The Circle on Netflix

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
I've watched (half watched) ep 5 and rapidly losing interest.
Hmmm… I’m 3/4 through episode 7 and I’ve enjoyed this week more than I did last.

The second blocking has been pretty entertaining and shows why I love this format so much. I live for how much of a house of cards this game can be…

timmy

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
Hmmm… I’m 3/4 through episode 7 and I’ve enjoyed this week more than I did last.

The second blocking has been pretty entertaining and shows why I love this format so much. I live for how much of a house of cards this game can be…
See my problem is I'm not captivated enough to give it my full attention, but it's a bit like watching a foreign movie with subtitles, you really do need to focus on it and if you're second-screening you miss too much. You can't just have it running in the background. So that's why I'm weighing up whether to continue. You say it's better than last week, so maybe I'll give the rest of this week a go. Just push my laptop to the side.

Last edited:

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
See my problem is I'm not captivated enough to give it my full attention, but it's a bit like watching a foreign movie with subtitles, you really do need to focus on it and if you're second-screening you miss too much. You can't just have it running n the background. So that's why I'm weighing up whether to continue. I say it's better than last week, so maybe I'll give the rest of this week a go. Just push my laptop to the side.
I watch on my phone for that reason and I take the odd social break. It’s taken me 3.5 and I just started episode 4.

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
While I’m disappointed 2 out of 3 blockings have had some sort of twist I really enjoyed the cyber virus. That said the fact that the ended in another cliffhanger is really going to suck the life out of the twist.

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
Also interesting to see how one small thing can change my opinion on a player. I wasn’t really feeling Nathan/Alex as his “mastermind” strategy came across as rather cocky… That said the fact that Bru’s question nearly spoiled his game flipped my opinion of him. I also like that he took his time and didn’t immediately gravitate to Rachel as a protential ally. That said the Spice twist probably had a lot to do with why they hadn’t chatted until this week.

Brekkie

Staff member
Yu Ling has honestly solidified herself as one of my favourite Circle Players of all time. I literally have no words to explain just how much of a pleasure she is to watch. #mycirclebestie
One of the best reality show contestants of all time, not just The Circle, but she probably wouldn't thrive on the likes of Big Brother and Survivor in the way she does here.

Indeed it's interesting to think how different people behave individually than if they were in a group together in person.
Is it me or is Alyssa the first player to actually acknowledge in the game that keeping a loyal catfish is a power move?
Yes, massive credit for that. They get no prizes for sussing catfish. Producers probably got the balance right this season too with the majority of players being real.

Brekkie

Staff member
P.S. Was thinking before the cyber security twist how little they use photos nowadays. Seem to set up a profile with two then add one or two more over the season when in the first UK season especially adding photos and changing profile pics was used much more frequently as a way for players to build up their character - and try and suss out other players.

I think they could have had a bit more fun with this twist - perhaps players playing as other players due to a malfunction.

Last edited:

Jen129

I remember Trevor from his wife's season. I kind of wish he'd gone in as himself, though some the others might know him from before if they've watched previous seasons. Halfway through Ep 7 and Yu Ling is my favourite, too along with Frank. Sorry to see the last evictee go.

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
One of the best reality show contestants of all time, not just The Circle, but she probably wouldn't thrive on the likes of Big Brother and Survivor in the way she does here.

Indeed it's interesting to think how different people behave individually than if they were in a group together in person.

Yes, massive credit for that. They get no prizes for sussing catfish. Producers probably got the balance right this season too with the majority of players being real.
I agree. The Circle definitely plays to her strengths.

I think it’s hilarious that Carol is completely oblivious to the fact that pretty much everyone thinks she’s a catfish.