Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

she was going to a wedding,the producers like the drama on the block...although I do agree with you

Such inconsistent editing.
In the episode I watched tonight, Sara is threatening to leave, she's definitely going to leave to spend time with her daughter, no doubt about it. Next scene she's waking up for a new day and she's staying (of course).
Did the producers step in and wave her contract in her face?

Something beat the Block this week, forget was it Bachelor???

Bachelor is a ratings winner and woohoo everyone loves Gogglebox...

According to OzTAM figures, the season eight premiere drew an impressive 1.119 million viewers nationally.

Grant Denyer and Amanda Keller have been announced as the hosts of Dancing With The Stars' Channel Ten reboot.

Both alumnus of the Channel Seven version of the celebrity dance show, Grant, 40, and Amanda, 56, are ready for the role.

The Gold Logie winner told the publication: 'I can guarantee this will be a refreshed, glossier, sexier and more shiny version.'

Chris and Julia doing another Ant and Dec show. Channel ten announcements coming thick and fast now.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/julia-morris-chris-brown-sunday-night-takeaway-51096

Julia Morris and Dr Chris Brown have been announced as hosts of Network Ten's new live variety series Chris & Julia's Sunday Night Takeaway.

The new show is based on the hugely popular ITV UK format Saturday Night Takeaway, and is due to premiere on Ten in 2019.

Chris & Julia's Sunday Night Takeaway is described as a fast-paced, high energy live show, packed with outrageous fun, massive surprises, exciting challenges, celebrity guests and big entertainment values.

Audience members will be chosen at random to participate in challenges, and celebrity guests will be sure to find themselves in hilarious situations.

Reactions: kxk
WAGS show starts tonight......looks juicy, the UK version was very bitchy entertaining, good to attach it to Bachelor lead in

Playing For Keeps
'Series 1, Episode 1'
Ten, 8:45pm, Wed, 19 Sep 2018, 60 minutes
NEW SHOW
It takes more than extreme beauty and legs up to your armpits to make the grade as a WAG. It also takes the kind of gritty determination which knows how to use somebody else's closeted skeletons against them, and which refuses to balk at a little matter of murder.
Madeleine West, Cecelia Peters, Annie Maynard, Olympia Valance
Series, Australia, English, Drama, Entertainment

I have zero interest in this.................for you @Affable have you seen this????

Taylor Swift: The Road To Reputation
Eleven, 7:30pm, Fri, 28 Sep 2018, 65 minutes

Taylor Swift takes us on the journey of her phenomenal career and we also get a glimpse of her record breaking Road To Reputation Stadium Tour.

United States, English, Entertainment, Music

I have zero interest in this.................for you @Affable have you seen this????

Taylor Swift: The Road To Reputation
Eleven, 7:30pm, Fri, 28 Sep 2018, 65 minutes

Taylor Swift takes us on the journey of her phenomenal career and we also get a glimpse of her record breaking Road To Reputation Stadium Tour.

United States, English, Entertainment, Music

Wasn't aware this was on. Might watch in a few minutes.. Never seen it.

Reactions: kxk
Julia's new show starts tonight....

Blind Date
Ten, 7:30pm, Mon, 15 Oct 2018, 70 minutes
NEW SHOW
An Aussie single has to weigh the calibre of answers to three questions given by three unseen suitors hoping to be chosen as the blind date on an all expenses paid romantic getaway, however when they return they'll have to spill the beans on what really happened during their vacation with a perfect stranger, and it won't always be pretty!

...I taped and have just watched a two part episode of the Doug Anthony All Stars story and even though Tim Ferguson is confined to a wheelchair with multiple sclerosis they have reformed the group (minus Richard Fidler who was replaced by Paul ‘Flacco’ Livingstone)... what a great inspirational story it is... it was a really moving Documentary for me... you can see so much love like bonded brothers between Paul McDermott and Tim Ferguson... it really is amazing to watch them on stage with Paul taking the piss out of Tim in the wheelchair and being so mean to him in such an irreverent way as they always have done with everything else lol!...

...of course the jokes are in bad taste at times but they do work because of them being delivered by the boys... yes... they are funny regardless... but the best part of the Doco for me was watching how Paul talks directly to the camera on how it affects him to see Tim with his condition... it really left lumps in my throat at times... the bond between the guys is immense... do yourself a favour and watch the two episodes... you won't be sorry that you did... even if you were never a fan of them before it's a great Doco regardless methinks!... you can find the episodes on this link below... cheers.

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/tick-f-ing-tock

I will be watching Insight tonight. It is about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I’ve had this since 1989. Mostly under control now but not always. A bout of Influenza B and Pneumonia last year saw it raise its ugly head again. I am well enough that I can function when I should but I only get one day a week off. Today is that day. It is now 5pm and I’m yet to get out of bed except for the loo. My husband has been bringing me food and drinks. I will be fine for work tomorrow- and Wednesday is always a full on day.

...I taped and have just watched a two part episode of the Doug Anthony All Stars story and even though Tim Ferguson is confined to a wheelchair with multiple sclerosis they have reformed the group (minus Richard Fidler who was replaced by Paul ‘Flacco’ Livingstone)... what a great inspirational story it is... it was a really moving Documentary for me... you can see so much love like bonded brothers between Paul McDermott and Tim Ferguson... it really is amazing to watch them on stage with Paul taking the piss out of Tim in the wheelchair and being so mean to him in such an irreverent way as they always have done with everything else lol!...

...of course the jokes are in bad taste at times but they do work because of them being delivered by the boys... yes... they are funny regardless... but the best part of the Doco for me was watching how Paul talks directly to the camera on how it affects him to see Tim with his condition... it really left lumps in my throat at times... the bond between the guys is immense... do yourself a favour and watch the two episodes... you won't be sorry that you did... even if you were never a fan of them before it's a great Doco regardless methinks!... you can find the episodes on this link below... cheers.

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/tick-f-ing-tock

Cheers for the review, I’ve been meaning to watch that.

lol
Will be fun to see how they trash the great format, the only successful transplant I have ever seen Americans steal is The Office
And that is due to Ricky keeping some say and the fine actors

They will struggle with this format, the most fun is our sarcasm and irony, not something Americans have a natural talent for.

Interested to see what they come up with.......and yes Pang is an original, the 3 anchors Tom,Sam, and the other guy I always forget his name have roles.....and all of our comics rib each other without a lot of ego....is that possible in USA???

Yeah, remember they tried to do another Working Dog show, Thank God You’re Here and that bombed quickly in the US.

It’s true the best parts of the show when they start having a crack at each other.

Back