Skip to main content

The Circle on Netflix

Finally got around to finishing the US season!

I first started watching when it premiered at the start of the year, got bored mid-season then gave up. But I picked it up again yesterday and managed to get through it. I found it had a different pace to the UK version which took me a few episodes to get used to, but all in all I found this season quite entertaining.

I wasn’t on the edge of my seat as much as I was during UK’s season 2 but I did enjoy a lot of the twists they threw out in the second half of the US season.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the overall cast, although Sammie was an early favourite of mine from day one. I actually really loved Alex/Adam a lot too! Thought it was a bold and clever strategic move for Sean to come out as a catfish to the players, but unfortunately it didn’t work in her favour. I was also happy with the winner - it’s rare for me to genuinely like the winner of any reality show, but I wanted Joey to take it out by about the midway point so was pleased with the result. (Side-note, the men really came through this season! Call me deprived here in Covid isolation, but damn 🔥🔥 most of them were fiiiine. Don’t get me started on Ed and that crop top. 🤤)

An enjoyable season but definitely lacked something that kept me so enthralled me when I watched the UK series. Looking forward to where Netflix takes it next year.

Last edited:
Looking forward to where Netflix takes it next year.
Yeah it'll be interesting to see if they do a second season for each of US/Brazil/France, or if they will select new countries instead. For Netflix I assume they chose Brazil because they'd heard that BB was very popular there, so there's a huge market for them to try and attract new customers to their platform. Having said that, I would guess they'd try a Spanish-speaking country instead (either Spain replacing France, or a South American country replacing Brazil). That way it gives them a opportunity to lure some more customers from other countries. Covid-19 is obviously restricting international travel, so that's also an issue in the meantime.

TBH I think they'll do a second US season, plus two new countries.

TBH I think they'll do a second US season, plus two new countries.
US is already green-lit for seasons 2 and 3. Was confirmed back in March. Not sure when they plan on filming as I suspect covid has affected this a fair bit, but Netflix is promoting the second season as arriving early 2021.

I’m not sure about the foreign-language versions but UK is also confirmed for season 3 and a celebrity edition, also both airing in 2021. I’m interested to see whether Netflix will eventually bring the UK version over to the streaming service too one day.

US is already green-lit for seasons 2 and 3. Was confirmed back in March. Not sure when they plan on filming as I suspect covid has affected this a fair bit, but Netflix is promoting the second season as arriving early 2021.

I’m not sure about the foreign-language versions but UK is also confirmed for season 3 and a celebrity edition, also both airing in 2021. I’m interested to see whether Netflix will eventually bring the UK version over to the streaming service too one day.

Something makes me think there’s some drama between Netflix and Channel 4.

Not sure ATM if Netflix will move forward with more international versions... The casting website only has US and UK casting listed. I think if they did move forward it’s likely to be another English version as it’s likely to attract a wider audience.

Good point about COVID stopping them filming all versions in the UK. Frankly though any empty hotel which allows them to fix some cameras to the walls will be fine.

Good point about COVID stopping them filming all versions in the UK. Frankly though any empty hotel which allows them to fix some cameras to the walls will be fine.

But defeats the purpose of using a single location... Netflix is far from desperate when it comes to content. I can’t see why they’d splash money on a new location when an indefinite delay is a viable option.

If you could choose the countries for some new seasons, which would you choose?

I'd like Italy, Japan and India, just for the variety.

Finally got to watch the US version - probably my favourite series so far, brilliantly cast (they found likeable Americans) and it benefitted so much from being edited by the Brits rather than in the usual US style. Only complaint is the finale was quit jarring compared to the tone of the rest of the series and I think revealing the winner within the final dinner party would have made more sense. The studio shows were rather jarring with the UK version too - think most people felt they should be a spin-off rather than part of the run.

Finally got to watch the US version - probably my favourite series so far, brilliantly cast (they found likeable Americans) and it benefitted so much from being edited by the Brits rather than in the usual US style. Only complaint is the finale was quit jarring compared to the tone of the rest of the series and I think revealing the winner within the final dinner party would have made more sense. The studio shows were rather jarring with the UK version too - think most people felt they should be a spin-off rather than part of the run.
Not sure but there’s just something about the US series that I can’t put my finger on... I’ve yet to watch the series in its entirety.

It gets better as it goes on IMO. Also quite refreshing and surprising for votes on a US reality show to be based much more on emotion than strategy.

I suspect they'll be closely aligned - one of the things about the first US series is you couldn't really accuse the of using "twists" to favour certain people as it pretty much played out in the exact same way as the US second season.

Agree though the regular cycle needs to be embraced, not turned on at every opportunity. The Influencer Chat is one of the best things about the show and the whole elimination process is one of the best in reality TV.

It's a little strange that of the people that recognised Chloe from Too Hot to Handle, not one was seen questioning if she was really her. And everyone seemed to believe that Lance Bass really is part of the cast... Is this entire cast stupid af and just going to take everything at face value?

Tiramisu really dropped in my estimation when she saved Emily.
Tiramisu. I cannot 😂 who are people liking so far? I am fond of Leesa as Trevor, I find Courtney funny but think he’s also likely to be a bitchy snake so reckon he will get on my nerves soon. I wanted Savannah and Terelisha to continue as the alphas for a bit longer and divide the camp but alas not meant to be. And lance bass’ PA can fuck right off atm - nothing I like about her so far. Oh and Chloe is hilarious - love to see her stay around for entertainment value at the least.

I was happy with the second blocking, but either of those two was fine by me. Hopefully Emily will go. Chloe is annoying AF. Not caring for a single one at this point. Hope some decent new players enter. Sorry to bitch. :roflmao:

Back