Skip to main content

The Bachelorette

Yeah sort of strange, I guess guys are different to girls with shows like this though.

It takes a special kind of guy to be fine in vying for the affection of 1 woman who they don't know from a bar of soap, with another bunch of guys at the same time. No offense to the girl they've chosen but I wouldn't go through all of that to get her to pick me or even a girl I genuinely fancy for that matter. The whole process is just so tacky, it simply ain't worth it.

To be brutally honest this concept is demeaning and I can only imagine that most of the individuals who sign up to win the heart of the 'final prize' do it more for the chance of getting some celeb profile out of it, however fleeting, than actually hoping to find 'love'. At least I hope or they're more effed in the head that I had imagined.

Bachelor's Nina Rolleston takes a shine to Sam Frost's male cast members...as Sam Wood's interest in her seems to wane
By Amy Croffey for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 16:14 EST, 8 September 2015 | Updated: 16:34 EST, 8 September 2015

• View comments

She hasn't received much attention from The Bachelor Sam Wood, so it seems that Nina Rolleston has moved onto Sam Frost's The Bachelorette boys.

Tipped to be on the chopping block this week, the straight-talker has taken a serious shine to half of the eligible bachelors lining up for Sam's show and is not shy about showing off her interest on social media.

The 28-year-old has started following seven of the 14 upcoming contestants who will vie for Sam's heart, including Kieren Nicholson, 28, Alex Cameron, 35, Tony Strugar, 32, Michael Turnbull, 34, Luke Haddrick, 28, Davey Lloyd, 25, and Dave Billsborrow, 30.

Scroll down for video

2BE74E6B00000578-3225929-image-m-54_1441687954740.jpg

+9
    Stepping on Sam's toes? She hasn't received much attention from The Bachelor Sam Wood, so it seems that Nina Rolleston has moved onto Sam Frost's The Bachelorette boys

2C023D4500000578-3225929-image-a-53_1441687948404.jpg

+9
    Sam Wood who? Larger-than-life Nina has taken a serious shine to half of the eligible bachelors and is not shy about showing off her interest in them for all to see on social media

The wedding planner, who doubles up as a dentist's secretary, loves nothing more than to mass-like their snaps whenever her favourite boy's post.

RELATED ARTICLESShare this article
    She seems to have taken a particular interest in former professional soccer player, Michael, and bodybuilder and male flight attendant, Tony, who she lives nearby in Brisbane.

On Tuesday, she liked a sexy snap of Tony's impressive six-pack as he lay on his bed on his day off.

2C1110D200000578-3225929-image-m-57_1441687988819.jpg

+9
    Ripped: She seems to have taken a particular interest in bodybuilder and male flight attendant, Tony Strugar, who she lives nearby in Brisbane

2C1110F200000578-3225929-Selfie_Nina_the_stealth_social_media_prowler_was_straight_in_wit-a-1_1441694037760.jpg

+9
    Selfie: Nina, the stealth social media prowler, was straight in with another like for this snap of Tony

'Do I have to get up today?' Tony captioned it and added the hashtags 'lazy day' and 'recovering'.

Two weeks ago the handsome bachelor also shared another selfie from his bed, but this time a close-up of his pout.

The stealth social media prowler was straight in with another like for Tony, showing her fondness for the reality star.

2C1110EE00000578-3225929-image-m-65_1441688085194.jpg

+9
    Liked! Dave Billsborrow also got approval for this snap from the wedding planner and dentist's secretary

2C1110D600000578-3225929-image-m-68_1441688123439.jpg

2C1110E200000578-3225929-image-a-69_1441688131691.jpg

She's a fan! Nina has also shown a particular interest in former pro soccer star, Michael Turnbull, liking the majority of his social media snaps in the last week

2C1110EA00000578-3225929-What_would_Sam_Frost_say_Cheeky_carpenter_Davey_Lloyd_also_is_fa-a-2_1441694037775.jpg

+9
    What would Sam Frost say? Cheeky carpenter Davey Lloyd also is familiar with Nina's mass-liking

Eager Nina has shown off a rather catty side on The Bachelor, falling out with no less than four competitors so far, including Bec Chin, Emily Simms, Lana Jeavons-Fellows and Rachel Moore.

Things came to a head with Rachel last week and the blonde socialite couldn't hold back her anger.

'Nina's got no concern about health and fitness, she eats junk food, she doesn't work out. She's trying to get a guy who's whole life is about that,' Rachel told the camera.

2BD0FDD100000578-3225929-image-a-81_1441689655712.jpg

+9
    2C092B4800000578-3225929-image-m-80_1441689639239.jpg

+9
    Wishing she could trade places? Nina Rolleston has moved onto Sam Frost's The Bachelorette boys

'Has she not seen the calibre of women she's up against in the house? I would like to see Nina go home tonight because I'm sick of hearing her voice.'

But diplomatic Sam has somehow managed to overlook her argumentative side and swifty side-eye and she has made it to the final five, alongside Lana, Heather Maltman, Snezana Markoski and Sarah Mackay.

The Bachelor Australia continues on Wednesday and Thursday at 7.30pm on Network Ten.

2BEF111400000578-3225929-Meow_Eager_Nina_has_shown_off_a_rather_catty_side_on_The_Bachelo-a-3_1441694037776.jpg

+9
    Meow! Eager Nina has shown off a rather catty side on The Bachelor, falling out with no less than four competitors so far, including Bec Chin, Emily Simms, Lana Jeavons-Fellows and Rachel Moore

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Frost-s-Bachelorette-boys.html#ixzz3l84BoQyL
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Especially the "catty side" comment, which goes on to name four girls, 3 of whom (not Lana) were extremely difficult to get along with and no doubt didn't only clash with Nina.

It's funny how every nasty article they write about one of the girls makes me like the girl more

It takes a special kind of guy to be fine in vying for the affection of 1 woman who they don't know from a bar of soap, with another bunch of guys at the same time. No offense to the girl they've chosen but I wouldn't go through all of that to get her to pick me or even a girl I genuinely fancy for that matter. The whole process is just so tacky, it simply ain't worth it.

To be brutally honest this concept is demeaning and I can only imagine that most of the individuals who sign up to win the heart of the 'final prize' do it more for the chance of getting some celeb profile out of it, however fleeting, than actually hoping to find 'love'. At least I hope or they're more effed in the head that I had imagined.
Lol that too but I figure it's more likely to go... "Oh you like her bro, OK I'll step aside " x 12.
There will be some beta guy who might challenge but that's it.
I've noticed on reality tv guys just fall into line with whoever is the alpha.

Considering there's only 14 I think they might have had a shallow well to choose from..
I think Aussie guys might at this stage be a bit leary of the idea of competing for a woman, or even admit they watch The Bachelor to know who she is.
The US franchise has a large population and fan base with lots to choose from.

I think it's mainly this year where it's become okay to admit you watch the show lol

Considering there's only 14 I think they might have had a shallow well to choose from..
I think Aussie guys might at this stage be a bit leary of the idea of competing for a woman, or even admit they watch The Bachelor to know who she is.
The US franchise has a large population and fan base with lots to choose from.

I think it's mainly this year where it's become okay to admit you watch the show lol

I think 95% of the guys on this would either be ones that didn't make the cut for the Bachelor so they were cast in this or those wanting a bit of fame/expand their profile. I know that might sound cynical but the concept is certainly still approached differently by men and women.

Last edited:
I think 95% of the guys on this would either be ones that didn't make the cut for the Bachelor so they were cast in this or those wanting a bit of fame/expand their profile. I know that might sound cynical but the concept is certainly still approached differently by men and women.
Looking at the post show antics and instagram, I'd say the same is true for a lot of the girls that went on the Bachelor. Although I guess these shows kind of attract "show offs" in the first place. I can't think of anything worse than cameras following me on a date or cameras following me full stop.

Looking at the post show antics and instagram, I'd say the same is true for a lot of the girls that went on the Bachelor. Although I guess these shows kind of attract "show offs" in the first place. I can't think of anything worse than cameras following me on a date or cameras following me full stop.

Yeah. Luckily with the girls though even if they initially go on there for the wrong reasons their competitive tendencies always seem to kick in and they end up getting invested in it anyway.

Be interesting to see if it's the same for the guys or if they're just pretty "meh" about the whole thing.

Yeah. Luckily with the girls though even if they initially go on there for the wrong reasons their competitive tendencies always seem to kick in and they end up getting invested in it anyway.

Be interesting to see if it's the same for the guys or if they're just pretty "meh" about the whole thing.

I think it's a bit like when you are at a store and someone has the last say particular dress, all of a sudden it begins to look interesting and now you want to take it out of their hands.

The boys will definitely be interesting to watch as I have never seen a Bachelorette series before.

I wonder if there will be "intruders" later on - 14 men seems a bit low for the first night. The US version starts off with 25 or 6...

Finding self quite excited at the idea of this starting soon! (I am a bottom feeder.)

Hmm... Just realised Frosty's season is only going to run for five weeks, so guess that will just be the 14 that show up initially then.

I wonder if there will be "intruders" later on - 14 men seems a bit low for the first night. The US version starts off with 25 or 6...

Finding self quite excited at the idea of this starting soon! (I am a bottom feeder.)

Hmm... Just realised Frosty's season is only going to run for five weeks, so guess that will just be the 14 that show up initially then.

Girl, 14 in a night is A LOT. Can't blame the good sis for not wanting to overwork herself.

The five weeks sounds good to me though as it's going to be my first attempt at a full season so good to start easy.

Back