Skip to main content

The Block

No, you're not the only one who's thinking wtf...I watch through my fingers or turn away.

1920s and 1930s were total fails. They didn't give a shit about their decade. And those decades are so easy!

Still watching the scoring but thinking the 1950s should win.

EDIT: scoring went as expected!

Last edited:
1920s style bathroom. You wouldn't need to replicate it but this would be your starting point (you'd also get away with this for 1930s tbh, in fact it's possibly more 30s than 20s):
art-deco-inspired-bathroom-design-completehome-165938.jpg

I laughed when one of the contestants (can't remember who it was now) said she didn't know what a pedestal basin was. Oh dear!

That's true, pedestals obviously lack the storage of our modern day vanities but it could be overcome somewhat with decent face level storage (as they did back in the day with what they called "shaving cabinets" that seem to be depicted in the pic you posted) and a small free-standing floor cabinet...if space allowed.

Last edited:
That's true, pedestals obviously lack the storage of our modern day vanities but it could be overcome somewhat with decent face level storage (as they did back in the day with what they called "shaving cabinets" that seem to be depicted in the pic you posted) and a small free-standing floor cabinet...if space allowed.
Sure but in reality you want to have a surface to put certain things on within reach and not tucked away in a cabinet. Liquid soap, toothbrush/toothpaste etc.

I'd put all of those things in the face level storage. Cabinet for bulkier items like hairdryers, straighteners etc.

Even though I have a modern vanity I don't have any of those things on show except liquid soap.

Another grandparent death :-(
The Block It In comp was a bit pointless. They all had in mind who they wanted anyway. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Jimmy and Tam seem unstoppable atm. Will be a real surprise if they don’t take the whole thing out at this point.

Yes, The Block It In thing was pointless...and embarrassing (fart noises, really?)

Jimmy and Tam are switched on and organised and they deserve to be where they are atm imo. The others seem to be resenting them a bit now...understandable in a way but maybe they've worked smarter not harder for all their wins and their guess for the Indian house was by far the most realistic...sour grapes is not really a good look.

Last edited:
I agree that the whinging (sour grapes) is not a good look for Luke and Jasmin, and it was a bit funny that Scotty called Jasmin out on her whinging about Kinsmen. However, what I don’t understand is, why do they only have 2 mirrors? I thought they all had Kinsmen vouchers to spend how they like. It doesn’t make sense that they only have two to ‘give away’ 🤷🏽‍♂️ gotta protect the sponsors I guess.

To cause drama? As you say, it doesn't make sense that only two mirrors were available to 'give away' on a first come first served basis. Although, it seems like there may have been some other 'extras' available too? I think Scotty mentioned something about LED lights?

Scotty was definitely trying to set the record straight about Kinsmen after Jasmin dissed them...can't give the impression that the sponsers are unfair to some contestants.

Is this still being filmed?
Must be one of the worst/biggest challenges to film during lockdown
Should piss off to WA or any other place

Is there a 60s house? We recently moved to a 60 built house
The bathroom has never been touched, I love it, has pink pedestal basin
It is green and pink and has plenty of cupboards and I have added a small table with drawers for all of my make up and stuff
It is all mine so that helps me love it, my boy has his own

They shut down in late March and resumed filming in early May. Before the shutdown they were all put in an horrendous position because they had to order everything for the entire house right down to the last nail...scary stuff!

The houses are from 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940 and 1950.

Haha my parents house had a pink and green bathroom...green pedestal basin and bath and pink tiles. It was built in the 1950s.

Reactions: kxk
Aww poo not 60s
And wow, my green/pink bathroom is the opposite, ie green tiles, pink everything else, bath, basin, toilet
House built 1960, so maybe I should check out 50s house

And hope they all watched Back in time for Dinner, 1st series they remodelled their house for each decade
Love that show, currently 2nd series Back Further in Time for Dinner is screening

The 50s house is my favourite and the contestants are being quite sympathetic to the era. You should check it out as they seem to be focusing on late 50s bordering on early 60s.

I will check it out, as long as I can avoid the host, he makes me feel ill and lose brain cells
And I am a bit obsessed that he has to be scomos hidden brother, both make me feel like puking

Haha...you could just check out the finished rooms on The Block website...you can avoid the host that way and ensure your brain cells remain intact.

I will check it out, as long as I can avoid the host, he makes me feel ill and lose brain cells
And I am a bit obsessed that he has to be scomos hidden brother, both make me feel like puking
Haha...you could just check out the finished rooms on The Block website...you can avoid the host that way and ensure your brain cells remain intact.
I can relate. I am only watching the reveal eps to minimise my exposure to the bogan host.

Back