring out genuine humour and warmth that is uniquely Australian. The cinematography and a soundtrack with bluegrass / country help create a laid-back, magical story. If this were a feature, it would be charming arthouse audiences everywhere.

I binged all 6 episodes, smiling from beginning to end -whether at small moments like jumping on shadows to avoid the heat of the road, or at Robbie’s cheek in trying to order XXL condoms just to impress Mim.

More please.

Robbie Hood is now screening at SBS on Demand and airs all 6 episodes 9:35pm Tuesday at SBS VICELAND.

2019-07-06_1617.jpg

I was watching a repeat of An Idiot Abroad, the Mexico one, it is the funniest one.
So Carl does Mexican wrestling, making good comedy

Todd Sampson, does Mexican wrestling in his promo for his crap TV show.....
aha, say I ......
Todd = just another idiot OS,but not entertaining (I hate his show, but used to like him)

They really don't think these things through.
All they can think is "cast an international celebrity", regardless of whether they even understand Australian culture.
The Masked Singer depends on the judges trying to guess who is behind the mask.
Lindsay Lohan wouldn't even be able to name one z-grade Australian celebrity. "Wait, is it Chris Hemsworth? Is it Rolf Harris?"

They really don't think these things through.
All they can think is "cast an international celebrity", regardless of whether they even understand Australian culture.
The Masked Singer depends on the judges trying to guess who is behind the mask.
Lindsay Lohan wouldn't even be able to name one z-grade Australian celebrity. "Wait, is it Chris Hemsworth? Is it Rolf Harris?"

True.

When you said z grade, I thought maybe Ali can go on it? She wants to launch a singing career.

Is anyone else feeling underwhelmed by Handmaid's Tale this season? It's feeling a bit too slow burn and repetitive this season IMO. Perhaps they need to wrap it up next season.

Is anyone else feeling underwhelmed by Handmaid's Tale this season? It's feeling a bit too slow burn and repetitive this season IMO. Perhaps they need to wrap it up next season.

Yep, a couple of episode ago I thought maybe it was turning a corner but I can't even be bothered giving it my full attention anymore. Def think they need to wrap it up

Back