Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

This has to be a joke right?

Nine will pit contestants from The Block against contestants from House Rules in a new renovation series, Renovation Rumble in 2015.
The series, to be produced by Julian Cress and David Barbour, is one of two new formats on Nine’s 2015 schedule.

Seven CEO Tim Worner revealed the show at the Screen Forever conference in Melbourne today.

2015 will be a big year of renovation on Free to Air TV including 2 x House Rules, 2 x The Block and Restaurant Revolution.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/11/renovation-rumble-reality-coming-to-nine-in-2015.html

So that is 6 different renovating shows next year. I really hope that they all kill each others ratings, kind of like this year with the overkill of Talent shows....

2015 the year of 6 reno shows and NO BB..... smh.
This is so weird. Why do they want to promote House Rules?

This is excellent, a nice 3 part Brit bit of extended jane austen

Death Comes To Pemberley

'Part 1'

ABC, 8:30pm, Fri, 28 Nov 2014, 60 minutes

NEW SHOW

Elizabeth and Darcy, now six years married, are preparing for their annual ball at Pemberley. The peace is broken when an unexpected guest brings news of a murder.

Anna Maxwell Martin, Matthew Rhys, Jenna Coleman, Matthew Goode, Trevor Eve, Penelope Keith, Tom Ward, Eleanor Tomlinson

Series, United Kingdom, English, Drama, Myster

Here, is a bit more info, new show, 3 parts, sounds good:)

Death Comes to Pemberley is a three-part British television drama based on the best-selling P.D. James novel of the same name, a murder mystery continuation of the events of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice incorporating the same characters. Wikipedia

This looks interesting

Russell Brand: From Addiction To Recovery

ABC2, 10:55pm, Sun, 30 Nov 2014, 60 minutes

REPEAT

Ten years ago Russell Brand was addicted to heroin, his career was unravelling and he was told he may only have six months to live. In this documentary in his own inimitable style Brand challenges conventional theory and practice as well as government policy, confronting the reality of addiction head on.

2012, United Kingdom, English, Documentary, Biography

Quick recommendation: Black Comedy, ABC1, Wednesdays 9:35pm. Helluva crackup. It's a new comedy series, Koori/Murri writers, performers with very Indigenous humour.

Another cooking show is coming to The Copy Cat Nine Network..... Possibly.

Rumour: “MKR with restaurants” coming to Nine
By David Knox on December 18, 2014 / Filed Under News 15
Knives at the ready…. the Nine Network looks set to get into the TV food game once again, with multiple sources indicating to TV Tonight that it has a new reality format on the way in 2015.

The unnamed project from Endemol Australia, being whispered about as the “MKR of restaurants,” is rumoured to see teams travelling the country to dine in and score each others’ restaurants.

That could see it as a spoiler against Seven’s Restaurant Revolution, which reworks the network’s former My Restaurant Rules -which itself led to My Kitchen Rules.

Nine last had a tilt at a local food contest with The Great Australian Bake-Off in 2013, a local adaptation of the highly-successful UK series, and has previously dabbled with The Chopping Block from The Block producers Julian Cress and David Barbour.

Nine is still to reveal some of its key titles for 2015, after deciding against the traditional Upfronts this season. It is also expected to confirm a revival of Renovation Rumble pitting House Ruleswinners against The Block chamos.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/12/rumour-mkr-with-restaurants-coming-to-nine.html

Does not leave much room for Big Brother... So 100,000 2 seasons of The Block, Renovation Rumble, The Voice.... YAWN...

Quick recommendation: Black Comedy, ABC1, Wednesdays 9:35pm. Helluva crackup. It's a new comedy series, Koori/Murri writers, performers with very Indigenous humour.

I loved this series. So disappointed it's finished.

"What's this then slut?" :hilarious:

Last edited:
12 Monkeys is a really good film. Probably Brad Pitt's best performance, and I think that Bruce Willis is pretty good as well.

Yes, it's one of my favourites. They seem to have diverged from it substantially though, even after 4 episodes. I couldn't say if seeing the movie would spoil the plot at all at this point.

I half suspect the reason they gender flipped Jeffrey/Jennifer Goines was that anyone else cast as Jeffrey couldn't possible live up to Brad Pitt's performance.

OMFG!

Happy Endings might be coming back? I would praise every deity on earth if it does.

OMFG.

If it's ever going to happen, now is the time.

Eliza Coupe's show Benched was cancelled, Adam Pally has left The Mindy Project, Damon Wayans, Jr is leaving New Girl at the end of the season and Casey Wilson's Marry Me is almost guaranteed to be cancelled. Plus Elisha Cuthbert's show One Big Happy and Zach Knighton's show Weird Loners have almost no chance of succeeding as they both only have seven episodes in their first seasons - in the USA, in the last ten years only four shows have got a second season with so few episodes in it's first season while 30+ have been outright cancelled (the last show to pull of this feat was back in 2009 too).

On the flipside though, it's counting down to April Fools Day...

Another thing that gives the Happy Endings revival a chance: in December 2014 Vulture reported that the set for the show still existed and hadn't been torn down - which was extremely odd as filming ended in March 2013.

Marry Me brought back writers, guest actors and dozens of crew from Happy Endings. "[Casey] goes over there with old scripts," says Marino, pointing to the old Happy Endings set, just a few hundred yards away. "​

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/marry-me-art-imitates-life-754894

...I've been watching 'The Royal Bodyguard' starring David Jason on Foxtel... the show has had really bad reviews and has been slammed by his fans... I love it!... he's like an 'Inspector Clousseau' type of fumbling stumbling bodyguard to the Queen... I find it to be hilarious regardless of all of it's critical reviews... has anyone else watched it?... if so... what do you think of it?... cheers.

Back