Skip to main content

The Block: Glasshouse

I actually love this season of it. Don't even care about the naysayers.
I think the apartments look amazing, they're all really unique whether through shape of rooms, height, texture, art..
I hope they all do well at auction but I hope Dee and Darren don't win purely because I'm damn sure they don't need it..
I also have a massive girl-crush on Maxine haha

1.max_and_karsten_the_block_wedding_1_1a1umdq-1a1umdv.jpg

She is wearing a tablecloth.

yep, product placement starting already for the wedding

if you didn't know who Jane Hill was before, you sure will now after this segment lol

^Fabulous and talented local designer. Sadly, Jane passed away last year, her 2 daughters and staff are now running the
boutique.

looks like dee is wearing a black dress who even does that?

Black or Navy can look very classy and sophisticated, for bridesmaids, especially for winter weddings, styled with bright floral bouquets. Last 3 weddings we have attended this year, the bm's have worn either long gowns or shorter cocktail styles in black.

Reactions: kxk
^Fabulous and talented local designer. Sadly, Jane passed away last year, her 2 daughters and staff are now running the
boutique.
Yeah I remember when Polka Dot Bride did a tribute to her after she passed away and they included this particular pic of a gold sequined dress that's popped into my mind randomly since then. It's not something I'd normally like but I just love it. I was definitely surprised to see her boutique on a home reno show though!

I think it was Kyal and Kara and Madi and Jarrod who got pulled up on doing that also in previous seasons (no one sue me if I got one of the couples wrong!). People were posting pics on FB that were almost exact replicas of rooms and challenge items in mags and on Pinterest. From memory one of the copies was straight from Belle mag and it was a week that Neale was gushing about the room lol

Realityravings has done an hilarious, fuming Block blog.
They detest on Dee, and point out that bathroom design rip-offs

I think I'm the only person in the entire universe who likes Dee! I think her ranting is hilarious. She's so over-confident and opinionated I can't help but enjoy her bouncing around, aghast that the 'dimwits' (was it 'dimwits' or 'halfwits'?) can beat her own 'flawless' styling. How dare they!?!

I don't think Darren's a doormat, either; just a very hard worker. I'm sure he's exhausted all the time and just wants to get some peace.

I think I'm the only person in the entire universe who likes Dee! I think her ranting is hilarious. She's so over-confident and opinionated I can't help but enjoy her bouncing around, aghast that the 'dimwits' (was it 'dimwits' or 'halfwits'?) can beat her own 'flawless' styling. How dare they!?!

I don't think Darren's a doormat, either

Darren has said some nasty things, but he says it so differently to Dee.

Darren being an ex footy player, he is so aware of the cameras etc, where Dee isn't.

Yeah Darren hides behind his bitch a bit, but he's snarky too.

I am very disappointed in Chris/Jenna, boring & annoying- thought they might bring a fresh aesthetic.

And it's all so bland and boring - why do they hate colour?
I know, keep it neutral for sale, but a bit of colour would not kill them.

And that is one of the biggest differences between this and House Rules - we get some variety in styles people want to live in, and some colour.

I'm trying to make a verandah a bit exotic and sort of Moroccan for our summer chill spot, so colour is very much on my mind.
But, they could go a bit more romantic too, in soft whites/floaty Hamptons looks.

I love canopies, bed canopies, have since I was a kid and Mum would rip down my makeshift bed tents ( sheets & curtains & fabrics)

HATE 4 posters with no flowing drapes - like that eyesore of Dee's.

Ishka is just around the corner from them, 50% sale right now.
Chapel St & that area, has amazing stuff in lots of quirky shops, nobody seems to be looking even.
The op shops there are amazing.

Give me some COLOUR
angela-chill-canopy-with-hu.jpg

tumblr_lq331vKtbp1qi07y0o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mzfed4axXK1rucc2fo1_400.jpg

I want that bedroom above:)

or this

tumblr_m3408bErDv1ruh1sno1_500.jpg

I just wish the Block was really about renovations, because I love watching real renos, transformations, brilliant ideas and stuff.
This monstrosity they are BUILDING, just reminds me of lego. These people are builders, how strange, what this concept has become is so weird.

Last edited:
Oh @kxk would love to trampse those op shops with you. haha. My poor kids have to watch multiple shows of house reno's. Love, love love them.

OMG, I'm so addicted to transformations, and grand designs, and mediocre designs, and empty houses, and old mansions made new, and aristrocrats for a weekend.

Pretty much anything with a building:)But people will do - so Snog, Marry, Avoid is another I like. Skye needs that show.

60 minute make-over is a favourite.

And @Taylia I LOVE op shops, and I actually dress the windows for my local:)

Back