Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - Episode 15

…what do you think of Shonee?…

• 1:… I like her… she’s so trustworthy and wouldn’t stab you in the back…

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 2:… I can’t stand her… I would rather trust Vladimir Putin… he’s trustworthy… (Not!)…

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3:… Shonee is so humble and doesn’t have tickets on herself…

• 4:… Shonee is soooooo up herself and she shits me to tears!…

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 5:… I love Shonee’s pleasant gracious smile…

• 6:… I can’t stand Shonee’s smug self entitled irritating smart arse ‘I’m better than you’ smile!…

• 7:… Shonee is so clever and wise because she’s such a well seasoned player…

• 8:… Shonee is completely full of shit and knows fuck all about the game or tactics…

• 9:… I want Shonee to win because she’s such a good player…

• 10:… I want Shonee to lose to wipe that stupid irritating smug smile off her face…

• Total voters
The contestants haven't cottoned on yet to the fact that they are still playing in tribes.. Them vs the producers... And if you hatch plans to boot out Geo or Hayley then the P tribe hide in the trees and throw idols at Georgy porgy as he ambles along the path to the water well... Or if that fails then once a plan is cemented in - they blow up tribal with a non elimination :cool:

They have to learn to be super secretive when they want to vote out the prize players...

What did Sam say to Simon? Simon asked him to repeat it and I still didn’t catch it.

Simon: here I am
Sam: enjoy it, mate
Simon: it’s good. It’s awesome
Sam: heroes move soon I hope
Simon: oh, what’s that?
Sam: you’ll be ready to make a heroes move with us then soon, hey?
*they laugh*
Sam: I reckon you will be, mate
Simon: mate, when the time’s right
Flick: it’s all about timing
Simon: it’s all about timing. That’s it

And then he started talking about burying the hatchet etc.

I’m glad Shaun didn’t play his idol for Flick, however, his failure to do so highlights how lacking any strategic thinking he is — like all the alpha guys who are carried through until merge without needing to use their brains. George and Shonee in particular, Hayley too, know the value of an idol extends far beyond a one shot personal immunity deal. If you have the ability to think several steps ahead, an idol allows you to set up and control the numbers for days, if not weeks. It’s why so many idols have been swapped and played for other people. Clearly Shaun can’t think that way. He can keep his idol and give himself one extra day in the game when it’s already too late, or walk out with it in his pocket.

What a great result. Could not have been better. Shonee got her revenge and that is all what matters.

Regarding Shaun's decision not to play his idol, I'm not adverse to it. I think it's admirable that he didn't play it and it's not worth playing it on Flick. He would just cement himself even deeper in the now disabled and crumbling alliance and annoy the others so that they'll come for him next. Sometimes it's better to play as a lone wolf. He has an ability to bond and break alliances - the 'anybody but me' philosophy that Sandra upholds holds true and is a good Survivor tenet. He would be ok if Sammy or Nina got thrown under the bus. On the other hand, Sammy would fuckn lose it if his loyal allies got thrown out.

For me, he is holding strong true and steady, he is acting as an individual and he knows that in the coming days, somebody will have a different idea from today and they will come talking to him. He's playing a decent game...

As much as I hate George I'd love to play poker with him. He has so many tells - just can't hide anything. Love though he was called out for blabbing in front of everyone. Notice how quick he moved to kill that conversation.

…I love how Simon likes to think of himself as a major game playing genius… he’s a legend in his own lunchtime… he really has no idea and he has no idea that he doesn’t have no idea… he’s so… so… so… simple… cheers.
Absolutely, but it's fun to watch.

I have wondered this too, Flick has looked very clean the entire time. But then again, she is a surfer and salt water is meant to be good for the skin, so I guess it makes kind of sense.
Baffling how good they all look 30 odd days in. Guess they keep the stylists off screen.
Regarding Shaun's decision not to play his idol, I'm not adverse to it. I think it's admirable that he didn't play it and it's not worth playing it on Flick. He would just cement himself even deeper in the now disabled and crumbling alliance and annoy the others so that they'll come for him next. Sometimes it's better to play as a lone wolf. He has an ability to bond and break alliances - the 'anybody but me' philosophy that Sandra upholds holds true and is a good Survivor tenet. He would be ok if Sammy or Nina got thrown under the bus. On the other hand, Sammy would fuckn lose it if his loyal allies got thrown out.

For me, he is holding strong true and steady, he is acting as an individual and he knows that in the coming days, somebody will have a different idea from today and they will come talking to him. He's playing a decent game...
Have to agree. As much as I'd have liked to see him play it correctly and them use it to get George out (Matt was a wasted vote really, even if they knew it was going nowhere) I think it made sense to sacrifice Flick, especially after the misdirection the previous night with David.

Everyone knows in that seven person alliance there is a core four, so those other three need to come over and join two of them to start breaking it up sooner rather than later. And they all know, even Simon, that just one vote in isn't the time to do it.

The promo for the next episode felt overly spoilerey and pretty much guarantees one thing - George isn't going. And even if he is they've still one non-elimination episode in the bank for when he does get voted out. Odd though to see Hayley talking about her not being able to beat him at the end when she has already done that 7-2. I think it would be closer this time (Shonee, Liz and Gerry are guaranteed George votes) but she still has the relationship to beat him. IIRC didn't George crumble at the final tribal last time out - his biggest enemy is his own voice.

I’m so glad that F*CK is gone. And yeh I saw that tonight too finally! And what has been seen cannot be unseen 😆

Interesting to see Nina talk to George and the *Vigilantes” at least it seems like she was doing *something*, but the coverage of it was not great at all, and not backed up by any confessional. @Zcsund1234 do you have her confessional count per chance? What are your odds on her being framed for a potential win?

I’m really disappointed in her gameplay tbh, but that maybe largely due to production not giving us any thoughts beyond those of their pet cast members.

I’m so glad that F*CK is gone. And yeh I saw that tonight too finally! And what has been seen cannot be unseen 😆

Interesting to see Nina talk to George and the *Vigilantes” at least it seems like she was doing *something*, but the coverage of it was not great at all, and not backed up by any confessional. @Zcsund1234 do you have her confessional count per chance? What are your odds on her being framed for a potential win?

I’m really disappointed in her gameplay tbh, but that maybe largely due to production not giving us any thoughts beyond those of their pet cast members.
I do have a confessional count, I'll post it along with my edgic chart/power rankings in the "thoughts on the premerge" thread

I’m glad Shaun didn’t play his idol for Flick, however, his failure to do so highlights how lacking any strategic thinking he is — like all the alpha guys who are carried through until merge without needing to use their brains. George and Shonee in particular, Hayley too, know the value of an idol extends far beyond a one shot personal immunity deal. If you have the ability to think several steps ahead, an idol allows you to set up and control the numbers for days, if not weeks. It’s why so many idols have been swapped and played for other people. Clearly Shaun can’t think that way. He can keep his idol and give himself one extra day in the game when it’s already too late, or walk out with it in his pocket.
I have thought this all along during the early days of Survivor idols. I do believe that most contestants use them wrong.
If I was on Survivor I would use it almost immediately. Most players see idols as their own personal savior & should only be used to save themselves in tribal. I believe this is completely wrong.

An idol will be rehidden to be re-used once it is used at tribal, so in theory you could almost use one at every tribal. Now imagine how that would change the game if you had the power to dictate who goes & who stays each tribal. And the thing is - they do have this power but don't know how to use it.

If you are in a majority alliance that dictates the vote then you could control the voting with an idol each tribal. For example last night - if Hayley had an idol and she knew that everyone was voting Flick without a split vote then she could have approached Flick or one of her alliance (& direct them to either use for Flick or give it to her) under the promise of anonymity and gave them the idol stating "you are the target tonight, use this idol" & tell them to vote for whoever you want them to vote out. Then you vote as you were told but alas, she has an idol and your alliance doesn't suspect you as you secretly passed the idol earlier & you voted how they wanted you to.
If you kept doing this every few days you could easily stack the tribe with whoever you wanted to play with. And the bonus is you tell them all at the end of the game. "Hands up in the jury who I gave an idol to" most of them would raise their hand, so you saved them + you explain it was your plan to stack the tribe how you wanted it to be.

If I was on Survivor I would be hunting for idols each day & using them each tribal - to either save myself or if I knew I wasn't the target - then I would use it to save someone (makes them indebted to you) and vote out the ones you don't want in the game.

This idea of finding an idol then hanging onto it for 10-20 days is stupid.

As the promo for Sunday night is all about the supposed great plot to take out George, I'm assuming it'll come to nothing, George will find another idol perhaps?
I too was glad to see the back of Flick last night!
Who do I think will win? Shonee or Liz.

There is no guarantee the idol will be back in play @Thing . They put it back in game at their leisure as they see fit.

Production have their minds set on making the show interesting and if there was an idol run just like that it would become pandemonium… I’m not sure the audience would like it either. Plus your tribemates would probably soon find out what you’re up to..

Exactly. That would be a very lucky run and your plan would fall apart probably after the first tribal - people tend to blab straight away in the post tribal debrief as they're so proud of their play and think it the best move ever. They'd certainly put two and two together the second time it happened.

Shaun was right to not play it here as it wouldn't have put him in the majority (still be 6-4), although I suspect had they got George out that alliance would soon crumble. Shaun though would then be without an idol and the new obvious target. Working the numbers is the better long term game.

As the promo for Sunday night is all about the supposed great plot to take out George,
George has become too comfortable in his alliance, so if there are some conspirators in his midst, that will shake him up a bit, and he is way more ingenious and entertaining when under threat. I still don’t think he’ll win, but might get down to final four or so. I hope, when he goes, it’s Shonee who takes him down, because they have a lot of mutual respect.

Back