Skip to main content

The Bachelorette

Second date kisses with Sasha definitely look more genuine and natural. Been agreeing with this forum that the first one from early in the season looked awkward and was surprised that elsewhere people were saying that it was passionate. Anyway I like Richie but after this date I'm thinking Sam picks Sasha. There was also one moment when she was talking to the camera about him and she looked absolutely radiant and with a twinkle in her eye.

images

Better not let this bachelor get wet!

I have to say - I am liking how (with the exception of David the international model and we don't know about Davey) lovely and dignified these guys have been so far after getting booted - such a change from what we saw earlier this year in The Bachelor.

I don't think it's a girl vs. guy attitude difference, though... more of a casting thing. Having watched the Bachelor NZ, the girls on that show were also really great in this respect. And I think in the NZ one, many of the girls really just saw it as a fun way to meet someone (like speed-dating) and aren't in it for fame - (even though it finished a while ago, putting a spoiler just in case someone might want to belatedly check it out online) -

the number of girls who left as soon as they felt that they didn't see a future with the guy speaks to this.

Watched this late. I thought Sasha said he had some artistic experience. That "mural" was just a kindergarten mess.

I agreed with Dave about the "fun facts" being misused to score sympathy points. He was always going to go next though, especially with the last episode edit he got tonight.

God that was dull. I came home late and watched it, somehow expecting the home visits. Forgot there were still five left. Just what the show needed! A second date with slimy Sash.

That is ridiculous - and probably a world first - that Sam is doing a hometown visit with Michael without every going on a single date with him. It should not be allowed.

That revolting painting was looking a lot better when they paused and I thought it was finished - and then they filled in the blanker spaces with muddy scrawl. Yeesh. All for a good cause, though.

With reference to the NZ Bachelor (above) I am currently watching it on Foxtel and my god it is a far better and more humanly believable show. It is also going on forever.

I live in fear of being spoiled, as it is not obvious to me who the winner will be yet, and I am invested in someone nice winning Art's heart... But I like three out of the final four women.

Total contrast to this Bachette production.

Reactions: Lyf
Dave and his body have left the building... :(

Alex is going next, I don't see the point in taking him to the home town visits. I am actually pretty disappointed they would do this for some reason.

I think sasha wins this. I would prefer Richie, but it's her choice and I do think for her it would be a good choice.

Michael... I don't think he is a bad guy, but he comes across fake to me. The cheesiness with finding a soulmate, really?! Like JG said, judging him big time on that. He most definitely is saying everything Sam wants to hear.

Whether they are able to or not, I do know that women let the computer programming goodship dotcom bubble set sail without noticing. There was an industry there for a while. Have a look at the Apple app store. You can develop an app without leaving your parent's basement and post under a male luckdragon pseudonym if the repression is so bad...but women aren't choosing that. There is no boy's club making men successful there. I'll say it. Women don't want to program. By self choice.

By self choice? Agreed. There are plenty of examples of successful, female entrepreneurship in other industries. Arguably though it’s a function of not enough females “sitting behind keyboards” in the first place and a broader, unresolved image problem: “Not female friendly”, plus lack of mentorship. Sure, if someone wants to do something badly enough, they 'll find a way, but only if the perceived reward substantially outweighs the cost. So although not entirely responsible, I’d say the boys club does have some case to answer. Maybe it’s not an opt-out choice so much as opt-in elsewhere to a more attractive option with lower cost of entry.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is very good with his words.

I think they're all holding back though - I agree Michael seems more calculated with it. That's a massive difference we've seen between the guys and the girls I think.
I have noticed the difference too and wonder if there's a bit more strategy going on.

Dave and his body have left the building... :(

Alex is going next, I don't see the point in taking him to the home town visits. I am actually pretty disappointed they would do this for some reason.

I think sasha wins this. I would prefer Richie, but it's her choice and I do think for her it would be a good choice.

Michael... I don't think he is a bad guy, but he comes across fake to me. The cheesiness with finding a soulmate, really?! Like JG said, judging him big time on that. He most definitely is saying everything Sam wants to hear.
There's always hope that Richie might be the surprise alluded to.

With reference to the NZ Bachelor (above) I am currently watching it on Foxtel and my god it is a far better and more humanly believable show. It is also going on forever.

I live in fear of being spoiled, as it is not obvious to me who the winner will be yet, and I am invested in someone nice winning Art's heart... But I like three out of the final four women.

Total contrast to this Bachette production.

I'm loving NZ Bachelor. The bachelor is also a genuine (and very attractive) guy, made more attractive by his personality. I like 2 of the final 4 girls lol.

I'm loving NZ Bachelor. The bachelor is also a genuine (and very attractive) guy, made more attractive by his personality. I like 2 of the final 4 girls lol.

I probably only really like two, also, but I really really like them, and I like the other one okay!

It's a stark contrast to my feelings for Aus Bachette. Looking forward to those families tonight, bringing a bit of reality into the works. I like that woman who is in the promo and does an evil little 'heh' laugh after she's spoken.

My ratings for the final four:

(1) Richie - should win.

(2) Sasha - more likely Sam's choice. Good luck with that.

(3) Michael - has he had botox??? his face never moves. No single date. I don't know anything real about him. Nothing, whatsoever. Bizarre. Yet she's meeting his family. I don't mind him, however, and she seems partial to him. (Go on a date with him, you madwoman.)

(4) Alex - a decent guy (therefore, what is he doing on this show?? I'd rather he was on Laurina's Bachette that never happened). Sam looks at him as if he landed from Mars, so can't see him going far.

It's all so unromantic. And dull! My god.

I love the degrees of separation... I have one friend who has met Emily (from the recent Bachelor) at a few social gatherings before and another friend of mine has a friend of a friend who went out on a date with Michael.

I think the fact Sam chose to have another single date with Sash over a single date with Michael signals she's more interested in Sash ...

thank god!

I like Sash - he's a blokey bloke BUT can still deal with group dates, single dates & opening up to her ...

Dave just shut down in a group situation or when he was out of his comfort zone ... and when he kept going on about how Sam would have seen the real him if she took him to Darwin ... so ... he's not the real deal when he's anywhere else? By the end of the show I was ready for him to go because he wasn't even trying.

I think the fact Sam chose to have another single date with Sash over a single date with Michael signals she's more interested in Sash ...

thank god!

I like Sash - he's a blokey bloke BUT can still deal with group dates, single dates & opening up to her ...

Dave just shut down in a group situation or when he was out of his comfort zone ... and when he kept going on about how Sam would have seen the real him if she took him to Darwin ... so ... he's not the real deal when he's anywhere else? By the end of the show I was ready for him to go because he wasn't even trying.

I thought Sam and Sash were definitely interested in each other, and not just physically. It was good to hear them get into other things other than the superficial 'having fun' type of thing. He could relate to things she had been through and he couldn't take his eyes off her as far as I can tell. I too would rather her end up with him than Michael (if she didn't pick Richie).

It'll be interesting tonight to see how she gets on with the families. She looks really tongue-tied in the ads.

After tonight, when I'm guessing Alex goes, we'll get down to the real nitty-gritty of how she's feeling.

what's the best its the silver-tongued Michael who tells her he's in love with her tonight?
seems to know all the right things to be saying to push her buttons

ACK!

Back