Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Good grief! I just watched 10 minutes of A Current Affair because of a gross error in judgement. I will never get those brain cells back, will I? I think I'll have to sue.

Reactions: kxk
Looking forward to this...

Black Mirror, Channel 4's Emmy-winning 'Twilight Zone for the modern age', returns in the form of a feature-length film for Christmas. Three interwoven stories of Yuletide techno-paranoia collide in the most chilling and mind-bending Black Mirror yet.
Creator Charlie Brooker said: "I always enjoy a good ghost story at Christmas, and I'm a sucker for the Amicus’ compendium horror movies of the 70s. Our aim is to create the Black Mirror equivalent of that."

Black Mirror is an anthology series which taps into our contemporary unease about the modern world. Its stand-alone dramas are sharp, suspenseful, satirical tales with a techno-paranoia bent – all audacious ‘What if’ stories.

Black Mirror is produced by Barney Reisz and executive produced by Charlie Brooker and Annabel Jones through their new production company, House of Tomorrow. The Christmas special was commissioned by Rachel Springett for Channel 4.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/...l?hootPostID=c9b80e77a17b8cd0326997b45641e900

I posted this in the news thread, some posters never go there so here it is again, TV news -

OK people it is time to protest against the 2 big TV stations 7 & 9 are evil bastards, turn them off for a week - especially anyone with rating boxes...

Are you ready to sit through even MORE ads? Commercial TV stations want an extra SEVEN minutes per hour
  • The code of practice only allows for 13 minutes of 'non-program matter' each hour
  • Seven and Nine are arguing for the maximum to be relaxed to 20 minutes
  • Channel 10 has so far opposed the regulation change

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-extra-SEVEN-minutes-hour.html#ixzz3BMxF9LeF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So, please take this quote to any forums, social media etc you have going/participate in.

What they want is unbearable, advertising should be minimised not extended the fools - charge more and make it more interesting and limit it, you will get more viewers.
As it is - adds are so long I often forget what I was watching, and very often wind up wandering away or switching to something else.
Do our TV station minows here understand they are simply feeding and promoting the boxset mindset and market.

Fuck you 9 & 7

Looks like Fitzy is on reality check tonight.... and looks like there will be some talk about BB....

Analyse one of Big Brothers best scenes during The Big Moment;

Looks like Fitzy is on reality check tonight.... and looks like there will be some talk about BB....

Analyse one of Big Brothers best scenes during The Big Moment;
Yeah Fitzy was on, they had Marion Farrelly back on again and they discussed the Merlin incident, a bit of discussion of what the producers were thinking.

Marion has been on every Reality Check so far, I'm hoping she will be on in 2 weeks to discuss this year's series.

Chaser team targets Media Circus
By David Knox on September 14, 2014 / Filed Under News 0

A new series from the Chaser team will launch on ABC in mid-October.

Media Circus is a mix of media satire and party games, with two teams featuring Chaser boys and young talent they have been mentoring.

It will be hosted by Craig Reucassel, with Chas Licciardello as his sidekick, according to a News Corp story.

Originally set as 10 episodes under the working title of We’ll Have to Leave it There, it’s now set for 8 episodes from October 15, aptly on air during the G20 summit.

Executive producer Julian Morrow said the show will poke more fun at its “media comrades because we have a history of hurting the people we love”.
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/09/chaser-team-targets-media-circus.html

@Straight Edge Society I know you like the chaser. I think this show has a lot of potential, what do you think?

Chaser team targets Media Circus
By David Knox on September 14, 2014 / Filed Under News 0

A new series from the Chaser team will launch on ABC in mid-October.

Media Circus is a mix of media satire and party games, with two teams featuring Chaser boys and young talent they have been mentoring.

It will be hosted by Craig Reucassel, with Chas Licciardello as his sidekick, according to a News Corp story.

Originally set as 10 episodes under the working title of We’ll Have to Leave it There, it’s now set for 8 episodes from October 15, aptly on air during the G20 summit.

Executive producer Julian Morrow said the show will poke more fun at its “media comrades because we have a history of hurting the people we love”.
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/09/chaser-team-targets-media-circus.html

@Straight Edge Society I know you like the chaser. I think this show has a lot of potential, what do you think?

I'll be interested to see how it goes. I am not a 100% on what its going to be, but I'll give it a chance. I didn't really get a chance to watch their Hamster stuff, so the only thing I have seen since the War on Everything was Craig doing Balls of Steel.

Anyone know when we are getting Downton Abbey back?
We are 2 seasons behind for goodness sakes 7, get your shit together.

Vince Vaughan for True Detective? I'm filing that under "brave".

And the U.S. new season shows are coming in thank goodness. It's been slim pickins.

There was a show on ABC on a Saturday night I really like no ads did anyone watch it God Of Wheat Street? I miss it greatly

Back