Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

i tried it again, i did have to play with it, and that included 'x'ing out and selecting link again - when i did that i got street view and google map still had messages saying too close to show you aerial.

i also noticed that the box 'street' or 'street view' is highlighted as well as the 'satelite (?)' box. - did you get these ?? - did you notice the little man as well ??

Yes, to all of the above. :)

No, it means everything you got, I got too (or didn't, as the case may be).

:( i tried it again and can't get the street veiw, but i did before
d010.gif
mia broke the intenet :(

I have a question - several actually:

Who is the person who came up with the idea of Taken Out?
Why are they (still) employed in television and not collecting the dole, or preferably dust?
What on earth gave them the idea that the format was more interesting that, say, the director's cut of world championship chartered accountacy?
Who the hell watches this stuff?*

*well, me actually, since I just sat through ten minutes of it, mostly in stunned bewilderment...

LOL the person who made Taken Out probably thought The Wedge was a comedy classic too., and prolly helped make that show as well.

I've got a few

Did Giligan and Co. ever get off the island? I know they made a movie of that but they got stranded again, on the SAME island . Poor sods. Where did Ginger and Maryanne get all their clothes from? They never seemed to run out of stuff?

Did the Fonz ever get done for underage sex? There must have been a few teenage girls he rooted? And speaking of which where did Jenny Picolo go? Was she supposed to be a slut?

And the poor Robinson family stranded on the junk planet with their food running short. We never got to see the show where they all died. They should have fried the bloop.

Did Mork Do Mindy?

I've got a few

Did Giligan and Co. ever get off the island? I know they made a movie of that but they got stranded again, on the SAME island . Poor sods. Where did Ginger and Maryanne get all their clothes from? They never seemed to run out of stuff?

Did the Fonz ever get done for underage sex? There must have been a few teenage girls he rooted? And speaking of which where did Jenny Picolo go? Was she supposed to be a slut?

And the poor Robinson family stranded on the junk planet with their food running short. We never got to see the show where they all died. They should have fried the bloop.

Did Mork Do Mindy?

Mork and Mindy had a baby, from bad memory - it came out of an egg and was born old then get young.

ok got some more specific info on the house show - yay!!

The show aried in 2000 and was called Dream Home and hosted by Marie Patane link http://www.memorabletv.com/australia/tvad2.htm

I had trouble too with the google mapping, when I tried the link it worked the first time and then it wouldn't load, very annoying. You should be able to do it "manually" by looking up Dream Place, Melton South and looking for the two weather board homes side by side - one is white with screens and a red roof, the other is blue.

For me personally I'm don't see anything familiar yet hubby reckons they definitely look like the houses as he remembers. We got lucky a guy at H's work says he knew the winners of the series - hence how we found the name of the show.

ok got some more specific info on the house show - yay!!

The show aried in 2000 and was called Dream Home and hosted by Marie Patane link http://www.memorabletv.com/australia/tvad2.htm

I had trouble too with the google mapping, when I tried the link it worked the first time and then it wouldn't load, very annoying. You should be able to do it "manually" by looking up Dream Place, Melton South and looking for the two weather board homes side by side - one is white with screens and a red roof, the other is blue.

For me personally I'm don't see anything familiar yet hubby reckons they definitely look like the houses as he remembers. We got lucky a guy at H's work says he knew the winners of the series - hence how we found the name of the show.

Nice detective work there, josephine!

Oh, poo! Rhonda Burchmore is on Spicks and Specks tonight. Geez, they must be hard up for guests.:rolleyes:

Oi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's with all the hate for Rhonda? "sad face"

Starlet calls her a slut, and everyone else doesn't like her :)

There's no evidence she's a slut, not that I care :D

And people here hating Marina Prior geez.

I don't hate either, but find them both cheesey/dorky and i dislike their voices, rhonda has a gargling sound.
I saw her do our local carols, 12 year old boys all side stage trying to see up her wind challenged split revealing skirt.

Anyone watch Theroux and the natzis last night? I fell asleep after a bit, but very disturbing, good luck Obama - I fear one of those freaks may try and shoot you.

I don't hate either, but find them both cheesey/dorky and i dislike their voices, rhonda has a gargling sound.
I saw her do our local carols, 12 year old boys all side stage trying to see up her wind challenged split revealing skirt.

Anyone watch Theroux and the natzis last night? I fell asleep after a bit, but very disturbing, good luck Obama - I fear one of those freaks may try and shoot you.

I did........ The only thing I can think of is why do people think the Nazi way is the best way.?

And poor white people let's call them trailer trash become skinheads and associate with Nazi stuff... Why?

Anyone know where you can find out the guest list for Letterman, what show Oz is up to?

Is monday night usually a repeat or is it friday night's show we see then, I can't remember and I really want to see Tina Fey, think I have missed the McCain appearance.

Anyone know where you can find out the guest list for Letterman, what show Oz is up to?

Is monday night usually a repeat or is it friday night's show we see then, I can't remember and I really want to see Tina Fey, think I have missed the McCain appearance.

Late Night Lineups is an Australian blog (I think the dates provided seem to be the US airdates though. I'm not a regular letterman viewer, so I can't swear to this, but I think we get the previous day's show i.e. Monday we get the previous Friday (US) show, Tuesday we see Monday(US) etc.). You can get RSS feed for guest line ups for each night, or just peruse the line ups on the blog itself.
So, I'm guessing the Tina Fey episode will air tonight as she was on last Friday.
You can view highlights from the show (including Tina) on Dave TV on The Late Show OS.

Thanks MJ, I am a bit obssessed with Tina Fey and really missing 30Rock, in fact most of my current obssessions are off air and I'm starved - no james spader, no tennant, no tina, no weirdo stuff like flight of the choncordes or mighty boosh.

Back