Skip to main content

The Circle on Netflix

Would love to see The Circle Australia at some point.
I think it’s inevitable - eventually. But unless it’s exclusively Netflix, I’m not convinced it would take off here. I honestly don’t think the general public will watch or understand it.

MAFS being more or less the only show that Aussies seem to watch says it all really.

I'd like to think Netflix would share the love around. Have they done new French and Brazilian seasons? If not, I'd like to see Japanese and Indian ones. And maybe Italian.

I think it’s inevitable - eventually. But unless it’s exclusively Netflix, I’m not convinced it would take off here. I honestly don’t think the general public will watch or understand it.

MAFS being more or less the only show that Aussies seem to watch says it all really.
I wouldn’t have thought so myself until my 63 year old mum got majorly sucked into the circle last night while I was watching season 2’s first 4 eps. It took her a good 15 mins to work out what was happening and now she can’t wait for the next 4, so I dunno! She said “it’s like they’ve taken big brother and social media and combine them” - so I reckon others might get it, lawd if my mum is able to hahahaha no offence mum....

I was happy with the second blocking, but either of those two was fine by me. Hopefully Emily will go. Chloe is annoying AF. Not caring for a single one at this point. Hope some decent new players enter. Sorry to bitch. :roflmao:
Don’t be sorry! That’s why we’re here 😂

Its not that hard to understand after watching the first episode, I think it would rate very well here.

I was happy with the second blocking, but either of those two was fine by me. Hopefully Emily will go. Chloe is annoying AF. Not caring for a single one at this point. Hope some decent new players enter. Sorry to bitch. :roflmao:

Completely agree. The first season cast was so much better. One thing I have noticed after watching the UK and American seasons back to back is how much more over the top the Americans are.

Only watched the first couple so far but interesting they've put a Brit in this one, although an alumni from another Netflix reality show. Could be interesting actually for Netflix to do a truly international version with contestants from numerous countries - something I'm sure which could be done with UK based foreign residents in these covid times.

An Australian version... It would be somewhere between Love Island Australia and Ultimate Tag. Not good but not completely terrible in the ratings.

An Australian version... It would be somewhere between Love Island Australia and Ultimate Tag. Not good but not completely terrible in the ratings.
The problem with The Circle is that it comes off looking gimmicky. Coupled with the fact that people have a love hate relationship with social media and what it means to be popular.

Okay, so at this point I am far more invested in this season than I was with the latest UK.

Some thoughts:
I had my doubts about how genuine Bryant was in the first episode, but seeing his interactions post-blocking and after looking into his social media, he seems like such a lovely man. It’s a shame he couldn’t do more to impress the others, but he gave what I think is the most beautifully thought-provoking farewell message I’ve ever seen on reality TV. Kinda sad to see him go.

Loving how strategic and savage the players are this season! It makes the show so much more interesting when the contestants actually have tactics and are willing to play. The alliances have introduced an interesting angle as well.

The Savannah/Terilisha divide was great viewing. Have we had a fight like that on The Circle before? I am #TeamTerilisha all the way, and I’m hoping Sav’s elimination brings Courtney down a peg or two otherwise he won’t be far behind. But I am looking forward to the Inner Circle twist next episode - I am guessing he’ll be able to access previous chats or spy on new chats?

I’m not mad about the Lance twist. Yet. I think it has potential, but will heavily depend on how well Lisa can keep it up. Her extensive knowledge and experience with Lance is a great advantage, but so far she’s been fairly boring. Chloe is pretty pointless too, imo.

Absolutely LOVING Jack/Emily though! What a fantastic, clever and in-tune guy. Hope he does well.

Overall, this is shaping up to be a great season. The promo for the next batch of episodes looks fun.

Quote of the season so far: “Terelisha may be vegan but it’s beef tonight for dinner.”

It's a decent watch so far - far more strategic than the first US series which really was all happy families. Terelisha v Savannah was gold and in 4 episodes the series has already proven how producers need to trust their main elimination format - it can deliver much more drama than any "twist".

Will see how this twist plays out but not a fan of the blockee being directed as who to visit (it's like when Big Brother explicitly says to nominate strategically).

One final observation - if you look in the credits Emma Willis is listed as one of the producers of the series.

Where are the new eps? "Available 21 April". Helloooo, what's the date today?

Where are the new eps? "Available 21 April". Helloooo, what's the date today?
Netflix always launches at specific times.
In Australia, new movies and shows usually drop around 5pm or 6pm depending on where we are.

Netflix always launches at specific times.
In Australia, new movies and shows usually drop around 5pm or 6pm depending on where we are.
Oh yes, it's been so long I'd forgotten. How inconvenient.

This batch of episodes really re-enforced my not liking Courtney.

Surprised last week's fan vote had him as the most liked player.

Back