Skip to main content

Survivor Worlds Apart

A fitting decent conclusion to what was an underwhelming forgettable season mainly because of the charmless unlikable cast. Mike was at least a genuinely good person. It was funny how delusional Bitchface was about her standing among the other players. Shireen comparing Will to a deadfish was comedy gold and absolutely deserved.

Back in 2001 I was a walking down Pitt St mall one evening and walked past Colleen Haskell and got my Nokia 3210 scratch signed by her in lieue of pen and paper. I had zero idea she was even in the country, so it was bizarre to casually walk past her. She was here to promote The Animal, (in which she was not so awesome, and her springboard to behind the camera work).

PS Terrible finale dissection show IMHO.

Seeing the crestfallen rejected contestants in the background thawed my icy heart cockles. Basically, if I could name them, they were in, except Jim.

Last edited:
Glad Mike won, and Rodney/Dan/Will are still pretty deluded. Best moment was the look on Carolyn's face both when she didn't win and then wasn't given a second chance.
The cast for next season was pretty much what I wanted, though there are some who made little impression on me (who Tasha?)
Glad Joe, Shirin, Woo and Kelly Wigglesworth made it.

Part of me wants Robb Zbacnik to return...someone so stupid as to take a skateboard onto a sandy island. His high/lowlight reel was gold.
robb.jpg

Last edited:
Mike deserved to win. His ability to win the immunity challenges under pressure was amazing.

I am super pissed that Shane did not get voted onto the Second Chances season but other then that it is an amazing cast! I can't wait to watch that season!

That was about as exciting as One World, coupled with Tom Westman on Palau. I wouldn't have minded it so much if Jeff hadn't carried on about it being the best season ever, with 'iconic' players in the final three.

Truly dire people in an alliance and one demented lunkhead with a hero's edit, and the tribe name 'Merica. Should be glad they didn't sing the National Anthem after every tribal, I guess.

Out of the three, he probably did deserve the win, but I did not enjoy watching him play - or that horrible supporting cast of spiteful, petty, men of low intellect, high entitlement, and almost zero self-awareness, mouthing off their bizarre gender issues. All in good fun! I think Jeff seriously underestimated how unlikeable they were.

Yes, it certainly wasn't a great season. You need someone likeable in the mix somewhere. After Joe was booted, Mike inherited the hero edit by default, but despite winning immunities he played a bad social game. He was just lucky that everyone else was even more unlikeable.

Shane Powers not getting in is the only really bad thing, I guess. T Bird would have been good too, I think, but otherwise, OK.

Shane Powers not getting in is the only really bad thing, I guess. T Bird would have been good too, I think, but otherwise, OK.
I was SHOCKED that Shane did not get in... well whatever right? it's over and done with and Shane is now done with Survivor.

I heard on RHAP that production was pissed that Shane did not get in.

Kelley being on instead of Teresa is a sham. I hate Ciera too but unfortunately she was a lock for this. Woo and Keith being on isn't bad at all because the other 8 males are pretty much all the same character.

Back