Skip to main content

The Bachelorette Australia 2018

The ratings are not a reflection on the quality of show.

It was in the 7.30pm timeslot. Still beat the programs on Channel 7 and 9 in the same timeslot. I consider that a win.

Take your negativity elsewhere.

My top 3 :
1. Todd
2. Bill
3. Robert
Don't like anyone else.
The first two are totally wrong for Ali, so maybe Robert wins.

It seems like usually the person who gets a proper make-out session in a cocktail party wins. But also, usually that happens when the season is at least halfway through and more time has been spent together, not in the second episode with someone who hasn't got a single date yet lol. Ali's breaking the typical etiquette rules, maybe they should bring back the "key to a private room" thing just for her? She might be the first Australian to take up that offer. :p

It didn't beat 7, the ABC and 7 both out rated it. Bachelorette was third in its timeslot. Stating facts is not being negative.

I read somewhere that it beat both 7 and 9. Just looked into it myself and just saw Home and Away got a few thousand more.

I’m not saying that stating facts is being negative. What I am saying is that when you come into this thread and only post negative stuff (e.g. oh poor ratings. Why did they cast Ali is Bachelorette) and all that type of crap, it is being negative.

It seems like usually the person who gets a proper make-out session in a cocktail party wins. But also, usually that happens when the season is at least halfway through and more time has been spent together, not in the second episode with someone who hasn't got a single date yet lol. Ali's breaking the typical etiquette rules, maybe they should bring back the "key to a private room" thing just for her? She might be the first Australian to take up that offer. :p

Ali is making the most of her experience. I would do the same thing. 😂

Reactions: Lyf
Ali may be divisive but at least she's not an idiot like the Honey Badger. At least you can understand why people would want to be with her.

They released the books from the photoshoots.

1. A Season of Love
2. A Season of Change
3. A Season of Seduction
4. A Season of Secrets

I wonder if the photoshoots they assigned to each of these books mean anything?

Reactions: Lyf
Pointing out the ratings are bad and she's a pretty uninspiring Bachelorette isn't being negative, it's just stating the obvious

No one asked for your silly opinion... You are just another hater.

If you don't like the show or the lead for that matter, why do you comment in the thread? You like being negative, that's why.

Looks like the Anti-Affable brigade is back in full force. This time attacking both Ali and myself.

I am over it. You call all make your negative comments about Ali, this season, me, whoever else you want. I won't be returning to this thread as some of you members absolutely ruin the whole show for me. If that was your aim, well done. You achieved it.

I hope you continue to post Affable, but if you don't, I hope you enjoy watching the show. I always enjoy your comments and enthusiasm.

I hope you change your mind Affable and continue to post. I agree with @Meglos sentiment. I am not a fan of Ali, but you are the reason I am trying to give her and the season a go

...as Meglos and delcan have said Affable... please don't stop posting in here my friend... your enthusiam and dedication (plus complete shit on the other channels to be completely honest lol!) has hooked me into watching the first two shows that I never intended to watch my friend... you are the magnet to this show mate... you are the reason for me posting in this thread to start with... who knows... if you continue posting in here I may even post more in here myself?... lol!... cheers.

Thanks for your support everyone. Let me clear a few things up about the negativity aspect of this thread.
  1. My anger about negativity in this thread actually started last night. There are members in this thread who think it is acceptable to make comments about peoples features who appear on this show. I do not like that at all. I don't mind where people say "there are unattractive to me". If you go for the whole "Person 1 has too much botox", "Person 2 is creepy Look at their (insert facial feature here)", that's where you cross the line with me. I am not one to degrade a person in such a manner and I am extremely disgusted when I see comments alluding to peoples looks.
  2. If you don't like the show, why are you posting in this thread exactly? "This season has the lowest ratings. Probably because Ali is The Bachelorette". This type of negativity I will never understand. I don't want to see your review of why this season has the lowest ratings.
On these points: I have no idea what satisfaction you get out of trolling this thread by posting comments similar to the ones I have discussed. I am not in this thread to read any negative. I am here to discuss Ali and her lovely guys. If you are going to post negative comments in here, you are unwelcome here by me.

I am not even watching the show but I am lurking and reading the thread cos of your enthusiasm about Ali @Affable :)

Ha ha hey now. Ali is secondary for me. Taite is my primary purpose for watching this show. 😛

Watching the show wouldn't be the same without you @Affable I think it's good that we have someone like you to provide the enthusiasm and the different take to the rest of us. Hope you continue posting as it's more fun watching the show when we all get together to chat about it as well.

Thanks for your support everyone. Let me clear a few things up about the negativity aspect of this thread.
  1. My anger about negativity in this thread actually started last night. There are members in this thread who think it is acceptable to make comments about peoples features who appear on this show. I do not like that at all. I don't mind where people say "there are unattractive to me". If you go for the whole "Person 1 has too much botox", "Person 2 is creepy Look at their (insert facial feature here)", that's where you cross the line with me. I am not one to degrade a person in such a manner and I am extremely disgusted when I see comments alluding to peoples looks.
  2. If you don't like the show, why are you posting in this thread exactly? "This season has the lowest ratings. Probably because Ali is The Bachelorette". This type of negativity I will never understand. I don't want to see your review of why this season has the lowest ratings.
On these points: I have no idea what satisfaction you get out of trolling this thread by posting comments similar to the ones I have discussed. I am not in this thread to read any negative. I am here to discuss Ali and her lovely guys. If you are going to post negative comments in here, you are unwelcome here by me.

Ha ha hey now. Ali is secondary for me. Taite is my primary purpose for watching this show. 😛
Fingers crossed Taite goes a long way!

...fair enough points Affable... I imagine that some or all of your points will be taken on board now?... so I guess that the question is... will you continue to post in here my friend?... afterall... you started this thread so it would be the good ship 'SS Affable' minus it's Captain... so do we all run to the Lifeboats to abandon ship or remain on board my friend?... lol!... cheers.

Back