Skip to main content

The Bachelorette Australia 2018

Watching the show wouldn't be the same without you @Affable I think it's good that we have someone like you to provide the enthusiasm and the different take to the rest of us. Hope you continue posting as it's more fun watching the show when we all get together to chat about it as well.

Thanks Lyf. Not sure if I have necessarily have a different take at the moment. 😁

Fingers crossed Taite goes a long way!

Fingers crossed and hoping for the best. 🙌

...fair enough points Affable... I imagine that some or all of your points will be taken on board now?... so I guess that the question is... will you continue to post in here my friend?... afterall... you started this thread so it would be the good ship 'SS Affable' minus it's Captain... so do we all run to the Lifeboats to abandon ship or remain on board my friend?... lol!... cheers.

I almost forgot about that. Well, I will continue posting for the nice people of the thread. If I see any negative or nasty comments, I will be adding those people to my ignore list in the future.

I will continue to keep the Sweepstakes updated until the end. I will try to post a graphic after every episode but no promises. 😆

Thanks Lyf. Not sure if I have necessarily have a different take at the moment. 😁

Fingers crossed and hoping for the best. 🙌

I almost forgot about that. Well, I will continue posting for the nice people of the thread. If I see any negative or nasty comments, I will be adding those people to my ignore list in the future.

I will continue to keep the Sweepstakes updated until the end. I will try to post a graphic after every episode but no promises. 😆

...ha!... I didn't even think about the effect on the sweep my friend lol!... there was more riding on you coming back than I realised lol!... welcome back Captain... cheers.

...ha!... I didn't even think about the effect on the sweep my friend lol!... there was more riding on you coming back than I realised lol!... welcome back Captain... cheers.

I almost forgot about the sweep honestly, ha ha. Thanks for the welcome back. Must keep sweep going until we get a winner in the end. 👍

Shall I wave goodbye to seeing your posts in the future. 😔

I hate the new emoji's I want the coloured ones back.

Ha ha. Ignore button doesn't work like that Kaz. If you put someone on ignore, you can't see their posts. For example, if I put you on ignore, I would not be able to see your posts but you would be able to see mine unless you put me on ignore. I know all of this by experience. 😉

One thing I like about the new emoji's is that there are more of them.

Ha ha. Ignore button doesn't work like that Kaz. If you put someone on ignore, you can't see their posts. For example, if I put you on ignore, I would not be able to see your posts but you would be able to see mine unless you put me on ignore. I know all of this by experience.

Ok.

I didn't know that. Thanks for that.

Hope you can read my reply. haha

So I have been watching, and I have to say it's been pretty funny so far. Twitter has been on fire as well.

Charlie is Jarrod 2.0. Only I think he's going to be more clingy. They even had a similar date with a similar outcome.

Paddy is the person everyone wants to punch. Obviously the producers picked him for this reason.

If this is Ali taking it slow I would hate to see what her normal pace is. I thought it was a bit disrespectful of the others for her to pash someone at the cocktail party. I don't think I was far from the truth earlier on in the week when I said she was going to fall in love with 5 of the guys and not know who to choose.

Also I didn't believe Grant's story about why they broke up, but after watching the first 2 episodes I can totally see it happening. She seems to have little self control.

Political correctness is going too far. You are allowed to like what you want and be who you are without fear of offending everyone. I love women, but say I was set up on a blind date and it turned out to be a woman, surely I'd be entitled to say it wasn't what i was looking for. By the same token, if I didn't want a relationship with a transgender person, it doesn't mean I HATE transgender people, it just means it's not the kind of relationship I'm looking for!

I agree that people can like what they like and it's fine, but I think there is some merit in pointing out how the production team presented/edited it was a bit questionable, I wasn't outraged but to me it did feel a bit like they were making a joke at the expense of trans people, and making light of the coming out process, which can be difficult for many LGBTQ people.

I agree that people can like what they like and it's fine, but I think there is some merit in pointing out how the production team presented/edited it was a bit questionable, I wasn't outraged but to me it did feel a bit like they were making a joke at the expense of trans people, and making light of the coming out process, which can be difficult for many LGBTQ people.

It is a sensitive subject, but I didn't feel it was mean-spirited. The article also references Brooke (in the honey badger season) coming out as having relationships with women, and thinks that is exploitative too, whereas I just took it as something Brooke wanted to share in the name of honesty, and was no big deal.

When people ask Ali if she is in love, she replies with "I'm really happy and at peace at the moment"... Why doesn't she answer the question directly? 😂

...she sometimes makes me think that she doesn't want to commit herself and just say that she is in love so as to milk the interest in her from the media just a little bit longer and ensuring that everyone will watch her season until the final episode... does she want a man for a husband or just as a security blanket of sorts?... only she knows... that article earlier that said she is planning her marriage already seems really suss to me... maybe she likes the chase but not to be finally caught?... either way I'm pretty sure that everyone will have to watch the last episode of her season to find out regardless somehow...

...good on her for being aloof to the media... this is her time to enjoy her season... let her enjoy it... she should continue what she's doing and just revel in the attention while she can... anyway... what would an old fart like me know what a young woman is thinking?... perhaps I should shut up now methinks!... afterall... I've been with my sweet darling wife for 42 years now and still can never figure what she's thinking most times so what would I know?... lol!... cheers.

...she sometimes makes me think that she doesn't want to commit herself and just say that she is in love so as to milk the interest in her from the media just a little bit longer and ensuring that everyone will watch her season until the final episode... does she want a man for a husband or just as a security blanket of sorts?... only she knows... that article earlier that said she is planning her marriage already seems really suss to me... maybe she likes the chase but not to be finally caught?... either way I'm pretty sure that everyone will have to watch the last episode of her season to find out regardless somehow...

...good on her for being aloof to the media... this is her time to enjoy her season... let her enjoy it... she should continue what she's doing and just revel in the attention while she can... anyway... what would an old fart like me know what a young woman is thinking?... perhaps I should shut up now methinks!... afterall... I've been with my sweet darling wife for 42 years now and still can never figure what she's thinking most times so what would I know?... lol!... cheers.

I am unsure about it. I see her being in love by the end of it... They are asking the question in the present tense. "Are you in love?" and she replied "I am happy and I am peaceful at the moment". Doesn't sound very convincing to me. I wonder if it is a possibility that her and her winner broke up after the season concluded? If not, I believe that she probably would be planning to get married. She seems the type to move quickly, ha ha. I just wonder if she would move interstate to be with her winner, whether her winner will move or whether the long distance won't work for them? Too many situations.

I am unsure about it. I see her being in love by the end of it... They are asking the question in the present tense. "Are you in love?" and she replied "I am happy and I am peaceful at the moment". Doesn't sound very convincing to me. I wonder if it is a possibility that her and her winner broke up after the season concluded? If not, I believe that she probably would be planning to get married. She seems the type to move quickly, ha ha. I just wonder if she would move interstate to be with her winner, whether her winner will move or whether the long distance won't work for them? Too many situations.

...as I said before Affable... "good on her for being aloof to the media... this is her time to enjoy her season... let her enjoy it... she should continue what she's doing and just revel in the attention while she can"... whether she is in love or not... as with the honey badger she should just let her heart play the situation out... if she has found love and does get married to the man of her dreams good on her... if like Nick she goes "meh!... thanks but no thanks!" good on her too... it's her life... it's her decision... besides... if they do break up then she will have other guys chasing her either on or off camera so she has all the time in the world to find eventual happiness... she should just live and love to suit her own needs until she eventually finds love regardless methinks!... cheers.

...as I said before Affable... "good on her for being aloof to the media... this is her time to enjoy her season... let her enjoy it... she should continue what she's doing and just revel in the attention while she can"... whether she is in love or not... as with the honey badger she should just let her heart play the situation out... if she has found love and does get married to the man of her dreams good on her... if like Nick she goes "meh!... thanks but no thanks!" good on her too... it's her life... it's her decision... besides... if they do break up then she will have other guys chasing her either on or off camera so she has all the time in the world to find eventual happiness... she should just live and love to suit her own needs until she eventually finds love regardless methinks!... cheers.

I hope she finds love. She deserves it.

As long as she isn't as douchy and disrespectful to the guys as nick was to the women in social media posts and interviews, which it certainly sounds like she isn't being, then she is already the winner in the long run. If she doesn't find her man of her dreams in this show at least not everyone will be turned off her.

That one of the guys doesn’t go by his original name isn’t in itself worth mentioning. The producers decided to turn it into a trans scare moment. But these are the producers who struggle with the concept of interracial dating, what would you expect from them on trans dating?

Back