Skip to main content

The Block 2017

OMG. Ronnie trying to sand these floorboards. I can't.

They have obviously paid people to renovate 10 houses and never actually renovated one themselves.

I can't believe that $3600 piece of "art". It looked like toddlers and the family pets had upended a few tins of sickly bubblegum-coloured paint all over the canvas.

I'm the only person watching this, yet they reckon it's thrashing Survivor. Yep, ratings LIE!!

Reactions: kxk
Hooray! I wasn't giving it my full attention last night, so tonight I'm getting to know the teams a bit more, and getting some idea of what they are actually renovating.
I like the fact the houses are all a bit different

I like the fact the houses are all a bit different
They're all 1920s California bungalow style, but one has beautiful stained glass windows. I love this style of house. I would search out 1920s features to add (such as those windows) if I was doing one.

Josh and Elyse with their teal room was my favourite of the 48 hour challenge.
It had more character than the all white rooms. I did like the headboard the boys did - thought the judges were a little harsh with them.

It had more character than the all white rooms. I did like the headboard the boys did - thought the judges were a little harsh with them.

Nah wasn't a fan of that headboard bit too rustic for my liking. Plus I kept think what a bitch it'd be to clean.

Nah wasn't a fan of that headboard bit too rustic for my liking. Plus I kept think what a bitch it'd be to clean.
Reminds me of those US property flipping shows that seem to like using impractical absorbent materials for the splashback (or "backsplash") in their kitchens. Looks great for the sale, but what happens after it gets hot oil spattered on it?

As this is so close to home this time I am going to watch some bits on repeat, just did room judging and house allocation.

So impressions - they all look alike, except boys & older couple, too many blondes.
Rooms all looked the same, bar one coloured wall.....BEIGE EVERYWHERE......I hate beige

Idiots that removed all the pretty ceiling features

OMG I have TRIED, to watch this terrible show repeats and online....and how the hell do people watch this boring drivel????

These daily shows are dire, NOTHING happens, do people snooze and forget to change channels?
Surely the ratings have to be a lie?

Reveal bits are somewhat engaging.....yet even that is frustrating and annoying, I can never get a proper look & comparison, they should have a split screen thing going on, overheads so I can see a floor plan, anything but this crap camera work.

I just don't get it....I get Aussies are reno tragics and like the shopping element, but fuck, brain dead make up too much of our population,scary.

I can't be bothered either but maybe I'll look at the end to see how well the houses turn out, I'm sure they will be beautiful.

I've been bingeing on property flipping shows on HGTV's app (they make a lot of the shows on 9Life). As well as chipping away at my own Block, of course.

I'll stick with it but I'm quite bored by it, and can't get to like any of the contestants this time.

Back