Skip to main content

Survivor San Juan Del Sur

I enjoyed that season. The right person won, she may have outwitted a bunch of dummies but it wasnt easy and there were a lot of pitfalls she could have fallen into but avoided. The Baylor blindside was brilliant and worked to perfection as it ensured Jaclyn's loyalty to take her to final 3 if she won immunity.

Great strategic game complemented by a good social and physical game. Natalie was a very deserving winner. Sounds like she and Nadiya are partying away the million already from post show tweets!

Reed's speech was so embarrassing. It was painful obvious he rehearsed it in Ponderosa over and over again and cycled through 20 different contrived analogies before settling on the wicked stepmother. He's incredibly desperate and just wanted his 15 minutes of fame, and the whole thing really just stems from his inflated sense of self-worth and how he can't possibly fathom that nobody would want to work with him. He tried for Sue Hawk but ended up like Corinne Kaplan.

I want a transcript of that smack down to Missy. I will laminate it and frame it and point to it when my Mother In Law comes to visit.:thumbsup:

Missy (chuckles,snake rattle) you cast yourself as the motherly figure, however, fans of classic literary fiction will see through very quickly who your true character was, which is the wicked step-mother, really, of the tribe. It’s the eccentric woman who comes in and makes demands of everyone for the things of which she feels so entitled. You know, she spoils her children by perhaps giving them more rice at dinner, or the best places to sleep at night in the shelter. Um, she takes things that she’s— you’re not entitled to or didn’t earn herself, which was always evidenced by the fact that you got more gimme’s in this game than anyone and performed the worst out of anyone at challenges. Lastly, you made the quintessential wicked step-mother move by abusing the help. Which in this case was the minority alliances throughout the game. You always made sure they felt inferior, you always kept them in their place, and you always made it eminently clear that they weren’t coming to the ball that is the tribal council here this evening with you. So, that to me feels like your fatal flaw in your whole plan because unlike life, in the game of Survivor, the outcasts are the one who get the final say. So in a sweeping moment of poetic justice, the people to which you were so rude and terrible to before relegating them to the jury with the help of your alliance, are going to decide your fate this evening. This is why I love fairy tales because they always have a happy ending and the wicked step-mother never wins.

Missy (chuckles,snake rattle) you cast yourself as the motherly figure, however, fans of classic literary fiction will see through very quickly who your true character was, which is the wicked step-mother, really, of the tribe. It’s the eccentric woman who comes in and makes demands of everyone for the things of which she feels so entitled. You know, she spoils her children by perhaps giving them more rice at dinner, or the best places to sleep at night in the shelter. Um, she takes things that she’s— you’re not entitled to or didn’t earn herself, which was always evidenced by the fact that you got more gimme’s in this game than anyone and performed the worst out of anyone at challenges. Lastly, you made the quintessential wicked step-mother move by abusing the help. Which in this case was the minority alliances throughout the game. You always made sure they felt inferior, you always kept them in their place, and you always made it eminently clear that they weren’t coming to the ball that is the tribal council here this evening with you. So, that to me feels like your fatal flaw in your whole plan because unlike life, in the game of Survivor, the outcasts are the one who get the final say. So in a sweeping moment of poetic justice, the people to which you were so rude and terrible to before relegating them to the jury with the help of your alliance, are going to decide your fate this evening. This is why I love fairy tales because they always have a happy ending and the wicked step-mother never wins.

It's an EXMAS Miracle!! TY Tuttle!!:biggrin:

It wasn't a perfect speech but for me Reed was the closest we got to entertainment amongst a cast of pretty dull players. He may not have gained much but at least he tried. The final 5 apart from Natalie (who did at least play the game, I just didn't find her very entertaining) pretty much cruised there, either through cluelessness or complacency.

It wasn't a perfect speech but for me Reed was the closest we got to entertainment amongst a cast of pretty dull players. He may not have gained much but at least he tried. The final 5 apart from Natalie (who did at least play the game, I just didn't find her very entertaining) pretty much cruised there, either through cluelessness or complacency.

To me he was showing that Missy didn't think Baylor as an adult female herself, had the personal skills to do her own thing, so instilled the BRAT Baylor through the game. I doubt the game calls for a helicopter mum, whether it be her own blood offspring or anyone else for that matter.

survivor-jon-blindside-alec.jpg

Did anyone find Alec looking like a stoner and playing with his hair the most grating thing? When Nat chose eliminating Alec as her big move I couldn't believe it. He wouldn't have gotten a vote. I still can't get Alec telling Baylor not to half-ass tasks out of my head, when it's his middle name.

Last edited:
I don't think you can get through to people like Missy and Baylor. They're not bad people, just extremely self-centred and entitled. Baylor didn't seem to take anything on board, just burst into tears in a "don't be mean to my mom" kind of way. Later there were comments between them of the "don't listen to any of it" variety, and they won't.

What do people think Reed's chances would have been had he made it to the final 3? He seemed to have a lot of support in the jury, and the eliminated contestants. I noticed, for example, that the older guy who played the game with his daughter (sorry, can't remember either of their names, it seems a lifetime ago) put his hand on Reed's shoulder in support after Jeff had questioned him.

I hope to see him again as an All Star one day.

oh god I don't, Reed's way too smug and desperate and self-important for my liking. The fact that his speech is getting any sort of positive recognition and is even getting compared to Sue's Rats and Snakes (!!!) is appalling. It wasn't epic or emotional or anything, just bitchy and spiteful, obviously trying to get his 15 minutes and try to lock up a returnee spot. He shot for Sue Hawk but ended up with Corinne Kaplan.

Trish's speech was much better in Cagayan. THAT is the modern day Rats and Snakes.

Jeremy and Reed were both superfans, but Jeremy at least knew to vent privately to camera. Reed was entertaining, but lacked discretion and the ability to stay strategically quiet. His beef with Missy is strange, as he should be frying bigger intellectual fish than her. She was a bit of a cantankerous old chook, as was Dale, but she was not a significant player other than being a loyal, predictable goat.

Man really wanted Keith to win. Bummer. If it wasn't him, I would have settled for Reed (those eyes, man) . Too bad he wasn't in the final. Good outcome tho. Reed nailed Missy but I thought it was kinda harsh but then there is a lot (sorta like bb) that we don't see. So maybe she was full of entitlement like he said. Who knows. The brat thing was kinda funny. The funniest thing was when , I think Dale said about them getting rid of his daughter........" how would you like to watch your daughter "slaughtered(?)" by her friends in front of you're eyes. She only got evicted man, not killed. HaHa Hahaha. Love Keith & Wes together but feel Reed needs a better looking BF:)

survivor-jon-blindside-alec.jpg

Did anyone find Alec looking like a stoner and playing with his hair the most grating thing? When Nat chose eliminating Alec as her big move I couldn't believe it. He wouldn't have gotten a vote. I still can't get Alec telling Baylor not to half-ass tasks out of my head, when it's his middle name.
Getting rid of Alec was her big move because it set up the blindside of John, cemented her alliance with Keith and she was able to get away with it by pretending it was their fault for not being clear with her.

Back