• George doesn't "find" an idol

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A newbie gets more than 30 seconds airtime and doesn't go home

• Simons Cookie Jar Idol let's him send home everyone and win instantly

• Nobody gets injured in a challenge

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Tribal consists of George repeatedly playing Idols after Simon nullifies them

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Gerry is revealed to be Sam in disguise

• We finally see George voted out, only to be subsequently saved

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Tribal goes to rocks, which are taken out of Simon's head

• Something interesting happens at the Heroes tribe

• Total voters
I think George was just hedging his bets…if Simon played the idol, good, it’s flushed…if he didn’t, it’s an opportunity to gain Steve as a number. The flaw is in alienating Jordie. Steve is not likely to make it to merge, Jordie is. Jordie has a great social game and will likely integrate well with the Heroes, where as Steve wouldn’t, if he made it. So Jordie could be a powerful enemy for George, so could Shonee if she has no further need of George and he’s pissed her off with his arrogance.

Also, historically, when people go rogue at Tribal, it’s usually a show of vulnerability. They think they’re a target and so have nothing to lose by burning all their bridges down. George must’ve thought he was the target once Simon got immunity or he wouldn’t have played his idol. I guess he didn’t really trust Jordie and Fraser would flip. I would love to know the span of time between the immunity challenge and Tribal. How long did George have to cook up his Plan B? I think Goerge’s greatest play last night was convincing the viewing public that his performance was some kind of master stroke. When you break it down, I think there are a lot of flaws there.

I say this as someone who loves George. So entertaining, with a genuine passion for the game. And somehow, just when you think his goose is cooked, he manages to wriggle out of it. It’s quite amazing to see. Looking forward to tonight! I just hope he makes it to merge, because I’d love to see him shake up the Heroes.

I think George was just hedging his bets…if Simon played the idol, good, it’s flushed…if he didn’t, it’s an opportunity to gain Steve as a number. The flaw is in alienating Jordie. Steve is not likely to make it to merge, Jordie is. Jordie has a great social game and will likely integrate well with the Heroes, where as Steve wouldn’t, if he made it. So Jordie could be a powerful enemy for George, so could Shonee if she has no further need of George and he’s pissed her off with his arrogance.

I agree that alienating Jordie might come back to bite him but he probably don’t see Jordie as an actual potential ally moving forward.

Also, historically, when people go rogue at Tribal, it’s usually a show of vulnerability. They think they’re a target and so have nothing to lose by burning all their bridges down. George must’ve thought he was the target once Simon got immunity or he wouldn’t have played his idol. I guess he didn’t really trust Jordie and Fraser would flip. I would love to know the span of time between the immunity challenge and Tribal. How long did George have to cook up his Plan B? I think Goerge’s greatest play last night was convincing the viewing public that his performance was some kind of master stroke. When you break it down, I think there are a lot of flaws there.

Perhaps he thought he needed to play his idol, it turned out that he didn’t…. But perhaps if he didn’t he would have needed it.

He told the girls about his idol to control the vote. And he’s smart. He knows that once people know about an idol it becomes less useful. So after that he had to use it regardless.

If he kept it a secret maybe he wouldn’t have been able to sway the girls.

He probably also told Jordie and Fraser about the idol to get them to vote Stevie.

I thought that was very entertaining but chaotic.
George is a very, very clever manipulator and Simon is not. While it's nice that George was looking out for Stevie, I don't think it was necessary to burn Jordie so badly.
100%… this will piss off a jury. this is where he went wrong in his first season, and if he reaches the end of this season it will be shy he won’t win.

Last edited:
I didn't mind Fraser but he was never going to be an endgame player. He had enough exposure on the Villains tribe to show us if he was doing anything interesting, so he clearly wasn't.

It will be interesting to see which of the largely invisible Heroes tribe will become important, and who is just voting fodder.
Did we even find out what Fraser does for a living. I would have liked just at least one confessional from him. Like what were his thoughts on George? What was his strategy? Did he think George was obnoxious? Anything.. Hello production?

Did we even find out what Fraser does for a living. I would have liked just at least one confessional from him. Like what were his thoughts on George? What was his strategy? Did he think George was obnoxious? Anything.. Hello production?
He was short and had weird tattoos.
That's all I got.
Villainous? Not so much.
Maybe someone quit and they had to use the work experience kid.

It wasn't that interesting, just showed them who they voted for and why.

This video was interesting..

Aftermath, well, George telling us how great he is ...

Has George doing the political back slapping, "Oh I am sooo good, I am the best, this was the best move in Survivor history blah, blah, balh..."
He even says he was soooo great that he found himself outperforming himself :bawling:

Obviously Jordie said he wouldn't work with him again & he was chatting with Liz & Shonee, Liz also said she was over him too after that performance (but it is Survivor, so can you believe Liz or not???) hopefully ...

George used this to gain Stevie’s favour to himself. Stevie now more likely to play with George than Simon. He’s flipped Stevie.
He'd already flipped Jordie though who is potentially far more useful to George than Stevie and has more influence.

George pointing out Stevie was a 62-year old man who can think for himself was so patronising. He treated Stevie like shit. We've seen no evidence of Simon manipulating Stevie - both have wanted George out since day one.

I’m still on a high from last night.
Truly all hail the king 🤴🏽
Biggest move, greatest episode ever!

NY Times agrees with me! This episode has been listed as one of the best TV episodes of 2023.

Back