Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Just when I thought I'd seen everything reality TV had to offer Sky 1 here in the UK have debuted a series tonight in which they take 12 contestants from homeless shelters across the country with the ambition of training them to fly a plane.

Oh, and did I mention all the contestants are dogs.
#DogsMightFly

Aren't they gorgeous:)

And hot damn this finale is exciting, and can't be resolved in a matter of minutes surely, so what next?
I have taped last night's finale, so I will watch it either tonight or tomorrow. I am so looking forward to it.

There better be more X-files or my glomesh purse will be hitting the carpet BIG TIME. :rage:

:blackalien: The truth has still got to be out there:greyalien:.

:blackalien: The truth has still got to be out there:greyalien:.
Yep, the truth is out there and after this mini season it's now crystal clear.

Chris Carter should hand the X Files over to someone else, My Struggle Part 1 was a disaster, felt very rushed and not offence to Joel Mchale, but his character was miscast. Might have been better if he was left out of the show altogether.
Darian Morgan needs to write more episodes in the next season if there is one.

I know this season rated very highly in the US and Fox is I'm sure desperate for more of those numbers. X Files should come back next year. 10 episodes season would be ideal, and with a competent showerunner, and a passionate team of writers season 11 could be amazing television. I wonder if Vince Gillian would be interested in writing an episode or two.

Having said all of that, it was nice to see Scully and Mulder together again.

Yep, the truth is out there and after this mini season it's now crystal clear.

Chris Carter should hand the X Files over to someone else, My Struggle Part 1 was a disaster, felt very rushed and not offence to Joel Mchale, but his character was miscast. Might have been better if he was left out of the show altogether.
Darian Morgan needs to write more episodes in the next season if there is one.

I know this season rated very highly in the US and Fox is I'm sure desperate for more of those numbers. X Files should come back next year. 10 episodes season would be ideal, and with a competent showerunner, and a passionate team of writers season 11 could be amazing television. I wonder if Vince Gillian would be interested in writing an episode or two.

Having said all of that, it was nice to see Scully and Mulder together again.

Great post Vol…. oops, “You know who”?;)

I really like what you have said and agree 100%. Seeing Mulder and Scully together again was such a blast for me.

Lol, Agent Miller and Agent Einstein (still can't stop laughing at that name) just don't have the chemistry Mulder and Scully do, so I hope they don't turn up in the next season should there be one.

Oh, welcome to the forum by the way :biggrin:

Great post Vol…. oops, “You know who”?;)

I really like what you have said and agree 100%. Seeing Mulder and Scully together again was such a blast for me.

Lol, Agent Miller and Agent Einstein (still can't stop laughing at that name) just don't have the chemistry Mulder and Scully do, so I hope they don't turn up in the next season should there be one.

Oh, welcome to the forum by the way :biggrin:
Thank you Groover for the welcome.

I think Chris Charters writing style is not relevant in 2016, sure it worker in the 90s, but television has gotten so good since then and audiences expect so much more these days.

I don't care - I just love them together again, and it all entertained me.

And, at the moment I can't help myself, I keep imagining with that final scene, they look up and the TARDIS appears.
The Doctor is here to answer all your alien questions.

Somebody should do this for a comedy skit, that children in need thing they do every year:)

Just when I thought I'd seen everything reality TV had to offer Sky 1 here in the UK have debuted a series tonight in which they take 12 contestants from homeless shelters across the country with the ambition of training them to fly a plane.

Oh, and did I mention all the contestants are dogs.
#DogsMightFly

But.... do the homeless dogs even WANT to fly? I don't think dogs in general have any Ambition to fly... so, it's just never gonna work. IMO. They've got to want it.

Tonight this looks interesting, weird how he was shot, behind the scenes stuff about couture I love.

House Of Versace

TEN HD, 11:10pm, Sat, 5 Mar 2016, 110 minutes
A powerful girl since the day she was born, nothing would prepare Donatella for the shocking tragedy of her brother's death in 1997 and the days that followed. Discover the story - the legend that is Italian fashion icon Donatella Versace.

Directed by Sara Sugarman. Gina Gershon, Enrico Colantoni, Colm Feore, Donna Murphy, Alex Carter, Raquel Welch

2013, United States, English, Documentary, Biography

This is on now and worth catching up on, it is awesome. This brilliant Dutch lady goes to UK to teach sex ed.
Sex In Class

9Life, 10:30pm, Mon, 7 Mar 2016, 60 minutes

ON NOW REPEAT

Practical sex education by Belgian educator Goedele Liekens, who takes the angst out of sex and replaces it with much healthier attitudes among fifteen and sixteen year old students.

Goedele Liekens

United Kingdom, English, Documentary, Educatio

Anyone just watch Seven Year Switch? There is going to be some major dramz you can tell already. You have to wonder how some of these people even got together in the first place, they seem so incompatible. The fitness trainers have nothing in common apart from being fitness trainers. Watch this show and you'd basically assume that having kids is a relationship killer.

Anyone just watch Seven Year Switch? There is going to be some major dramz you can tell already. You have to wonder how some of these people even got together in the first place, they seem so incompatible. The fitness trainers have nothing in common apart from being fitness trainers. Watch this show and you'd basically assume that having kids is a relationship killer.

It is a very interesting show!

I did, interesting viewing if not a tiny bit depressing. Why would anyone go on this show?? So it's just Wife Swap on steroids, but all they do is go on a holiday for 2 weeks with a stranger, it would be better if one half of the couple got to actually stay in their own home at least.

My prediction is that the parents will work things out and the other 2 will not. If you have postponed your wedding and are now on this show then it's not looking good, but considering that the fitness guy flinches when she kisses him and has said I love you just once in a text message then I have my doubts. I'm no expert but I feel like yielding a knife and saying "say you love me c****" is possibly not good?

Catch up TV - Long Lost Family - Tear Jerker

Least they get to reconnect, and all xxxxxx

...and then the show abandons them to their fates...

Having milked it for all its worth, the people are now left to catch up and mend things on their own. There are reasons why the relationship broke down and these mental scars haven't gone away just because they were on TV for 15 minutes.

To me this show owes them years of psychological relationship counselling after the show goes on air.

Its just wrong how this show exploits these people.

I'm sure there is suitable follow up but quite right the TV shows end with the happy reunion rather than prying into the personal conversations which follow.

Back