Skip to main content

The Bachelor Australia 2015

$50k on a ring?! Are they joking?!
probably not - and the minute the ring walked out of the store it devalued rapidly ... just like a car does ...

I guess he can afford it - and hopefully the store/designer negotiated a great deal for the free publicity it will get them ...

regardless ~ the price of a ring doesn't equate with any guarantees of any relationship lasting

even if my relationship was started on a reality tv show I would really want details on a ring and its value kept under wraps ... it makes it a bit 'icky' somehow ...and you'd think the company could just state "undisclosed price" - let the mags etc speculate but no details other than description should come from the company

So, I found out about this engagement from my sister in law while over for dinner at the in laws... I admit I am surprised. I don't know how this will work because I didn't realise they even lived with one another yet. Not that you need to live with someone to see how it works, but given their circumstance... Just surprised, that's all

I agree, the size of a ring doesn't equate to a long standing relationship. But if they have the money then why not I guess. Hopefully there's insurance on that thing though.

Man, that 50k would be so awesome for our mortgage.

I love my engagement ring and wedding band. Even if I had the choice to upgrade and get bigger, I never would. Not that I think my diamond should be bigger, I think it's decent and perfect. I love it! Truly love it! The fact is when I was given the ring, I knew nothing about the size , clarity, colour and whatever other jazz. Even now with the knowledge of it, it makes little difference to me. Tbh, as pretty as I thought my ring looked, I was so caught up by the surprise proposal and the beauty that it was that I hardly was able to take notice of it initially. The ring was the bonus. The guy that gave it to me was my everything.

There's just too much pressure these days with getting the big ring I think the romance novelty is being forced in a material sense. So whilst I may say, why not spend big if the money is there, I can't help but feel why was there a reason to mention the size of the ring to begin with? I guess feeling pretty pleased and proud of it is a typical response. I guess for me I want to hear the proposal and listen to the reaction of the couple. There's just a little more beauty in that part for me

50k for the ring ... lots more k for the big fat macedonian wedding but probably covered by the money Woeful Day will pay for photos ... yep that pesky ole mortgage would take a nosedive for that

So many of my friends are obsessed with their massive engagement rings, they are eye catching but their obsession is clearly centred around the fact that big diamond = money and it's a status symbol. Half of their relationships don't even seem that good.

Of course it's Sam and Snez's life and presumably their money and hence none of my business, it just seems like an exorbitant amount to spend.

I'm not a good person to comment here as I am engaged and have been for a while but still have no ring, it feels like a small waste of money for me personally, the whole diamond engagement thing started out as a marketing campaign anyway.

Sorry, tangent over...

I'm with you on this - also the megaspends on weddings ... and birthday parties for children who are too young to even appreciate the party so why??? the old keeping up with the Jones' thing ...

I get that some have money to burn - and good on them for that - its just that its such a frivilous way to waste money ...

anyone who gets caught up in comparisons with other people and trying to keep up or outdo others is never going to be happy.

Remember Zilda of the humungous boobs - one of the first contestants to be elimatinated. She recently had a reduction down to DD from FF ... but the only time you hear/see anything about her its because she's got her newly reduced DD's front and forward and out there - she's still just all about the boobs ...

Very excited. The Bach US most recent season (season 20) is going to air on 9Life on Tuesday January 5th at 8.30 pm. That will get me through the summer nicely! I hate this time of year, hot, crowded, and shit TV.

Very excited. The Bach US most recent season (season 20) is going to air on 9Life on Tuesday January 5th at 8.30 pm. That will get me through the summer nicely! I hate this time of year, hot, crowded, and shit TV.

I didn't know that! I'm away on holidays then, hopefully I'll remember.

ohhhh ICK ICK ICK - total sell outs - who would have guessed it!?
this COULD be all total BS (look at the "source") buttttt I can see this happening ...

Sam Wood and Snezana Markoski to 'tie the knot' in very first Bachelor Australia televised wedding and will pocket a 'six-figure pay check' in TV deal

They sent fans into a frenzy when they announced their engagement just last week.

Now Sam Wood and Snezana Markosi will share their nuptials with the whole of Australia, according to Woeful Day magazine

The magazine claims the couple are planning a 'million dollar wedding' that will be aired on one of the major TV networks, most likely Channel 10, next year ahead. ahead? I'm guessing ahead of the broadcast of the next Bachelor series .. way to drum up more business ... and way to get someone else to pay for your extravagant showy wedding ...

It is said that the pair will also pocket a tidy 'six-figure pay check' in the TV deal.

'Nearly 1.9 million Australians tuned in to see Sam declare his love for Snezana and we would welcome the chance to work with the couple again. We wish them every happiness,' Ten said in a statement to the publication.

Sam and Snezana announced their engagement last week, with Sam posting a picture of the stunning diamond engagement ring he proposed to Snez with on his Instagram page.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald
In a caption alongside it, he wrote: 'She said YES! When you know, you know. I love you Snezana ❤️❤️❤️'

According to the Sydney Morning Heraalthe hunky personal trainer arranged the stunning diamond ring just one week before popping the question.

'We actually had a whole team of people working on it through the night,' celebrity jeweller Carson Wolf told the publication.

The Executive manager at Melbourne's Bensimon Diamonds, famous for Nicole Trunfio and Whitney Port's engagement rings, refused to comment on the exact price of the ring, but SMH estimates the value to be $50,000.

Carson did admit however to working on the bespoke beauty with The Bachelor, after the 35-year-old came to them for help on the perfect rock for his perfect lady.

'Sam knew exactly what he wanted. He came armed with imagery on his phone. He knew in his head what he wanted. It is his vision,' he added of the platinum, princess cut halo design, hand-crafted with two carats of diamonds.'

With Snezana apparently none-the-wiser to the upcoming proposal, and to avoid being seen by paparazzi, it's understood Sam met with jeweller Ron Bensimon himself, at the Crown hotel.

Sam, Ron and Carson met in a 'secret room' with multiple entrances so they weren't seen together, ruining the surprise.

However, hours after the proposal, Bensimon Jewellers took to their Instagram page to share the photo of the ring on Snezana's hand, confirming their work: 'It was such a great pleasure to work with @samjameswood on this engagement ring for his stunning fiancée @snezanamarkoski,

'Wishing Sam, Snez and Eve a lifetime of happiness,' they wrote next to a shot of the sparkler.

The couple met and fell in love on the reality TV show The Bachelor, with Sam falling for the single mother-of-one almost instantly.

Despite their long distance romance the pair have been almost inseparable in the six months since filming of the show finished and have been enjoying plenty of family time with Snezana's ten-year-old daughter Eve.

The romantic proposal took place during the trio's first family holiday to Sam's hometown of Tasmania, where the personal trainer introduced Eve to his family.

this COULD be all total BS (look at the "source") buttttt I can see this happening ...

Sam Wood and Snezana Markoski to 'tie the knot' in very first Bachelor Australia televised wedding and will pocket a 'six-figure pay check' in TV deal

They sent fans into a frenzy when they announced their engagement just last week.

Now Sam Wood and Snezana Markosi will share their nuptials with the whole of Australia, according to Woeful Day magazine

The magazine claims the couple are planning a 'million dollar wedding' that will be aired on one of the major TV networks, most likely Channel 10, next year ahead. ahead? I'm guessing ahead of the broadcast of the next Bachelor series .. way to drum up more business ... and way to get someone else to pay for your extravagant showy wedding ...

It is said that the pair will also pocket a tidy 'six-figure pay check' in the TV deal.

'Nearly 1.9 million Australians tuned in to see Sam declare his love for Snezana and we would welcome the chance to work with the couple again. We wish them every happiness,' Ten said in a statement to the publication.

Sam and Snezana announced their engagement last week, with Sam posting a picture of the stunning diamond engagement ring he proposed to Snez with on his Instagram page.

In a caption alongside it, he wrote: 'She said YES! When you know, you know. I love you Snezana ❤️❤️❤️'

According to the Sydney Morning Heraalthe hunky personal trainer arranged the stunning diamond ring just one week before popping the question.

'We actually had a whole team of people working on it through the night,' celebrity jeweller Carson Wolf told the publication.

The Executive manager at Melbourne's Bensimon Diamonds, famous for Nicole Trunfio and Whitney Port's engagement rings, refused to comment on the exact price of the ring, but SMH estimates the value to be $50,000.

Carson did admit however to working on the bespoke beauty with The Bachelor, after the 35-year-old came to them for help on the perfect rock for his perfect lady.

'Sam knew exactly what he wanted. He came armed with imagery on his phone. He knew in his head what he wanted. It is his vision,' he added of the platinum, princess cut halo design, hand-crafted with two carats of diamonds.'

With Snezana apparently none-the-wiser to the upcoming proposal, and to avoid being seen by paparazzi, it's understood Sam met with jeweller Ron Bensimon himself, at the Crown hotel.

Sam, Ron and Carson met in a 'secret room' with multiple entrances so they weren't seen together, ruining the surprise.

However, hours after the proposal, Bensimon Jewellers took to their Instagram page to share the photo of the ring on Snezana's hand, confirming their work: 'It was such a great pleasure to work with @samjameswood on this engagement ring for his stunning fiancée @snezanamarkoski,

'Wishing Sam, Snez and Eve a lifetime of happiness,' they wrote next to a shot of the sparkler.

The couple met and fell in love on the reality TV show The Bachelor, with Sam falling for the single mother-of-one almost instantly.

Despite their long distance romance the pair have been almost inseparable in the six months since filming of the show finished and have been enjoying plenty of family time with Snezana's ten-year-old daughter Eve.

The romantic proposal took place during the trio's first family holiday to Sam's hometown of Tasmania, where the personal trainer introduced Eve to his family.

Ugh, sadly I can picture this happening 100%.

I think I predicted this on several occasions.

I'm hoping it's just WD magazine being wrong for the 50th time this month.
I mean, surely they would sort their living situation out before jumping right in to the wedding.
They seem really happy with each other

BUT

Even though he probably needs to get money back from that ring which he either bought or was subsidised by channel 10 to buy in .. comes a time where some stuff needs to be private. After a certain time living together.

Then again someone I work with was going over to his birth country India to "meet his wife" so who am I to say the right way of going about things!

I'm hoping it's just WD magazine being wrong for the 50th time this month.
I mean, surely they would sort their living situation out before jumping right in to the wedding.
They seem really happy with each other

BUT

Even though he probably needs to get money back from that ring which he either bought or was subsidised by channel 10 to buy in .. comes a time where some stuff needs to be private. After a certain time living together.

Then again someone I work with was going over to his birth country India to "meet his wife" so who am I to say the right way of going about things!
True ... But Eve has to be a huge consideration in all of this and having not even lived as a family unit yet how can they truly know that this relationship will ultimately work

You'd think also that Channel 10 would never get involved with a wedding in a huge way as there's the risk that down the track they might divorce making a big extravagant wedding into a farce ... And further tarnish the brand ... Wasn't one farce enough?

Anyway good luck to them ... Personally think it's a tacky idea and hope Woeful Day is full of crap as per usual ;)

Back