• George doesn't "find" an idol

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A newbie gets more than 30 seconds airtime and doesn't go home

• Simons Cookie Jar Idol let's him send home everyone and win instantly

• Nobody gets injured in a challenge

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Tribal consists of George repeatedly playing Idols after Simon nullifies them

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Gerry is revealed to be Sam in disguise

• We finally see George voted out, only to be subsequently saved

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Tribal goes to rocks, which are taken out of Simon's head

• Something interesting happens at the Heroes tribe

• Total voters
I’m still on a high from last night.
Truly all hail the king 🤴🏽
Biggest move, greatest episode ever!

For those saying he burned his idol, I don’t see it that way. He used his Idol to ensure Shonee and Liz went along with this plan imo. This is where I would love to see the actual full chats that happened during / after that individual immunity challenge. But I think it can’t be denied that George was in full control.

I also think the way he burnt Jordie was also necessary. He needed to completely decimate Simon with this move given that Simon was actually safe and is still hell bent on voting George out. He used the information he had to reveal that Simon’s alliance wasn’t as tight as thought it was. Jordie had basically no come back because what George was saying was in essence, true.

I think he also had to do what he did regarding urging Simon to use his idol. Obviously George knew that it was not going to make a difference to the end result, he also probably knew that egotistical Simon wasn’t going to do it anyway, which means with Fraser about to be eliminated Simon’s got no one left and now his “idol” would be less powerful as everyone knows about it. George basically had nothing to lose and went all out. He has cemented his status as survivor legend regardless of his final result this season.

It was a pure masterclass strategic move. If he can get rid of Simon pre-merge it may not even have that big of an impact in jury haha. Who knows.

Obviously George doesn’t know Simon doesn’t have a real idol, but neither does Simon 🤦🏽‍♂️.

👑

It wasn't strategic - as you say all he wanted to do was decimate and humiliate Simon when he didn't need to do anything of the sort. His plan was in action - he didn't need to say a single word at tribal, but like the bully he is opted to play it out in the most brutal way possible with one goal - to make Simon feel as small as possible.

If it had been the other way round after George got ridiculously (and pathetically) over emotional for winning an immunity challenge this early in the game where nobody else even seemed to be trying, oblivious to the chatter going on behind him, then Simon would be getting slated for it.

It wasn't strategic - as you say all he wanted to do was decimate and humiliate Simon when he didn't need to do anything of the sort. His plan was in action - he didn't need to say a single word at tribal, but like the bully he is opted to play it out in the most brutal way possible with one goal - to make Simon feel as small as possible.

If it had been the other way round after George got ridiculously (and pathetically) over emotional for winning an immunity challenge this early in the game where nobody else even seemed to be trying, oblivious to the chatter going on behind him, then Simon would be getting slated for it.
To be fair, they are on the villains tribe. They are supposed to play a bit dirty. Decimating Simon means George is safer. Simon had already declared war on George (the self proclaimed war-monger haha) and started at George first. Imo Simon provoked George.

We will certainly have to agree to disagree that it wasn’t strategic. I suspect if someone else pulled it off you would say it was strategic.

Edited to add: I get that you’re saying he didn’t need to say anything, but I think he felt that he did to tear Stevie away from Simon once and for all and to plant the seeds of doubt in Simon’s head they Jordie is on his team.

George is out-villaining Simon.

Last edited:
All that being said, it would be hypocritical of me not to also say that Simon is giving great TV too. For different reasons from George but the whole rivalry thing is so entertaining.

Also must say that Jordie has done some real soul searching since last season. While I didn’t agree with him trying to cool things down (for entertainments sake), he was a bit of a hero last night.

I really liked Jordie on his season but he'd been a bit of a douche afterwards from the little I'd seen about him in the trashrags, but he seemed to be doing well here but trusting George has already been his undoing.

If George was any good at this game he should be able to manipulate Simon considering he is supposedly so bad at this game. He failed to do that pre-tribal and failed to do it at tribal.

??? why was this a hard challenge for anyone? Simon was the fist to try but his pole was too short & then Shonee tried 2nd but her pole was too flimsy and needed strengthening, now you can't tell me that Shonee is an athlete :bawling:

Was talking about the group immunity challenge but now your brought it up yes I think the individual challenge could have been abit better as well, none of them can make fire bar Simon LMAO.

I still don't quite understand what I watched. I do think burning Jordie like that was a bad and totally unnecessary move. Simon was never going to play his non-idol for Stevie. It would have been better to get Simon thinking he risked losing Jordie at that tribal, if George was to have any chance of flushing that thing.
I agree totally, when I heard George's first rantings in tribal about his planned move - I thought he must be going to tell or somehow convince Simon that since Simon now has immunity that it was Jordie they would now target for elimination. Because how else would Simon give up his idol whilst he has immunity? I was thinking that their extremely strong friendship (from Simon's perspective) would be the only avenue that anyone could persuade Simon to use his "idol".
And that is where George 'fucked up' - the plan was good, the execution was great, but George used the wrong bait ie/ Stevie, Simon was never going to give up his one power to save Stevie, maybe with the right approach George could have convinced him to give it up to save Jordie, but not Stevie.
Could there have been a more bullshit immunity when its pretty much athletes v nerds?...

There is a reason US version has a puzzle most challenges its a equalizer.
??? why was this a hard challenge for anyone? Simon was the fist to try but his pole was too short & then Shonee tried 2nd but her pole was too flimsy and needed strengthening, now you can't tell me that Shonee is an athlete :bawling:

a.jpg

You seem very pro George, are you George incognito ;) as your user name depicts his self inflated opinion of his ego :biggrin:

Was talking about the group immunity challenge but now your brought it up yes I think the individual challenge could have been abit better as well, none of them can make fire bar Simon LMAO.

Whew, now I’ve slept on it, these are my observations… What George did was messy and unnecessary. His aim was to break up the majority of four. He already had Jordie and Fraser prepared to shift alliances, leaving only Steve as a ride-or-die Simon stan. Once Simon had immunity he should have convinced the others to eliminate Steve. Done. Afterwards, if it looked like Jordie and Simon were still too close, he had plenty of time to sow seeds of doubt with Simon by letting slip that he knew about the ”idol” in such a way that didn’t alienate Jordie. It didn’t all have to be done at Tribal! Of course, that wouldn’t have been a fraction as entertaining as what we got last night though, and I can’t wait to see the fallout!

I think George has left himself in a really vulnerable position, and completely ignored his own advice to Simon to not let it be personal, and to take ego out of the equation. This season, George’s greatest weakness is his arrogance. He plays so much better from the bottom of the hierarchy, not as the “King”. I think it’s a big mistake to tell people how to vote rather than ask them what they’re thinking. He should be making people feel heard and respected, as though they have some agency, even if they’re being manipulated. And you know who’s doing that? Shonee. Her aim was to use George as a shield all the way to merge, and take the target off her back, and she’s achieving that beautifully. Her name isn’t even coming up as a potential vote! They have a viper right there in their nest and Simon and George are so busy beating their chests they haven’t even noticed. Shonee is keeping her cool, laying low, and doing what George has failed to do, keeping ego out of it. She’s happy to play the part of one of George’s minions along with Liz, as the perfect cover. Bravo.

I’m still on a high from last night.
Truly all hail the king 🤴🏽
Biggest move, greatest episode ever!
I think the 'high' you are experiencing has clouded your vision ;) It would have been a great move had it have worked, but it didn't. His plan was to flush Simon's "idol" which he didn't & George in fact burnt his idol in the process which was un-necessary. George knew that Fraser was going - so George should have made altered his deal that he spruiked to Simon insofar that he should have bargained with Simon that if he plays his "idol" for Stevie then George would play his idol to save himself. That way he would have flushed Simon's thing out & he could have burnt his idol for a reason.
As it stands, George burnt his idol and didn't get Simon to use his, so his planned not only 'not worked' but he lost his own idol in the process, when he didn't have to.
It wasn't strategic
I agree - George's move wasn't strategic because if failed in several ways, he burnt his idol unnecessary & didn't flush Simon's. Great Survivor TV drama, but not executed very well.
Whew, now I’ve slept on it, these are my observations… What George did was messy and unnecessary.
Yes I agree with your observation too. It was messy as it didn't quite pan out properly - in hindsight you could see what he was trying to achieve and if it did work, well, it would have been an all time great move in Survivor history, but it didn't work. So its not a great move, it was just great Survivor TV drama as it unfolded. And Survivor history is full of "Potentially Great Moves" that didn't work.

And unnecessary, yes, he hasn't cemented anything in with that move. He has definitely burnt Jordie, and it appears he only did that just to decimate & humiliate Simon as Brekkie suggested. If Simon plays his cards right he could repair some of the fractured relationships & perhaps get himself through to merge.

I thought Gerry-atric was foolish to leave Villains & go back to Heroes, but when he hinted at major divisions in Villains - perhaps he saw the impending implosion which we viewed last night... and thus decided that Heroes was a better choice albeit maybe not the best, but atm the safest...

Last edited:
I agree totally, when I heard George's first rantings in tribal about his planned move - I thought he must be going to tell or somehow convince Simon that since Simon now has immunity that it was Jordie they would now target for elimination. Because how else would Simon give up his idol whilst he has immunity? I was thinking that their extremely strong friendship (from Simon's perspective) would be the only avenue that anyone could persuade Simon to use his "idol".
And that is where George 'fucked up' - the plan was good, the execution was great, but George used the wrong bait ie/ Stevie, Simon was never going to give up his one power to save Stevie, maybe with the right approach George could have convinced him to give it up to save Jordie, but not Stevie.

George used this to gain Stevie’s favour to himself. Stevie now more likely to play with George than Simon. He’s flipped Stevie.

He didn’t use Jordie because he needed to use the ammo he had against Jordie which is that Jordie had told them about Simon’s idol and that Jordie had voted Stevie instead of George. Which has now broken the Simon / Jordie alliance.

Like I’ve said previously the play for Simon’s idol was win/win for George. I reckon he assumed that Simons ego wouldn’t allow him to play it for Stevie, in which case he’s succeeded in making it less useful to Simon as now everyone knows about it anyway. Whether Simon played the idol or not was not really the issue. If Simon did play it, he may not have curried as much favour with Stevie but would have flushed Simons idol (if it were real). Win/win

Of course, that wouldn’t have been a fraction as entertaining as what we got last night though, and I can’t wait to see the fallout!

I think George has cemented his legendary status in Australian Survivor lore which is probably more desirable / valuable to him than winning the whole thing. He’s putting on a show and as I look on various social media, for the most part it’s working, people love him.

Back