Skip to main content

The Australian - Channel Nine may Resurrect Big Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Then again, he might also be saying that even the title "Big Brother" is poisonous now, so that they have to call it something else.

Which again, might not be all bad. Secret Story (France) is basically BB under another name. The Golden Cage is pretty close too.

I actually wouldn't mind something that's like Secret Story. It's actually a pretty cool concept.

I would still prefer to call it "Big Brother" though, but have the secrets as a twist sorta thing.

I'm sure Endemol would be happy to modify whatever in order to get the show back on the air and start making money again. But if it didn't involve a group of isolated people being watched 24/7, it wouldn't really be "Big Brother", it would be some other show.

But at the moment, I'm not sure Channel 9 would have any particular idea how to rejuvenate it, and worse case scenario would be them putting out a version that was so bad it got yanked midseries. That would kill the concept for a long, long time.

I think Channel 9 needs to bring over the Big Brother Concept Inspectors just like Peter Abbott did back in the day. They also need to have some expert advice and plan BB09 thoroughly, which hasn't been apparent as of late.

If David takes on BB he will be my new God, i will denounce Johnny Depp and build a shrine in Gyngells honour.

not sure but it must change

So much has been said. One thing is for certain the show must change its format. I still think the voting system, evicting does not work because we end up with pot plants.

There's also a version called "Vy Voleni" (it has a translation I can't remember).

It means The Chosen. It wasn't an official BB show, and was actually put on at the same time as an official BB on a rival channel. Endemol ended up suing the producers' arses for pinching the BB concept.

There's also Loft Story (early series of BB in France and more recently in French-speaking Canada).

Last edited:
Michael did a good job explaining the US show, I would also add that unlike other versions there has never been an intruder in the US BB. Nobody has ever entered the house once the season has started. They have had a few people get out and comeback. Nobody new, however has ever come in mid-season.

I were thinking the other day, why not, place them in a empty block surrounded by a big fence so they cant get out, bare nessessities, like a cold shower, some food, and a pile of timber, roofing iron and tools to build their own dwelling, now I reckon that would be kewl, sort of survivor but in a compound setting.

could even throw some plans in there for the building, they have to build it so they can live with comfort

nine has axed their nightline & sunday programs...making way for a new more hip image perhaps?....BB bring it on!

Don't expect to hear anything for some time, skaifey.

We didn't get unofficial confirmation about BB returning in 08 until late September (after there had been media reports of its axing). In fact the first official confirmation we got that BB was definitely returning wasn't until late October, when they announced the auditions.

So it could be months - unless it's a definite 'no' from all the networks, in which case we'll hear soon, probably.

From the way Nine is talking, it sounds like they are considering something, but perhaps with a vastly different format and/or name.

Hasn't Dreamworld still got a contract for 2009?

If so, i would expect BB to be back in 2010 and shot from new facilities, probably Fox Studios in Sydney.

The live eviction crowds and FNL crowds at Dreamworld are a thing of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back