Skip to main content

The Challenge Australia

I don't know which one is worse, the love boat or the challenge.
God, I just saw advertised on 9 something about your mum my dad! Another dating thing, but for oldies. And yup, i set the series tag!
Here we go again!

Jack said on The Project that the only person he didn't like was a guy, "but he's gone now".
As the only other male eliminated was that Billy who no one has heard of, it must have been him.

The 2nd episode has dropped under 200k, joining The Real Love Boat as the biggest flop this year.
A bit sad, honestly. Might not be fond of the slate they pushed out, but I respect that they tried doing a bunch of new stuff rather than, say, simply running a second season of Survivor.

A bit sad, honestly. Might not be fond of the slate they pushed out, but I respect that they tried doing a bunch of new stuff rather than, say, simply running a second season of Survivor.
Both were predictable flops. At least Hunted and The Traitors were somewhat new ideas in the genre, but ultimately pushing out more and more franchises in the same genre isn't really new stuff. The Real Love Boat and The Challenge just come across as two shows trying to do The Bachelor and Survivor, but cheaper.

I wonder if Aussie TV will ever get out of this reality TV funk - amazed really viewers have put up with it for so long.

This is too hard to watch. I can't remember who's who!
Probably because I don't care!

Last edited:
This is too hard to watch. I can't remember who's who!
Probably because I don't care!
Same. I fast forward most of it (sigh) It feels like they took a tiny part of Survivor with the challenges, and an even tiniest part of BB with the evictions, and tried to mix a little bit of drama, lol. It is ridiculous and yet I still watch 25% of it, I can' just let it go

Same. I fast forward most of it (sigh) It feels like they took a tiny part of Survivor with the challenges, and an even tiniest part of BB with the evictions, and tried to mix a little bit of drama, lol. It is ridiculous and yet I still watch 25% of it, I can' just let it go
😅
Same here.
I have no interest in what I'm looking at, but I'm still looking! Yet not sure what is going on , and don't care! Sad, eh!

It shows some conflict between the contestants, but not the interesting type.
For example I was waiting for an advertised shouting match between Ryan and Cyrrell that never came.
I don't know why they've lumbered them with pairs, other than allowing us to be rid of them twice as quickly.
But individual challenges would be more interesting, rather than an 'algorithm' creating mismatched pairs.

It shows some conflict between the contestants, but not the interesting type.
For example I was waiting for an advertised shouting match between Ryan and Cyrrell that never came.
I don't know why they've lumbered them with pairs, other than allowing us to be rid of them twice as quickly.
But individual challenges would be more interesting, rather than an 'algorithm' creating mismatched pairs.
Nothing in the challenge ever fully makes sense… Back in the day when the show was just an excuse to throw ex RW/RR alumni together, give them unlimited alcohol, have them play silly games, and eliminate each other it really didn’t matter but now that The Challenge is attempting to promote itself as a legitimate competition it would be nice if there was actually a rhyme or reason or consistent format.

I watched a bit of the first All-Stars series (because there were a few older aluminum I wanted to see) during the early COVID era and a couple weeks in they suddenly decided to change up the format from single to double eliminations and completely throw out any chance of immunity.

Last edited:
Due to extremely low ratings The Challenge has been moved to Mondays at 8:30 and will screen double episodes. This is another show along with The Real Love Boat that I don't see coming back next year.
There are additional rumours that The Project is also on its way out, with speculation that it’ll revert back to its original half-hour 7pm timeslot next year alongside a potential return for Neighbours in its old 6:30pm timeslot.

2022 has not been a good year for Ten. They’re in a bit of trouble if they don’t nab something big soon. Big Brother, for one…

Back