Skip to main content

The Bachelor Australia 2015

Interesting - I got the impression last night when I saw Lana's comment on a picture of Heather that she and Heather got along.
The fact she sees Sarah as a threat has me wondering though I must admit!

Sam and sweet Sarah's :angelic: date and kiss was the best thing i have ever seen on a reality tv show since Cat confessed her feelings to Lawson on the hamster wheel. It was just ever so magical and sweet!

Lol at Emily. I have never seen someone be so wrong so often. It was so funny to watch her say something in the confessionals then the complete opposite happening in the show. You know, i could say something about vulnerability and all that. But sometimes a bitch is just a bitch.

Rachel is as forgettable as her predecessor. Lana seems nice. Got that doe eyed look going on, but also had that natural conversation flow with Sam. That contrasted with Rachel who seemed to be playing twenty questions with him.
I wonder if sarah has a great voice

Rachel, at least at this stage, seems like a nice girl...awkward and has rbf but a decent girl.
I noticed when Nina got the rose she straight away put her arm around her, she seems quite kind.
As much as her hair needs a good condition, I hope people aren't too harsh on her.

So I am reading back and Nina and Snez have private Instagram accounts. Is this recent or have they always been private?

My highlights last night were Rachel talking about the exclusive and glamorous access she gets as a food blogger...while being shown ordering a meal from a street cafe, and Emily's clutching at straws excuse about being exhausted dying her hair smokescreen attempt when flustered. Rachel is a strange case, as she does look 20 times bitchier than she is. As much as she is Dina Lohan's twin, she reminds me if Cruella de Vil also.

fct_5c5bc1a873c78de.jpg
Rachel#2 comes across as a total BS artist ... she probably BS'd her way into things in LA for a while but she obviously wasn't able to support herself financially over there (or she'd still be there living her great life) and her great well-known "friends" weren't about to support her ... so she's back here trying to get back on her feet. There is more to food blogging that snapping a few photos ...
Her modelling shoot ... looks very amateurish and ... well ... awful to be straight with you
I cannot see Sam being interested in her past a first group date ... I don't think he'd waste a precious single date on her
The group date with kids and sports I think will be her undoing ...

I think it's time for the media to stop classifying Lana as "Laura Dundovic's close friend".
Who she's friends with doesn't mean anything at this point.
Let her be herself, not just someone's friend.
plus she was Laura's friend from school days apparently ... so its just not a case of her knowing someone famous and latching on to them

I DO however believe Laura was her "IN" to getting onto the show - especially since 1. never watched it 2. has no clue what she'd signed up for 3. never auditioned (so they plucked her out of thin air??)

is there a sign up sheet for I WANNA BE ON A REALITY TV SHOW someplace they put their names on and then its a lucky dip as to which one you get on? lol

plus she was Laura's friend from school days apparently ... so its just not a case of her knowing someone famous and latching on to them

I DO however believe Laura was her "IN" to getting onto the show - especially since 1. never watched it 2. has no clue what she'd signed up for 3. never auditioned (so they plucked her out of thin air??)

is there a sign up sheet for I WANNA BE ON A REALITY TV SHOW someplace they put their names on and then its a lucky dip as to which one you get on? lol

I read somewhere else a couple of weeks ago (the date and whereabouts of which are beyond my short-term memory functionality) that she'd applied for another dating show?

I don't think we can judge Lana when Sam applied for TBL and also was a Bachelor reject from last year's applications!

One of the many, many tabloids, early on I can't remember which lol.
Point is, anyone and everyone on a show like this can be called famewhorish, anyone in reality tv.

I just asked because I'd been reading something the complete opposite. Him saying he applied this year not thinking he was going to get it and didn't watch last year's with Blake.
I agree though, just because people have done things or have aspirations in the reality spotlight doesn't mean that they're not there for the right reasons. It's not everyone who'd be comfortable with having it all played out in public, as well as being in that situation to begin with.

Emily Simms reveals she’s been banned from doing interviews about The Bachelor
http://heraldsun.com.au/entertainme...out-the-bachelor/story-fni0cjvk-1227500834842

CONTROVERSIAL Bachelorette Emily Simms says she has been banned from doing interviews by Channel 10 because of her honesty about the reality TV show.

The 31-year-old, who walked out of last night’s rose ceremony, was contacted by KIIS FM’s Kyle and Jackie O despite the ban and was asked why media weren’t allowed to speak with her.

“Why do you think I’m not allowed to do interviews?” Emily said, to which Jackie replied: “I think it’s because you’re being honest about what goes on behind the scenes and they're not liking it.”

Emily agreed with the pair’s assessment, saying: “Obviously I’m not meant to be saying too much but yeah, you’re spot on. People don’t seem to like honesty sometimes.

“I’ve been told that I’ve been outspoken and I don’t think I’ve been outspoken. I am who I am and it is annoying to see things out there about me that plain and simply are untrue and I probably do have a very strong urge to defend myself and defend my loved ones which sometimes backfires.”

News.com.au also requested an interview with Emily through Channel 10, but it was declined.

Emily walked off the show last night after a confrontational discussion with Sam in which he described her as being “uptight” and “highly strung”.

“I actually am so confused by most of what I’ve seen now come out of Sam’s mouth. At the time, yes, I was baffled, but other things he said, I was like ‘hang on a minute, that is not how I felt that he felt’ and I think I’m pretty cluey, you can tell if someone’s into you or not. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out.”

She also said some of the drama might have been because she drank too much on the night.

“I’m very glad I walked when I did, I think I’d reached my limit. Watching that last night, I was very, very drunk in that. I was slurring my words in the car on the way back.”

Emily said she was “hurt” by how she was portrayed on the show and said her family and friends were sad to see how upset she was over being portrayed as a “villain”.

“It hasn’t been great but I understand that a reality show does have its characters. I’m confused as to why I was chosen for that character because I was the person I actually am and the person that they know I actually am so I am confused and I am definitely hurt by that, but you’ve got to laugh at it now.”

Emily also reiterated her feelings about Nina, saying she wasn’t a “big fan” because there were things that happened in the house that “didn’t sit well” with her.

Emily and Bec — who also left of her own accord last night — have been holidaying in Bali together, with Emily saying she felt producers twisted the way Bec left the show to look like it was more of Sam’s decision, rather than it being a mutual decision between the two of them.

The Melburnian said she was “99.9999 per cent sure” she knew who the winner was and that they were “probably” a good match.

I didn't really pick up on Emily being very drunk but I definitely thought that Sam was a "bit" drunk when he went to meet the Intruders. His eyes were bloodshot and he was having difficulty standing still. Emily seems to never run out of reasons to explain her unpleasant behaviour.

I just asked because I'd been reading something the complete opposite. Him saying he applied this year not thinking he was going to get it and didn't watch last year's with Blake.
I agree though, just because people have done things or have aspirations in the reality spotlight doesn't mean that they're not there for the right reasons. It's not everyone who'd be comfortable with having it all played out in public, as well as being in that situation to begin with.
Oh ok, well I'll try and find the source, not that we don't have contradictions everywhere this season!
I definitely know he tried out for TBL though, but it's possible I've gotten Sam mixed up with one of the guys on Bachelorette!

Emily Simms reveals she’s been banned from doing interviews about The Bachelor
http://heraldsun.com.au/entertainme...out-the-bachelor/story-fni0cjvk-1227500834842

CONTROVERSIAL Bachelorette Emily Simms says she has been banned from doing interviews by Channel 10 because of her honesty about the reality TV show.

The 31-year-old, who walked out of last night’s rose ceremony, was contacted by KIIS FM’s Kyle and Jackie O despite the ban and was asked why media weren’t allowed to speak with her.

“Why do you think I’m not allowed to do interviews?” Emily said, to which Jackie replied: “I think it’s because you’re being honest about what goes on behind the scenes and they're not liking it.”

Emily agreed with the pair’s assessment, saying: “Obviously I’m not meant to be saying too much but yeah, you’re spot on. People don’t seem to like honesty sometimes.

“I’ve been told that I’ve been outspoken and I don’t think I’ve been outspoken. I am who I am and it is annoying to see things out there about me that plain and simply are untrue and I probably do have a very strong urge to defend myself and defend my loved ones which sometimes backfires.”

News.com.au also requested an interview with Emily through Channel 10, but it was declined.

Emily walked off the show last night after a confrontational discussion with Sam in which he described her as being “uptight” and “highly strung”.

“I actually am so confused by most of what I’ve seen now come out of Sam’s mouth. At the time, yes, I was baffled, but other things he said, I was like ‘hang on a minute, that is not how I felt that he felt’ and I think I’m pretty cluey, you can tell if someone’s into you or not. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out.”

She also said some of the drama might have been because she drank too much on the night.

“I’m very glad I walked when I did, I think I’d reached my limit. Watching that last night, I was very, very drunk in that. I was slurring my words in the car on the way back.”

Emily said she was “hurt” by how she was portrayed on the show and said her family and friends were sad to see how upset she was over being portrayed as a “villain”.

“It hasn’t been great but I understand that a reality show does have its characters. I’m confused as to why I was chosen for that character because I was the person I actually am and the person that they know I actually am so I am confused and I am definitely hurt by that, but you’ve got to laugh at it now.”

Emily also reiterated her feelings about Nina, saying she wasn’t a “big fan” because there were things that happened in the house that “didn’t sit well” with her.

Emily and Bec — who also left of her own accord last night — have been holidaying in Bali together, with Emily saying she felt producers twisted the way Bec left the show to look like it was more of Sam’s decision, rather than it being a mutual decision between the two of them.

The Melburnian said she was “99.9999 per cent sure” she knew who the winner was and that they were “probably” a good match.

I find that pretty suss and to be completely honest, unfair.
Emily dug her own hole with the show so why are they muzzling her? People have had their feelings about Emily for a long time, hearing her speak to the media won't make that much difference.

I didn't really pick up on Emily being very drunk but I definitely thought that Sam was a "bit" drunk when he went to meet the Intruders. His eyes were bloodshot and he was having difficulty standing still. Emily seems to never run out of reasons to explain her unpleasant behaviour.

I thought Emily was drunk in the car scene after she'd left. I hadn't noticed it before that though. And yeah, you can tell really easily when Sam's been drinking. I think he was a bit drunk during Sarah's date too.

Back