Skip to main content

The Bachelorette Australia 2016

Except Richie has the hots for Alex, the whole way through. So I figured he'd pick her. All I got with Lee and Georgia were dad jokes.
Yeah, I figured Alex too for the chemistry (Didn't that choice create a lot of outrage on SM lol). I wasn't getting the chemistry between Lee and Georgia either, last night... but 'Daddy' gave a big bit away in my view.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/10/bachelorette-limping-to-the-finish-line.html

Bachelorette limping to the finish line

The Bachelorette rose by 105,000 compared to last Wednesday to finish with 697,000 -but frankly it is well off the pace of where it should be for a penultimate episode.

A year ago it was sitting at 1.27m for the equivalent episode. The show did manage a win in 16-39 demos but there’s no escaping that Georgia Love has not resonated in the same way as Sam Frost. The show was again beaten by The Block on 910,000, but bettered Beach Cops and Highway Patrol.

Ten managed Georgia's reputation very carefully through this imo. Better than with Richie and a few of the others.

Also, I noticed Dr. Love's ears look a bit low...........maybe his scalpel escaped to higher altitude...briefly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other mag I skimmed in the shops said she was doing the whole thing for her career, had been in touch with her cop boyfriend the whole way through, and her family thought neither guy was good enough for her! Who the hell knows what is truth.

I can't believe I care! Matty J for Bachelor!

That's all they are good for supermarket skimming, and waiting rooms.

Once upon our grannies time we had proper magazines.
Now all we have are trash, so fantastic the lies I can't believe they still sell.
I am old enough to remember there was a trash paper/mag, called the Truth I think.
And that was accepted as a joke, now they are all the same level as that.

But anyway, why buy when you can just go online for better stuff.

Night all it has a been fun sort of...

If Matty does it, he will be a star Bachelor, far better than the rest, he has wit & style as well as being a sweet guy, be happy he & she did not suit, she looks right with Lee, both a bit drab, conservative.

Geez, what a cow. "My feelings for you have grown and grown. I've fallen in love! .... WITH SOMEONE ELSE" o_O

Poor Matty J. but you probably dodged a bullet in the long run.

The whole premise of these shows is off once you get down to a few contestants who have actually been hooked (but I love to watch anyway) but I thought tonight's was particularly cruel. I thought Georgia's response to Matty's declaration of love was indicative that she felt the same. I know they have to be careful not to give the game away but I would have been quite confident after that conversation if I was Matty.

And then her break up speech was dreadful! As you said @Meglos. I was sure he was getting the winner speech and then slam-dunk!

The whole premise of these shows is off once you get down to a few contestants who have actually been hooked (but I love to watch anyway) but I thought tonight's was particularly cruel. I thought Georgia's response to Matty's declaration of love was indicative that she felt the same. I know they have to be careful not to give the game away but I would have been quite confident after that conversation if I was Matty.

And then her break up speech was dreadful! As you said @Meglos. I was sure he was getting the winner speech and then slam-dunk!

Yes, it was very harsh. The premise of the show means that hearts will get broken, but Georgia could have worded it better.

I like it better when they are fake & creepy
Matt was the most real person I have seen on this genre show, haven't seen too much though.

Jazz Bell ‏@JazzDBell 2h2 hours ago
Matty 100% next @TheBachelorAU! #BacheloretteAU

Tully Smyth ‏@tee_smyth 2h2 hours ago
Yo Matty, you said you want kids like, now right? I'm keen.
1f60f.png
@BacheloretteAU

Tully Smyth ‏@tee_smyth 2h2 hours ago
I didn't think it was possible but this is more gut wrenching than when Nikki lost.... @BacheloretteAU

Jason Roses‏@RosesJason
Matty forget her I'll give you a night to remember ;) #BacheloretteAU @TheBachelorAU

Aisha Jade ‏@Aisha_Jade 2h2 hours ago
That was HEARTBREAKING #BacheloretteAU

Michael BeveridgeVerified account ‏@mickyb273 2h2 hours ago
I want to love love & I want her to be happy but also she's wrong and dumb and Lee is a mannequin that learnt to walk WHYYY #BacheloretteAU

Last edited:
'I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you!' Lee WINS Georgia's heart as she reveals she's fallen 'in love' with him in a dramatic Bachelorette season finale...which left Matty J heartbroken
By BIANCA LA CIOPPA FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 20:58 +11:00, 27 October 2016 | UPDATED: 23:02 +11:00, 27 October 2016

She started off dating 18 eligible Bachelors last month.

And on Thursday, Georgia Love revealed she had fallen in love with Lee Elliott as she picked him as her final rose receiver in a dramatic Bachelorette finale, which left Matty Johnson heartbroken.

During the emotional ceremony, which was filmed in Singapore, the 28-year-old confessed: 'Everything has led me to this moment. I'm absolutely in love with Lee. He makes me feel special.'

39C4FC6F00000578-3877376-Finale_Georgia_Love_revealed_she_had_fallen_in_love_with_Lee_Ell-m-76_1477564848737.jpg

Finale: Georgia Love revealed she had fallen in love with Lee Elliott as she picked him as her final rose receiver in a dramatic Bachelorette finale that left Matty Johnson heartbroken

'He's fun, he makes me excited for the future and he makes me laugh more than anyone ever has. When Lee told me he loved me...that was the happiest moment of my life,' she continued.

As she held hands with the hunk, Georgia went on to confess: 'There's always been something in my life that's just not quite there..and that's love.

'I've wanted to find someone to complete me. I've been looking for that unique story and that unique someone,' she continued.

39C4FD6B00000578-3877376-In_love_During_the_ceremony_the_28_year_old_confessed_Everything-m-78_1477564883206.jpg

+10
In love: During the ceremony, the 28-year-old confessed: 'Everything has led me to this moment. I'm absolutely in love with Lee. He makes me feel special'

39C5119900000578-3877376-image-a-72_1477564149800.jpg

+10
Head over heels: As she held hands with the hunk, Georgia went on to confess: ' There's always been something in my life that's just not quite there..and that's love'

'You make me laugh and you make me happy and you make me excited for the future. And you make me want to take on anything and everything. I have fallen so madly in love with you.'

Earlier in the episode, Lee told Georgia he had fallen in love with her as they enjoyed their final filmed single date.

While enjoying a night swim, he said: 'This moment couldn't possibly be any more perfect...There's been something I've wanted to tell you all day.

39C4FC6300000578-3877376-Looking_into_the_future_She_continued_to_say_I_have_fallen_so_ma-m-79_1477564894570.jpg

Looking into the future: She continued to say, 'I have fallen so madly in love with you,' as she went in for a kiss

39C51A6B00000578-3877376-Heart_broken_The_news_of_Georgia_being_in_love_with_Lee_broke_th-m-77_1477564869626.jpg

Heart broken: The news of Georgia being in love with Lee broke the heart of runner-up, Matty Johnson

'You know, I have so fallen in love with you. I don’t want to go home without you. I no longer can see a future without you,' he concluded before Georgia pulled him closer to share a passionate kiss.

The night earlier, he admitted to Georgia he could 'see a future' with her after the show.

During Wednesday's episode, Lee revealed: 'I can honestly see a future together. That in the past perhaps used to scare me, but now I couldn't be more excited about thinking about it.'

39C3924B00000578-3877376-How_he_feels_Earlier_in_the_episode_Lee_told_Georgia_he_had_fall-m-80_1477564908770.jpg

+10
How he feels: Earlier in the episode, Lee told Georgia he had fallen in love with her

39C5116900000578-3877376-image-a-74_1477564185217.jpg

Letting it out: While enjoying a night swim, he said: 'There's been something I've wanted to tell you all day. I have fallen in love with you. I don’t want to go home without you'

He also told her: 'Our connection is far deeper, I feel, you know, and far more real than just living in the same state together,' he continued.

'I love thinking we we could start a life together in Melbourne and end up...wherever.'

In his piece to camera, he admitted: 'The feelings I have for Georgia are.. You know, I was going to say I have not felt in a long time, but to be honest, I've not felt ever before.'

39BAB65400000578-3877376-Looking_forward_The_confession_of_Georgia_s_love_for_Lee_comes_a-m-42_1477551234348.jpg

Looking forward: The night earlier, he admitted to Georgia he could 'see a future' with her after the show

39BAB67F00000578-3877376-IN_touch_During_Wednesday_s_episode_he_revealed_I_can_honestly_s-m-43_1477551276529.jpg

In touch: In his piece to camera, he admitted: 'The feelings I have for Georgia are.. You know, I was going to say I have not felt in a long time, but to be honest, I've not felt ever before'

But while Georgia fell head over heels for Lee, her sister wasn't too impressed by the lad after they met during the finale in Singapore.

During the grand finale, Katie confessed: 'The vibe that I did get from him was he's very smooth. I get the impression he's saying the right things.

'He knows that he's saying the right things. Saying the things that he thinks we want to hear,saying the right things for this type of situation.

'I think she might be getting a bit swept up with Lee. I think I have been able to call a bad egg out in the past. I don't want to see her getting swept up and then let down again,' she continued.

39C3924F00000578-3877512-But_Katie_confessed_in_her_piece_to_camera_The_vibe_that_I_did_g-m-94_1477565358700.jpg

+10
Not happy: During the grand finale, Georgia's sister Katie confessed: 'The vibe that I did get from him was he's very smooth. I get the impression he's saying the right things'

39C3B09400000578-3877512-To_give_herself_a_chance_to_get_to_know_Lee_Katie_pulled_him_asi-m-93_1477565348816.jpg

Tough: She continued: 'I think I have been able to call a bad egg out in the past. I don't want to see her getting swept up and then let down again'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Matty-Johnson-heartbroken.html#ixzz4OI21IcHO

Matty is freeeeeeee! I think Matty probably needs someone more FUN than Georgia. She's going to go all hardcore serious on Lee, you can tell. His life as he knows it is OVER. He's arm candy now.

Anyway, Matty reminds me heaps of Richie, you know, before cool bananas Richie went and effed it all up. If Matty is not the next awkies Bach, well......stuff them!

Anything he can do I can do better! Rhys Chilton poses NAKED and straddles a stool as he mimics Bachelorette rival Sam Johnston's famous snap
By MONIQUE FRIEDLANDER FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 16:34 +11:00, 27 October 2016 | UPDATED: 18:48 +11:00, 27 October 2016

Their tit-for-tat rivalry played out on The Bachelorette as Rhys Chilton butted heads with fellow model Sam Johnston.

And Rhys seems to have raised the stakes by uploading a nude photo of himself straddling a stool- just like Sam did in his famous 'furniture' photo-shoot.

Oiled up and wearing nothing but a stern expression, the muscle-bound reality star's photo made sure to imitate Sam down to the last detail.

39C25C3700000578-0-image-a-1_1477542125508.jpg

Break the internet! Rhys Chilton stripped down, oiled up and straddled a stool for the sake of humour this Thursday when he uploaded a very racy photo that mimicked Bachelorette rival Sam Johnston's famous snap

Rhys made sure to wrap his legs around the stainless steel leg of the chair, while keeping a firm grip on it's curved back.

The masterful photographer behind the side-splitting image, Brisbane-based artist Joel Devereux, also managed to capture the same green-hued tone and lighting style present in Sam's photo.

In the caption, he joked: 'So I just got my new stools delivered from @freedom_australia but I've no idea how to use them... is this right @samuelrjohnston? The amazing @devereuxxo (who enjoyed oiling me up waaay too much).

39C259BF00000578-0-image-a-4_1477542784643.jpg

+4
Double take! The masterful photographer behind the side-splitting image, Brisbane-based artist Joel Devereux , also managed to capture the same green-hued tone and lighting style present in Sam's photo

39AE54A400000578-3877080-image-a-21_1477543913819.jpg

+4
A model troller? 'I would definitely not consider myself a fine a** model,'he joked, adding: 'I would consider myself an ultimate troller'

Speaking exclusively to Daily Mail Australia on Thursday, Rhys explained that he shot the copycat photograph as a memento to Sam, who is signed to prestigious agency Chadwick models.

'I feel Sam copped some flack from the media and the audience in general when he was just doing his job, being a fine a** model!' Rhys explained.

'I would definitely not consider myself a fine a** model,'he joked, adding: 'I would consider myself an ultimate troller.'

399A1D3300000578-3877080-image-a-20_1477543790234.jpg

+4
Tongue-in-cheek: When quizzed about his current relationship with his on-screen rival Sam, the hunky entrepreneur assured fans: 'Clearly its full of banter, but isn't that what friendships are built on?'

399945C600000578-0-image-m-11_1477542895708.jpg

39C25E8700000578-0-image-a-12_1477542905336.jpg

What will he do next? Earlier this week, Rhys took a cheeky swipe at Megan Marx and Tiffany Scanlon, of Bachelor fame, by mimicking a recent bedroom photo depicting the girls playfully wrestling in their lingerie

When quizzed about his current relationship with his on-screen rival Sam, the hunky entrepreneur assured fans: 'Clearly its full of banter, but isn't that what friendships are built on?'

It's not the first time the self-described 'ultimate smarta**' has poked fun at fellow reality stars by mimicking their social media posts.

Earlier this week, Rhys took a cheeky swipe at The Bachelor's Megan Marx and Tiffany Scanlon, who recently began dating, by mimicking a recent bedroom photo depicting the girls playfully wrestling in their lingerie.

In Rhys' homage, which was shared to his Instagram page, he and fellow Bachelorette hunk Tommy Saggus are seen posing in nothing but underpants as they perform the same gravity defying wrestling move as seen in Megan and Tiffany's photo.

He subsequently uploaded another Instagram snap, this time mimicking another one of Megan and Tiffany's bed-bound lingerie snaps.

39C2759000000578-3877080-image-m-18_1477543570902.jpg

39C270DE00000578-3877080-He_subsequently_uploaded_another_Instagram_snap_this_time_mimick-a-19_1477543588287.jpg

What would Georgia Love say? He subsequently uploaded another Instagram snap, this time mimicking another one of Megan and Tiffany's bed-bound lingerie snaps

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Sam-Johnston-s-famous-snap.html#ixzz4OIBJ1esg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Oh, poor Matty!! :( :( :(

But Georgia and Lee do look so happy together in the end. Like really really happy, especially Lee (obviously, since he's been kept in suspense all this time and now he's got this fantastically overwhelming sense of relief). I think they should have focused a bit more on their story throughout the series, almost feels like I saw more chemistry in those last couple of minutes than I did the entire show.

Still maintain that Courtney should have been the runner-up. Yeah, sure, people would be upset about her getting rid of Cameron and Matty J before Courtney, but come finale time, everyone would have wanted so badly for her to reject Courtney and choose Lee, that she would have redeemed herself, and all would have been forgiven... :p

Back