Skip to main content

The Circle on Netflix

Yes - I quite like the idea of Trevor winning twice. I'd say it's between Yu Ling and Frank but we've seen before how the front runners usually suffer in the final vote, which can allow someone to sneak through - Rachel might be the middle ground character between old and new who'd benefit most from that.

Certainly think it needs at least a couple of extra episodes - 3 episodes next week rather than going straight to the final would work and probably make all the difference.

P.S. Did all the bullshit Patreon stuff about Original Trev and Real Trev splitting up coincide with him filming this?
At this point the only people I’d rather not see win would be Frank or Eversen… Both have been great value in terms of their personality but I feel like others have played much harder.

Yu Ling is my obvious favourite but as you pointed out tactical voting might be her downfall.

Last edited:
I think this blocking could be key. Yu Ling probably the slight favourite as even if the newbies vote tactically I think they'd put her ahead of Frank. Yu Ling's best bet is to rank Frank last herself, but don't think she'd do that.

I think this blocking could be key. Yu Ling probably the slight favourite as even if the newbies vote tactically I think they'd put her ahead of Frank. Yu Ling's best bet is to rank Frank last herself, but don't think she'd do that.
Would be better for viewers if they actually voted with their hearts. But ofc they want to win. Paddy was the worst/least deserving winner of any season IMO.

Yes, I don't get how they square that circle really. Having new arrivals means using the eliminated cast isn't an option really, whilst I wasn't really a fan of having two winners in the UK version with the viewers also choosing a winner as I think the gameplay of getting yourself in a position to win is more interesting. However when someone like Paddy wins it just feels like they've done so by default rather than strategically painting a smaller target on their backs.

As close to a perfect finale as you can get - probably my favourite season so far.
As close to perfect as we’re going to get. The final meetup is still a bit of a letdown due to the fact that they announce who’s coming before they arrive. The blocked players meetup was the superior of the two. Imani/Trevor being revealed did make up for the fact that it wasn’t a complete surprise.

The winner:

Frank wasn’t my winner but I can deal with it. I just feel like Frank just kind of sat back and never really had to play.

Yes, I've never understood why they started doing that. They got the reveal order spot on though.

Have the full rankings been revealed?

Thought Rachel would have ranked higher by literally being in the middle but happy we had both a catfish and just likeable guy in the final two. Yes, Frank not my winner either but I think Trevor's instant reaction to Frank winning showed it was the right result.

Wonder if there is mileage in an All Star format for this with a mixture of contestants coming back as they were, catfish coming in as themselves (Trevor could play Trevor this time) and contestants playing as other contestants - or even newbies catfishing as ex-contestants, especially as the catfish now seem to be family or friends rather than random folk found on the internet.

Yes, I've never understood why they started doing that. They got the reveal order spot on though.

Have the full rankings been revealed?

Thought Rachel would have ranked higher by literally being in the middle but happy we had both a catfish and just likeable guy in the final two. Yes, Frank not my winner either but I think Trevor's instant reaction to Frank winning showed it was the right result.

Wonder if there is mileage in an All Star format for this with a mixture of contestants coming back as they were, catfish coming in as themselves (Trevor could play Trevor this time) and contestants playing as other contestants - or even newbies catfishing as ex-contestants, especially as the catfish now seem to be family or friends rather than random folk found on the internet.
Definitely a worthy winner and an exception to the sympathy vote

As for All-Stars I think there’s enough interest… I’m just not sure it’s worth it. The format is suited to be played by newbies. I’d be down to see a few players return as late entrant catfish in a future series or a half-stars series but nothing more.

That was a great season. It did feel a little bit bogged down in week two (and I think I've felt that way in previous seasons) but it was worth hanging on in the end. Glad the result between the top two didn't go the other way.

That was a great season. It did feel a little bit bogged down in week two (and I think I've felt that way in previous seasons) but it was worth hanging on in the end. Glad the result between the top two didn't go the other way.
I don’t know how you arrived at that conclusion about week two… For me the series didn’t feel like it took off until week two.

As for the end result… I feel like I could have justified it had the result been flipped. In my mind any of the final four could have been worthy winners. The Circle finale is such a crap shoot that I’d mentally prepared for any number of results.

I don’t know how you arrived at that conclusion about week two… For me the series didn’t feel like it took off until week two.
Sorry, it was specifically Ep 5 when I almost lost the will to continue watching.

I thought the show improved once the Spice Girls had done what they what they were there for and left. They were beginning to outstay their welcome for me. It was only the real (and not real) contestants I was interested in and wanted to find out more about. Just watched the finale and i'm glad for the winner.

Back