Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Nice that Judy McBurney from Prisoner got into the In Memorium.
I actually forgot that Penny Cook died.

Loved the Guy Sebastian. Jessica Mauboy and Delta Goodrem performances, nice to see some actual talented singers for once.

Loved that Wentworth won best drama.

Puzzled that Jenna Coleman was nominated in two categories despite not being Australian, but nice that she won anyway.

Great win for Australian Survivor, the best reality show of them all.

Last edited:
Did not watch but woohoo go Tom......and the TOM EFFECT........................................
He got the ABC/SBS/10 to clean sweep..........bringing loads of intelligent viewers to vote first time, genius TOM for PM he could be what we need
(my personal viewing is dominated by this trio, plus some trash in bed like Love Island)

The great Logies stitch up! Channel Nine and Seven fail to win ANY awards - as the ABC triumphs over commercial networks by scooping 11 gongs

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...-2019-Channel-Nine-Seven-fail-win-awards.html

Winners list here:
https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...s/news-story/fbb8206035e348cc3000e960a6e37de3

For once they got the eliminations on The Voice exactly right. The rapper with the original song was dire and the two girls were weak.

Kelly seemed shocked that she lost two, but she didn't choose well and that's what happens.

Diana, Chynna or Jack have to win.

For once they got the eliminations on The Voice exactly right. The rapper with the original song was dire and the two girls were weak.

Kelly seemed shocked that she lost two, but she didn't choose well and that's what happens.

Diana, Chynna or Jack have to win.

What?? Jack is weak.

I am Team Zeek.

SBS 32 ALL MOVIES 23 HOURS = brilliant, currently have a Euro trash film from 60s on mute.........the design and frockage impeccable
It looks like a bonkers movie

I wasn't particularly happy with it.
I keep forgetting that it's basically dominated by young people, so it isn't about the best singer but the most popular.
Diana should win, but probably won't.
I felt that Kelly was rigged into the finale so she wouldn't spit the dummy.

I wasn't particularly happy with it.
I keep forgetting that it's basically dominated by young people, so it isn't about the best singer but the most popular.
Diana should win, but probably won't.
I felt that Kelly was rigged into the finale so she wouldn't spit the dummy.

Kelly wasn't rigged into the finalce. Zeek is the best singer of them all.

Kelly wasn't rigged into the finalce. Zeek is the best singer of them all.

I like Zeek and think he deserves to be in the final 4, but I do think Kelly would have had a tantrum if he didn't. George would too (if he had no one).
Instead it was Guy who was left with no one, because they knew he could handle it.

Apart from Zeek, the other two young boys in the final 4 are just not that good, imo. Chynna, Jack and Sheldon were better vocally, and it's supposed to be about voice.
I'm not suggesting the Australian public is homophobic as I hope we're beyond that, but Sheldon and Jack may be a bit too 'out there' for teens and mums & dads, so they've gone for safe options.

Apart from Zeek, the other two young boys in the final 4 are just not that good, imo. Chynna, Jack and Sheldon were better vocally, and it's supposed to be about voice.
I'm not suggesting the Australian public is homophobic as I hope we're beyond that, but Sheldon and Jack may be a bit too 'out there' for teens and mums & dads, so they've gone for safe options.

I think the thing about Sheldon and Jack is that they have had their chance. I will not vote for someone who is an All Star or who won another competition and is looking to elevate their fame once again. They were over advertised which annoyed me (and I am guessing plenty of others). Plus, vocally they were not impressive to me.

As for Chyna - she was quite boring. It annoyed me how Guy favourited her because they were friends. Found her voice quite annoying as well (especially on the high notes). So would never vote for her as well.

I think the thing about Sheldon and Jack is that they have had their chance. I will not vote for someone who is an All Star or who won another competition and is looking to elevate their fame once again. They were over advertised which annoyed me (and I am guessing plenty of others). Plus, vocally they were not impressive to me.

As for Chyna - she was quite boring. It annoyed me how Guy favourited her because they were friends. Found her voice quite annoying as well (especially on the high notes). So would never vote for her as well.

I don't like the All-Star idea. Maybe for someone who had one bad performance and missed the top 24 or whatever and wanted to redeem themselves, but for someone like Sheldon who just wants to make the finale twice, or Lee Harding who had a number one hit, or Jack who won his show, it's just greedy, and a bit 'old news'.

Back