Skip to main content

The Challenge Australia

There are additional rumours that The Project is also on its way out, with speculation that it’ll revert back to its original half-hour 7pm timeslot next year alongside a potential return for Neighbours in its old 6:30pm timeslot.

2022 has not been a good year for Ten. They’re in a bit of trouble if they don’t nab something big soon. Big Brother, for one…

Neighbours certainly won't be their saviour, it couldn't even crack 150k when it was airing on 10Peach.

There are additional rumours that The Project is also on its way out, with speculation that it’ll revert back to its original half-hour 7pm timeslot next year alongside a potential return for Neighbours in its old 6:30pm timeslot.

2022 has not been a good year for Ten. They’re in a bit of trouble if they don’t nab something big soon. Big Brother, for one…
Well The Project has another role of the dice now that Sarah Harris is moving from Studio 10.

Agree the latter half of the year hasn't been great but at least Ten are trying and with new formats rather than the recycle bin strategy that Seven has. Hunted obviously has done well enough to return and I think although it wasn't a breakout hit history shows Ten are willing to give formats a chance to grow an audience so The Traitors may get another show. The Real Love Boat and The Challenge were always going to be dead on arrival though.

It was clear from the casting that this would be a flop. I prefer other reality formats, but I don't even think it's the format that is the issue here. It's more so that the producers cast a bunch of boring Bachelor rejects despite having other options. I hope Tully Smyth is somewhere enjoying a glass of wine and cackling at this failure.

It was clear from the casting that this would be a flop. I prefer other reality formats, but I don't even think it's the format that is the issue here. It's more so that the producers cast a bunch of boring Bachelor rejects despite having other options. I hope Tully Smyth is somewhere enjoying a glass of wine and cackling at this failure.
It was clear the moment this show was announced that it was going to flop.

The Challenge finale only had an embarrassing 11,000 viewers watching on 10 Shake with 0 viewers recorded in Brisbane.

Source:TvTonight

I watched it to the end but it was definitely a dud,
A combination of poor casting (too many Bachelor phonies), too much time spent on challenges rather than showing any kind of character interaction, and very poor promotion and scheduling.

I should add it was the awful casting that turned me off. Stop recycling reality show contestants! Casting for The Bridge was good. Keep doing that!

I should add it was the awful casting that turned me off. Stop recycling reality show contestants! Casting for The Bridge was good. Keep doing that!
Aside of the two Fresh Meat series The Challenge format is all about recycling reality stars.

The Challenge really is an American institution and like a lot of American culture it really doesn’t translate well in the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Back