Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

One of my colleagues started talking about Unbreakable today and I literally had to leave the room. The 24th of March is like 2 weeks away. Arrrghhh!

Netflix posted the "raw" interview video that exists in the Unbreakable universe that was used to create the viral video (that is also the theme song). Watch until the end when you find out the context he said 'Unbreakable' which is used as the main part of the theme for the show. LOL.

I've been watching Mad Men lately... just caught up on all that is available and how this show has won so many Emmy's is beyond me. It's basically a glorified soap... having said that I did enjoy the show...
BUT...

Don Draper is a horrible human being!!! OMG I get cheating on Betty(so happy the writers made her fat LOL), she is a mega bitch, but Megan is one of my favourite characters. Every time there was a scene with Don in bed with another women doing the pillow talk I wanted to vomit, I had no interest in what that cheating son of a bitch had to say.
Peggy I liked, obviously she was the character that the audience would relate to the most in that first season, being the new girl and all. Over the seasons some... or all her romantic choices were horrible... DUCK? OMG come on!
Roger really made the show for me, the actor who plays him has great timing. When he got high on LSD it was hilarious, loved the bit where he opened the bottle of vodka and music would play, brilliant! I'm really looking for to the final episodes.

Vikings this season has not been that great, I'm only 2 episodes in... I'm not feeling it. It looks like the writers are going down the magic/supernatural route. In the first 2 season there were some supernatural elements, but not like it was in this last episode I watched. Tho I am happy to see Kevin Duran show up... Loved him in lost.

I love the IT Crowd @Inigo Montoya

giphy.gif

Classic Eastenders moment! Dirty Den Watts serves his wife Angie with divorce powers. Watched by over 30 million people!

Been watching The Bill lately.

"Pew pew pew! Hands in the air, criminal scum."

"I want a solicitor"

"Shut up you toe-rag!"

"Morning, Guvnor!"

"Wheee-oooooo wheee-oooooooooo wheeee-oooooooooo."

Honestly, reepbot, you could earn a living as a critic. That review was brilliant! :)

Netflix posted the "raw" interview video that exists in the Unbreakable universe that was used to create the viral video (that is also the theme song). Watch until the end when you find out the context he said 'Unbreakable' which is used as the main part of the theme for the show. LOL.

So surprise, surprise, I ended up binge watching it. I loved it. Kinda felt like I was getting my The Office fix and 30 Rock fix at the same time. Tina Fey is a genius. And now Mindy Kaling and Ellie Kemper are bantering on Social Media and I love it. And Amy Poehler's Smart Girls is killing it. Love, love, love these girls.

I like the episode in the IT crowd where Roy gets involved in a misunderstanding and Moss does something strange and quirky.

I like the episode in the IT crowd where Roy gets involved in a misunderstanding and Moss does something strange and quirky.

I like the episode of The Bill when I didn't fall asleep in the first 5 minutes.

That reminds me I've got the boxset that's been sitting here since Christmas which I need to make a start on. Never really watched it in full but watched the odd one here and there and really enjoyed it.

I also forgot:

'Just got word from my snout, Guvnor. Jimmy 'Jim-Jim' Jim-Bob is planning an armed blag of the local pub.'

'Drink are on me, everyone!'

'Suspect with blue hat running very fast, over.'

"He's havin' it away on his toes!"

That's my favourite. And 'The little toerag!" Haven't watched it in years. Thanks for your collection of good memories. It turned into a right old soap last time I looked.

Back