Skip to main content

The Circle - Series 2

Would would you prefer on Aussie TV next year?

• The Circle Australia

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Big Brother Australia

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
Mairead and Christopher left video messages last year, now they seem to be doing it with everyone which takes some effect away from the meeting before that. They can always reveal it all to someone after they've been eliminated.

There's been too much on Tim and Georgina, I feel I hardly know Brooke at all. And I think they could have started with more people, that was suggested last year. They didn't so they'll just have to continue putting new people in, really just lambs to the slaughter.

I saw someone on twitter say that they havent shown any private messages between Brooke and anyone else

So observations... What orange drink is Georgina always drinking? Does it have to do with Crohn’s? Also what is the deal with everyone sending kisses all the time? I honestly don’t remember that being such a big thing in the first series?

First impressions... Beth is such a dullard. Also not a fan of “I’m a pretty girl who doesn’t want to be judged so I’m going to use an ugly girls pics”. Jack seems decent but needs to lay off the flirting or it will get old very fast. Neither have what it takes to stay until the end.

As for the remaining players... Tim; still by far my favourite. That said he needs to lay off Jay/Katie or it can turn players against him very fast. Georgina; this girl keeps getting better. Stand by what I said earlier in the thread that she’s got a few more high ratings in the future. Brooke; her personality comes out more and more everyday. It’s disappointing to see that it doesn’t translate as well with the rest of the group. Woody; is one to watch. I have a feeling he’s an influencer after tonight’s ratings. Sammie/James; not much has changed. He’s essentially this years Kate/Alex and will float through ratings for the remainder of the series. Jay/Katie; she’s grating on me more and more as the series progresses. Can’t stand the cockiness. The constant use of lingo is annoying AF. Ella; hilarious but savage.

She didn't say ugly girls pics, she just chose more of a girl next door picture, exactly the same as Sian started off with last year. Of course some of the audience are already going after her, easy to do with someone added later.

I don't see what's so great about Georgina now, she isn't as fun to me as people made her out to be at the start. Strange remark about Jack being red in his photo and how that turned her off. She's also loud, maybe louder than Brooke. I don't think we've found out anything more about Brooke, I could have said she was flying under the radar myself.

Jack has obviously been put in for showmances as that's the script he's reading, very boring.

Ella has started well. Jay is funny in a car crash way. Tim just comes across as too arrogant, but can be funny still. Woody is like the normal person in there, unfortunately the producers will probably try and hook him up with a showmance.

As I said before they just start with too few people.

As for the messages they already have paranoia, and if they don't know for sure what has happened that paranoia could grow. They depended on the person who met the eliminated relaying the information (that part now is defunct as a result of the messages) and either trusting it or not. The messages don't come as a surprise to them any more.

Tim would like Woody as his influencer sidekick to help him block Jay... or perhaps even Sammie. But I'm not convinced Tim will be an influencer this time around, which I guess would make it more interesting and unpredictable.

She didn't say ugly girls pics, she just chose more of a girl next door picture, exactly the same as Sian started off with last year. Of course some of the audience are already going after her, easy to do with someone added later.

I don't see what's so great about Georgina now, she isn't as fun to me as people made her out to be at the start. Strange remark about Jack being red in his photo and how that turned her off. She's also loud, maybe louder than Brooke. I don't think we've found out anything more about Brooke, I could have said she was flying under the radar myself.

Jack has obviously been put in for showmances as that's the script he's reading, very boring.

Ella has started well. Jay is funny in a car crash way. Tim just comes across as too arrogant, but can be funny still. Woody is like the normal person in there, unfortunately the producers will probably try and hook him up with a showmance.

As I said before they just start with too few people.

As for the messages they already have paranoia, and if they don't know for sure what has happened that paranoia could grow. They depended on the person who met the eliminated relaying the information (that part now is defunct as a result of the messages) and either trusting it or not. The messages don't come as a surprise to them any more.
she said nobody would fancy her,using these photo's....full of herself and a slap in the face of the much prettier girl who's photo's she is using

First impressions... Beth is such a dullard. Also not a fan of “I’m a pretty girl who doesn’t want to be judged so I’m going to use an ugly girls pics”
I went back and replayed that bit because I was distracted when I first watched it. She described the girl in the pics as a "girl next door" and said she'd be playing a "glammed down version" of herself. But overall the vibe was 'poor me, I'm so beautiful it puts people off'. Meh.

I went back and replayed that bit because I was distracted when I first watched it. She described the girl in the pics as a "girl next door" and said she'd be playing a "glammed down version" of herself. But overall the vibe was 'poor me, I'm so beautiful it puts people off'. Meh.

If she wanted to play a “glammed” down version of herself then play as a glammed of YOURSELF! Don’t use the pics of someone you think is less pretty than you are. For what it worth she might as well have said the girl she’s playing as is ugly.

Too vain and stupid to understand it's her looks that catch attention then her personality which puts people off.

I agree to with you Timmy that Tim may not get his blue tick tonight. Would like Jay to go though, but Ella has also been much more annoying than I thought she'd be.

One thing I do love though about this format is with just 8 contestants at the beginning you feel like you get to know them much more than a cast of 16 with a few producers faves and the rest basically extras. Also think although newbies are on the whole fodder and the originals always have an advantage the format of the show means they are absolutely necessary to keep things going along and interesting. Would be a rather dull format if you began with a group of 12 which just got smaller over time - new blood in The Circle is absolutely required.

Too vain and stupid to understand it's her looks that catch attention then her personality which puts people off.

I agree... Later in the episode she talks about flirting with Jack and then says she’s not sure she can catch his attention with the pics she’s using.

She said people thought she had a bitch face, so she thought she'd use someone else because of that shallowness I guess. Anyway I know some of the audience are jumping onto her, but it tends to be more of the female part of it.

Anyway the latest episode finished a few minutes ago so I'll put in spoilers, has spoilers on elimination.

Great to see Ella doing so well, but I wish she'd gone after Brooke more in that influencer discussion. Both Brooke and Georgina came across weird with the portraits they did, as I thought they were criticising their own allies. The sitting on the fence portrait referenced last year.

Wish they didn't all get the video messages, Sammie could have planned to say Jay was real. But now knowing everybody gets the video message he has no choice, he'll have to tell the truth anyway

Last edited:
She really is doing herself no favours.

Minor irritations on an other brilliant show (my fave new reality show in years) but we don't seem to be seeing much "Circle Chat" outside of the games - it's all the private and group chats, which though probably more revealing we do need to see a bit more of the group chat to put thoughts into context (i.e. the opinions on Brooke sitting on the fence). Also we can all see that the corridor the player opens their doors on too is not the one they walk down after the blockings.

Won't spoil tonights outcome but it's set up tomorrow very nicely.

This meeting is going to be EPIC!

tbh a part of me was hoping that they were going to launch a twist by having the real Jay meet one of the players, then have Katie go into the Circle (again) as herself. But then I realised the fact she'd uploaded that picture of herself on Jay's profile would have ruined that as they would have known her as "Jay's mum" immediately.

Could've been fun to watch someone acting on information the other players had no idea they had of everyone.

It wouldn't surprise me if the producers wanted Jay to upload the picture of herself with her son, people don't think of that possibility but I think it's very likely part of the whole deal of her going on the show.

There really needs to be a counteraction to the Tim alliance and I hope this will start to happen.

Back