Skip to main content

The Circle on Netflix

The extent of my memories of that kid from season one:
- He was in season one.
- End of list.

Surely there were some more memorable people that would've been willing to come back...
I have still yet to watch more than a handful of episodes from that season but from what I have seen it was reasonably likeable… I definitely know he was well liked amongst the fan base. At least it’s not Joey.

I have still yet to watch more than a handful of episodes from that season but from what I have seen it was reasonably likeable… I definitely know he was well liked amongst the fan base. At least it’s not Joey.
He was SO well liked! I loved Shuby, I still fondly remember him as one of my fave reality contestants - just genuinely nice, sweet and made wonderful genuine connections with people

Recognised him immediately but couldn't name him. Seems to be more of a UK/US hybrid cast this year which isn't a bad thing. Not a fan of the singles twist but think that'll soon disappear into the background. Also not a fan of the spoiler in the trailer which confirms at some point the newbies will outnumber the originals, and hence at least one person who gets that far.

Half way through episode 2 and I’m just not connecting with this cast.

Brett is a douche and boy am I ever glad Marvin was booted from BB24. Not sure what The Circle saw in either of them.

Tom sounds like Mr Maker. Haha.

The single aspect isn’t really changing gameplay all that much.

The single aspect isn’t really changing gameplay all that much.
I disagree. It’s sucked any and all life from the show. The cast is dull as, the games just aren’t fun, and the conversations are cringe.

Brett, Marvin, and Xanthi were all cast based on the theme but have literally brought NOTHING to the table other than being painful to watch. The others I’m pretty indifferent towards and so far none of this cast have stood out enough to get behind. I think a few might have had better potential if they were on other series. So far this first drop of episodes has been an absolute chore to get through.

Last edited:
And just like that... bringing back Shubham was a flop.

Not a surprise when he played the same as he did in his 1st season, the game has become way more ruthless and cuthroat since he was last on. He didn't adapt to the new level of gameplay at all, so good riddance.

Interesting. I wonder where the next location is going to be and whether they’ll keep the UK as their base or move it stateside.
I was wondering if The Circle was canceled so that is a pleasant surprise. I would guess that means at least another 2 seasons on Netflix since they had been filming back-to-back previously. I suppose they will find a new block of flats in whatever region provides the largest tax break, but then again who knows these days. They could end up building something on a lot and faking the exteriors (which they do already). I am curious if much will change or if it will be more of the same with a few new twists.

Hmmm. Or have they just shoved it in because the fifth season has spilled over to 2023?

🤔

Very much doubt it, all the rest of the shows there are for seasons still to come. Why would they bill a season that's halfway through streaming as returning?

Very much doubt it, all the rest of the shows there are for seasons still to come. Why would they bill a season that's halfway through streaming as returning?
Every other show in the trailer already had its renewal announced prior to this - it's not a trailer that is announcing any news that isn't already known. There's also been no press release sent out that The Circle has in fact been renewed for a sixth season.

I’m really enjoying this series. The arc of Marvin’s story has been fascinating to watch, I initially pinpointed him as a potential winner, not anymore.
The followers challenge really screwed Shubby.
I’m surprised how well Jennifer is doing.
I love watching Sam.

Not read the comments as only just been able to start it and up to episode 3 spoiler free. Enjoyable enough so far but the twist of the first evictees becoming the first new entrant has been done way too many times now.

the twist of the first evictees becoming the first new entrant has been done way too many times now
You'd think the players would be suspicious that there has been a double blocking and then the next day is a new player... They play it out the same way every time that it stands out. Maybe they do notice and they just edit around it. 🤷‍♂️

Back