Skip to main content

The Block - Sky High

That certainly is our Trixie. I thought the kid was very kind when he saw his room. Go kid! You're awesome!

Funny about your comment on Shayna(?). I was thinking that they might as well have her and Shelley Craft together on Showdown. In a jelly ring. Fighting for the mike.* At least the show might be a bit more entertaining then.

* That's microphone, not Goldman.

All I know is she has a massive camel toe at the start of the episode

Fucking sob stories. Millions of people get cancer (myself included). Where's our fucking house makeover?

Yes, I agree about the sob stories. I'm a sucker for a make-over show, though; and they're now making me feel really bad about myself for rolling my eyes when a contestant on a reality show talks about a battle with cancer or autism or alzheimers or whatever. I'm also getting tired of the swelling violins, the tears and the hugs. Just get on with it, for pete's sake!

I'd just like it if they did the makeovers for people who just couldn't afford it (but without ever playing up that angle, of course). Someone doesn't have to be "deserving" but it would be a nice gesture for someone in need.

Years ago, one of the highest paid managers where I worked got a $50k makeover from Room For Improvement. I don't know if he "knew someone" or not tho. Painful for me to watch but at least the wider audience were none the wiser and there was not a sob story in sight.

I'd just like it if they did the makeovers for people who just couldn't afford it (but without ever playing up that angle, of course). Someone doesn't have to be "deserving" but it would be a nice gesture for someone in need.

Years ago, one of the highest paid managers where I worked got a $50k makeover from Room For Improvement. I don't know if he "knew someone" or not tho. Painful for me to watch but at least the wider audience were none the wiser and there was not a sob story in sight.

He paid for it in the end though, because Room for Improvement did some tacky shit!

Yeah Backyard Blitz back in the day used to be about someone that needed a backyard. End of story. Then, slowly but surely, they brought in little back stories to make it seem more "deserving".... now all these shows won't touch your place unless half your family is dying!

/cynical :p

Back