Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Enjoying the divine Sunday nights on SBS, the Shakespeare history plays, ALL OF THEM!

Anyone else watching???

Series 1, ended last Sunday, Henry V.
Series 2. Henry VI, part I. Starts tomorrow night, Wednesday, continues Sunday, then the next week is Richard III.
Ending this lush, fantastic BBC production on - A horse, a horse my kingdom for a horse....

The Hollow Crown

'Henry VI Part 1 - France And Rebellion'

SBS, 11:50pm, Wed, 7 Dec 2016, 125 minutes

The King is dead and England is in crisis. War rages with the French and divisions with the English court threaten the crown. Young Henry VI (Tom Sturridge) causes outrage by marrying Margaret of Anjou (Sophie Okonedo), forcing an unwanted truce; the scene is set for Civil War.

Tom Sturridge, Sophie Okonedo (she looks amazing, and has been lauded for her fierce portrayal )

Series, United Kingdom, English, Drama, Biography, Historical

Watched 11.22.63. based on a Stephen King novel about a guy who goes back in time to stop the Kennedy assassination.

It was ok but i felt it kind of dragged a bit.

Vikings last series, ABC is repeating, before the new series starts

SBS, 8:30pm, Sat, 7 Jan 2017, - 4.05am Sunday, 10 episodes
Hot tonight, might need all night TV in Melbourne

Then 2 new episodes on Wednesday night

New season of VIKINGS starts tonight, double 8.30pm-10.30pm, repeated saturday night.
Ragnar is back, hmmmm

And it looks like somewhere in this new season Lagertha may get some revenge on the bitch queen :):):)
I seriously watched the marathon last week to catch up, all HOT night long, great stuff for a night too hot to sleep, but weary

Ah, was going to post something in response to "poor" Ragnar, then I realised it could be a spoiler for some. This show just keeps powering on!

Don't you love it @Tuttle, I love everything about this show so much.
The Floki/Ragnar stuff was so awesome.

and bring on the day of Laegertha, god I love her.
Boneless is pretty damn good

Actually, Floki I sit on the fence with, perhaps too stuck with the old ways (great acting though!) Basically, every character relevent to the story and so interesting with their reactions.
Been team Lagertha from the start, always hated the homewrecker! LOL
Ivar is terrifying! Played so well.

Reactions: kxk
Actually, Floki I sit on the fence with, perhaps too stuck with the old ways (great acting though!) Basically, every character relevent to the story and so interesting with their reactions.
Been team Lagertha from the start, always hated the homewrecker! LOL
Ivar is terrifying! Played so well.

Yeah the evil queen, will be good to see her demoted, bitch she is.
Floki, amazing actor, and yeah I don't agree with his ways, but the love was gorgeous closure.
Ragnar is on a suicide mission, this Aussie actor has been astoundingly good, I wonder what he is up to next.

Did you watch the real vikings history specials? With some of the actors involved, Laegertha was so fun, so thrilled to find evidence of the warrior shield maidens.

Back