Skip to main content

The Circle - Series 2

Would would you prefer on Aussie TV next year?

• The Circle Australia

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Big Brother Australia

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
Delaying the showing of the meeting of the eliminated player just so that Emma Willis could announce it seemed to be done to give her more importance. And the live show itself wasn't very live as far as The Circle went, I'm pretty sure she said right at the start she knew who had gone. I do feel they set up the audience vote to have a determined result, she was always getting in anyway, so that part seemed a waste of time.

The actual content within The Circle was ok. I wish they'd just done a normal episode and then elimination interviews after it. Trying to mix in the presenter is what other shows like Big Brother have done but it really isn't needed, the contestants should really be the focus.

I'm not saying Emelle wasn't nice or stable, just that there didn't seem much to her, or she couldn't really communicate that well.

^^ agree 100%, @starry. A regular show followed by a live unroll would have worked better.

And the second person blocked, also fine by me. I want "Jay" to go next, that woman just annoys me.

Agree with you all on the live show - should be an after show. Both blocked players fall in the nice but not much to offer category, but overall you can generally get behind most players - and a likeable, and more importantly relatable, cast is a watchable cast and drama, even in isolation, will come naturally out of situations rather than trying to manufacture conflict.

Emma Willis though is inevitably inviting not particularly favourable comparisons to Big Brother - even though she is one of the most competent presenters around I really do think it was a mistake to sign her. Even Rylan would have been less of a problem despite being on a one man mission to revive BBUK.

Overall though having only watched a few eps last year this is a series I feel like I can commit too.

I really like this show ,first time watching.While I like Emma,why do they insist on bringing guests that were either on BBUK or BBOTS...we want to see new people.

Tim is my favorite at the moment and I want Jay's mom to be blocked

I guess Emma forgot that she wasn't presenting Big Brother during the live show - at one point she referred to the building/Circle/whatever as "the house".

So if they don't block Judy? what happens then...does Richard Madely stay until next blocking? This is Tim's chance to get rid of #Jaysmum #toomanyhashtags

So if they don't block Judy? what happens then...does Richard Madely stay until next blocking? This is Tim's chance to get rid of #Jaysmum #toomanyhashtags

I’m certain he’s leaving regardless... He’s just losing the ability to give immunity to someone before he leaves. They’ve been very clear that his time in The Circle is limited. My biggest question is whether a player will be blocked along side him.

I’m hoping something slips Jay/Katie up... Kind of annoyed that Tim is the only one who has any serious doubts right now.

Also how brutal was last nights cliff hanger? I hate having to watch at TV speed. Especially considering I had issues sourcing the episode last night and was 4 hours late in uploading it to YouTube. I also have an agreement now with my neighbour that we are watching the episodes together and I’m home much earlier than she is...

That cliffhanger was soooooo annoying.I hope James/Sammie gets caught out too...he annoys me,not sure why. Maybe the new girl Ella will catch on
to him.Tim looks like Robin Williams.

Sammie isn't that popular, but I like that he's managed to fool so many and is serious about the game. Jay is definitely doing a much worse job, but she's an ally of Sammie so I want her to stay. The cliffhanger was ridiculous, they should only do that on the meetings and not eliminations. The first two eliminations have been made quite obvious leading up to it, I'm hoping that isn't the case this time.

Tim is extremely popular and Georgina has some popularity. Tim is entertaining but it does feel like he is playing up his character at times too. Georgina is more interesting beyond the disease storyline (and the not so subtle piano music that plays behind it), it wouldn't surprise me if she blew up at some point.

We do need the twists like Judy's secret mission to stir things up in there, and you do find that the new ones who enter have that purpose. Everyone knows they aren't likely to last that long anyway, so they are more there to challenge the originals in some way.

Sammie isn't that popular, but I like that he's managed to fool so many and is serious about the game. Jay is definitely doing a much worse job, but she's an ally of Sammie so I want her to stay. The cliffhanger was ridiculous, they should only do that on the meetings and not eliminations. The first two eliminations have been made quite obvious leading up to it, I'm hoping that isn't the case this time.

Tim is extremely popular and Georgina has some popularity. Tim is entertaining but it does feel like he is playing up his character at times too. Georgina is more interesting beyond the disease storyline (and the not so subtle piano music that plays behind it), it wouldn't surprise me if she blew up at some point.

We do need the twists like Judy's secret mission to stir things up in there, and you do find that the new ones who enter have that purpose. Everyone knows they aren't likely to last that long anyway, so they are more there to challenge the originals in some way.

I think Sammie will be similar to Kate/Alex from series one... They’ll never be quite sure whether they’re genuine or not and will likely float near the middle of future ratings as a result. He’s got a friend in Tim and that’s likely to carry him through unless some major happens in terms of shaking up strategy.

I think you’re right about Tim... He knows how to work the audience to his favour. That said he’s not disingenuous about it or cocky about it... Yet. He’s by far my favourite this series and that’s not likely to change.

Georgina is surprising... I’m liking her more and more every day. Unless she has a major meltdown in future ratings she’s likely to be this years Sian. I foresee at least one more high ranking in her future.

I’d be happy without a twist for the rest of the series. I think production should practice some restraint if they want the series to last. Pulling out too many stops this early limits future series too much. I’d hate to see them fall in to creative stagnation the same way BB did over the years. In terms of new players moving forward you’re correct in saying they have little chance of surviving until the end. Drama can just as easily be infused by simply casting more controversial characters moving forward. It seems much less contrived that way...

That cliffhanger was soooooo annoying.I hope James/Sammie gets caught out too...he annoys me,not sure why. Maybe the new girl Ella will catch on
to him.Tim looks like Robin Williams.

Sammie/James is growing on me... I kind of dig the fact that he gets worked up and calms down again. So far I think he’s played the role of a catfish extremely well... The only reason I’d like to see some cracks in his gameplay is for drama. He’s one of my top contenders I’d be okay with seeing win.

I'm not convinced Georgina is quite Sian at this point, her and Freddie were very tight, Sian had ups and downs but was more savvy I suspect. Tim seems friends with others just as much, and if Georgina loses it at some point he may not back her. I hope they do move from the brave person dealing with a disease angle.

I'm not convinced Georgina is quite Sian at this point, her and Freddie were very tight, Sian had ups and downs but was more savvy I suspect. Tim seems friends with others just as much, and if Georgina loses it at some point he may not back her. I hope they do move from the brave person dealing with a disease angle.

I don't think you're giving Georgina enough credit. I see a lot of similarities between the two... I'm already seeing more than just a sob story from her and I'm certain the group think of her as more than that as well. In terms of friends she's got more than just Tim to fall back on.

Loving this series. Trying to recall if they sent videos to the circle after eliminations last year revealing if they were catfishes or not - get why they might have done it with Richard but I'd rather they left it to just visiting the one player and then that person doing with the info what they wish.

Tonight's show looks very promising indeed from the preview sent out on the app - Tim is proving to be the star of the series in every way possible. One of my favourite reality show contestants ever.

Mairead and Christopher left video messages last year, now they seem to be doing it with everyone which takes some effect away from the meeting before that. They can always reveal it all to someone after they've been eliminated.

There's been too much on Tim and Georgina, I feel I hardly know Brooke at all. And I think they could have started with more people, that was suggested last year. They didn't so they'll just have to continue putting new people in, really just lambs to the slaughter.

Mairead and Christopher left video messages last year, now they seem to be doing it with everyone which takes some effect away from the meeting before that. They can always reveal it all to someone after they've been eliminated.

There's been too much on Tim and Georgina, I feel I hardly know Brooke at all. And I think they could have started with more people, that was suggested last year. They didn't so they'll just have to continue putting new people in, really just lambs to the slaughter.

I disagree... The impact of the initial meeting is still there. It’s also much more in-depth than any video message can or will ever be. The blocked player is only revealing their identity and information they want or better yet production want them to reveal.

I can see where they’re going with this... I think the idea is that revealing the blocked player to everyone is intended to drive suspicion and paranoia amongst the players which is exactly how drama within The Circle thrives.

Back