Skip to main content

The Circle on Netflix

Interesting... I wonder how many of the people based in the UK that have been involved up until this point will continue on with the show - or if it'll be used as an opportunity to clean house and get fresh ideas into the show.

Nice it'll get a new location but not sure if a new series is good news or not - I felt if the last series had been it's last it had had a good run really and that they'd pretty much done everything that could be done. It was already starting to become a bit repetitive. Also I wanted to see if it began to get picked up internationally if the global Netflix deal came to an end. I hope Studio Lambert execs lose sleep over how much money they lost during covid by other countries not being able to commission it due to Netflix having global rights.

So who's producing it? I hope the narration still going to sassy/sarcastic like it was in the UK-produced shows. It does look like they've taken a "if it ain't broken don't fix it" approach though.

So who's producing it? I hope the narration still going to sassy/sarcastic like it was in the UK-produced shows. It does look like they've taken a "if it ain't broken don't fix it" approach though.
Studio Lambert still presumably. They announced the season 6 and 7 renewal on their website.

Yes, it was all the better for not being edited like a US reality show (as is The Traitors) so hopefully that is maintained.

I really hope that when they're playing the intro videos of the players, they just have long random shots of the AI box just sitting there doing nothing where they normally have shots of them posing/dancing etc.

I really hope that when they're playing the intro videos of the players, they just have long random shots of the AI box just sitting there doing nothing where they normally have shots of them posing/dancing etc.
That would be brilliant! Looking forward to the show being back.

Last season left an extremely bad taste in my mouth and I’d kind of forgotten why I’ve genuinely enjoyed this show over the years… Rewatched the Cyber Attack episode from season 4 and I can only hope Season 6 brings half of what that series did.

I can barely remember anything about any US series really - enjoy watching them but instantly forget them.

Mixed feelings. It’s definitely better than season 5 but that’s not setting the bar very high. I get the feeling this is the UK season 4 of the American series with twists taking over the traditional format. The cast is ok… A few likeable characters in the mix but there’s been far too much strategy and not enough fun and/or venerable character moments for me to really get invested in them. IDK I’m not really digging the AI twist, it’s obviously not true AI, and it’s dominating far too much of the storyline like the Spice Girls twist did.

I think I only ever watched one season of the Circle US. The one with Nick? I don't even remember much about it.

I think I only ever watched one season of the Circle US. The one with Nick? I don't even remember much about it.
Season 3. I’d say this season is on par with that season.

I would definitely recommend watching season 4. While it’s a slow start due to the twist, it’s easily one of the strongest casts of the franchise, and has a decent mix of personality and good strategy. Of all the series I’ve seen I’d rate it second only to UK series 2.

That said season 2 of the Netflix series is also a pretty strong series. You may want to consider watching it before season 4 as it will spoiler season 2’s winner.

Back