Skip to main content

The Australian - Channel Nine may Resurrect Big Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well any Channel for me part from
ABC,Access 31,SBS,Channel 9

This seasons Big Brother USA has actually changed a lot.
The titles are much improved: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vq278vI-Bc&fmt=18
Their are now live audiances at eviction shows, and their are no cast twists (First time since season 3)!
Just uploaded the classic BBUSA 2000 titles as I couldn't find a version anywhere. Probably just badly tagged and hidden, but meh.

[youtubevid]4BjoclQiU0o[/youtubevid]

Love the cheese.

What does oppose mean?

op·pose
To be in contention or conflict with: oppose the enemy force.
To be resistant to: opposes new ideas.
To place opposite in contrast or counterbalance.
To place so as to be opposite something else.

LOL

Just uploaded the classic BBUSA 2000 titles as I couldn't find a version anywhere. Probably just badly tagged and hidden, but meh.

Love the cheese.

I believe they are actually better than the current titles!And perhaps less cheesier :eek:

Does anybody think Nine may be considering BB as a solution to their 5:30pm news lead-in problem? After Wheel of Fortune failed, they're probably looking for something other than repeats of Antiques Roadshow to put there.

It's technically not in primetime, so it wouldn't count towards their share. The early timeslot would mean it could never be a mega-hit, but it could rate reasonably well, somewhere close to a million.

I could see them doing a one-hour eviction, an Uncut-type programme at 10:30pm and maybe a Nominations show too. FNL would most likely get the boot since it doesn't target their favoured demo and they have footy on Fridays in northern states.

I doubt it... Channel 9 is shifting their key demographic slightly... Basically to 25 to 54. If anything, I'd imagine it is likely to be a later time bracket - perhaps even being a similar time to that of Big Brother in the UK... Who Knows though...

When Channel 9 talks format changes, I think they're talking change the show as it is to be a little bit more grown up...

But then again maybe they realise that people 16 - 25 just don't watch Channel 9, and therefore aren't attracted to the network... and in order to build some sort of brand loyalty amongst the young folk (of which I'm a member for about... 7 more weeks :S) so that they stay around for other nine shows - and don't make the switch to another channel...

I believe they are actually better than the current titles!And perhaps less cheesier :eek:

hahah you're joking right?

it sounds like it's advertising Bold and hte Beautiful or something!

Hey - maybe htat's what ten will replace BB with!!!

So!

Discussions with Nine start today then! Do you think we'll be hearing stuff straight away?

i hope so vbb i hope so

im hoping we will hear a deal has been signed by the end of the day at the latest

im being very possimistic :)

Love the cheese.

Those are the Live Show titles (nominations/banishment). You can see the daily show version here. (along with seven others through season 8)
[youtubevid]NzkTt4Nczdg[/youtubevid]

The only main difference is they don't show the people & when people would get banished like in the UK they changed the number of people it said, which I liked.

Nine network considering Big Brother revival

July 28, 2008 12:00am

HE single-handedly revived Channel Nine so it makes sense that if anyone can breathe life back into the Big Brother franchise it is David Gyngell.

The Nine head honcho who stopped by Brisbane recently, believes the axed reality series will one day be back on screens and he confirmed the show is definitely on his radar.

"I think it is an iconic program but the way it is now it will not be back on television in Australia. But the concept - there is definitely something in that," he says.

"Every show that has delivered the younger demographics that that show did, for so long, has to be dealt with with respect. It was the king."

A fan of the series during the show's eight-year run, Gyngell admitted he watched the show soar to ratings success with a tinge of dread. After all - he passed on the show back in 2000.

"I wanted to cut my throat every night for five years," he quipped.

As for another smash-hit show that caught him by surprise, Gyngell says he was blindsided by Seven's ratings behemoth Dancing With The Stars.

"I never thought it was as good as it turned out to be. It's well done, it's well produced. It's a great idea," he says.

"But as you get older you don't let as many go through to the keeper now."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24085830-5012980,00.html

"I think it is an iconic program but the way it is now it will not be back on television in Australia. But the concept - there is definitely something in that," he says.

This part worries me a little.

So!

Discussions with Nine start today then! Do you think we'll be hearing stuff straight away?

I think DG is probably busy celebrating with James these past couple of days:)

0,,6167269,00.jpg

Channel Nine CEO David Gyngell and wife Leila McKinnon ... emerge from the Mater Hospital in Crows Nest, Sydney,
after James Packer's wife Erica Packer gives birth to their first child, a daughter called Indigo. Pic Noel Kessel

I don't see how it can worry you. He's perfectly right. The concept is good, but the way BB was this year wasn't right...

I think I'm looking into it a bit deeper than you are. I think he means the way BB is as a whole - including the "character" and the public voting and such.

Basically, it seems to me that the only thing he really wants to keep is the locked-away aspect.

I think I'm looking into it a bit deeper than you are. I think he means the way BB is as a whole - including the "character" and the public voting and such.

Basically, it seems to me that the only thing he really wants to keep is the locked-away aspect.

but he was a fan of the first five years. hopefully that will be what he wants to resurrect and maybe improve on. i would like to think he would not be a fool a second time and change it too drastically. i just hope he brings it into the adult world and out of kiddies land where it has been.

i'm currently reading 'who killed channel nine' and would be suprised if DG and Packer would be close enough to celebrate ??? or maybe they have made up :eek:

He could mean that, or he could not.

Thinking about the versions of BB that have been around the world, the only given things are the house (with HMs in it locked away) and a BB voice being the link to the outside world.

Everything else - evictions, public nominations, public voting - are negotiable and have been varied in different versions of BB around the world, so even Endemol is not stuck on them. Think of the differences between BBAU, BBUSA and the Village concept in BB Germany and you'll see what I mean.

He could mean that, or he could not.

Thinking about the versions of BB that have been around the world, the only given things are the house (with HMs in it locked away) and a BB voice being the link to the outside world.

Everything else - evictions, public nominations, public voting - are negotiable and have been varied in different versions of BB around the world, so even Endemol is not stuck on them. Think of the differences between BBAU, BBUSA and the Village concept in BB Germany and you'll see what I mean.

I guess you're right.

All I really want is for the show to be called "Big Brother" and I want the character to stay. Anything else and then I'm fine for most things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back