Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - build up and Episode 1

Yeah that comment from Rogue to Nina was uncalled for and quite frankly outright racist. You don't ever say anything like that and her comments towards Shaun were strange. Sandra is going off on Twitter for obvious reasons and protecting her daughter. Rogue has gone ahead and deleted anything survivor related off her social media and blocking people for calling her racism out. She hasn't even watched survivor and had no clue Hayley was a winner or even former player. Even if you have never watched survivor, at least watch the most recent season or 2 to get an understanding of how this show works. It's one of the downsides of Australian Survivor, relying heavily on recruits and returning players because they don't bother casting any fans anymore.

…so George is getting a free night in Hospital to study the idols map in great detail while Jackie is going out of the game and going home?… okaaaaaaay!… cheers.
Sorry Sticky but it's not a luxury. It's a rule for the show that if you happen to get injured or need to be pulled from the game for medical reasons for 24 hours while the medical team make an observation and then inform the producers and JLP. Plus George got concussion from the way he landed in that shallow mud pit. Even if he wasn't displaying any symptoms, concussion can change over the course of 24 hours so that's why they kept a close eye on him and pulled Jackie who had a broken collarbone. It created controversy couple seasons ago when another contestant got to leave the game for 24 hours but the show never explained it to anyone but have since then. All the contestants know about the rules as it's written in the contracts they sign in order to get onto the show.

Sorry Sticky but it's not a luxury. It's a rule for the show that if you happen to get injured or need to be pulled from the game for medical reasons for 24 hours while the medical team make an observation and then inform the producers and JLP. Plus George got concussion from the way he landed in that shallow mud pit. Even if he wasn't displaying any symptoms, concussion can change over the course of 24 hours so that's why they kept a close eye on him and pulled Jackie who had a broken collarbone. It created controversy couple seasons ago when another contestant got to leave the game for 24 hours but the show never explained it to anyone but have since then. All the contestants know about the rules as it's written in the contracts they sign in order to get onto the show.
…a good point made Marco23… that makes complete sense as to why they would have to do that… thanks for pointing that out… but still… George can really take his time to study that idols map intensely for a bit longer lol!… cheers.

I didn't realise until 8.30pm that it was not 7.30pm & I had missed the start of Survivor :(
But, these things are for a reason & when I went to bed at 10pm I fired up my laptop & logged into 10play

Because I'm using the Brave browser which has inbuilt ad blocking stuff - it allowed me to watch the whole 1st episode ad free :)
(well I'm thinking that it did, not sure if it was put on 10play ad free or not)

+ I'm in Qld and cant watch and do the live commenting thing.. I might just stick to watching it on 10play after it airs...

I did try to fire up my vpn but when i did, 10play spat the proverbial & claimed I wasn't in Australia EVEN THOUGH I SET IT TO ALEXANDIA NSW :mad:, so I might just have to be a non commenter unless I can trick my vpn & 10play into playing together :biggrin:

…a good point made Marco23… that makes complete sense as to why they would have to do that… thanks for pointing that out… but still… George can really take his time to study that idols map intensely for a bit longer lol!… cheers.
Yeah George got convenient concussion me thinks.. the producers worded him up, "Fall awkwardly over that barrel thing & leave the rest to us - cause otherwise IT'S TIME TO GO.................................................... GEORGE" - oops wrong reality show...

To me, George looks like an anus with a beard, & everytime he opens that hole, it's not words that come out - its just shit...:poop::poop::poop:

I did try to fire up my vpn but when i did, 10play spat the proverbial & claimed I wasn't in Australia EVEN THOUGH I SET IT TO ALEXANDIA NSW :mad:, so I might just have to be a non commenter unless I can trick my vpn & 10play into playing together :biggrin:

This is why I can't watch 10 live. Even with my VPN it knows I'm not in Australia. Maybe because of the time zone set on my Android box. But, as I said, I'm over it anyway.

This is why I can't watch 10 live. Even with my VPN it knows I'm not in Australia. Maybe because of the time zone set on my Android box. But, as I said, I'm over it anyway.
Oh yes, it might be the time zone?? I'm over US survivor but I do like OZ survivor. I suppose I can relate to the people a bit more than the yanks. Some of their values & how they relate to each other I find confusing sometimes..

Ok, not that anyone asked, but I’m doing Idol live, then MAFS, then Survivor the following day.
Probably won’t be able to sustain all 3, so the shit one goes. Will probably be this or MAFS. Wasn’t overly invested in either as I was watching them.

That dumb girl suggesting she’s more African American than Nina was outrageously stupid.

Also, less George please.

Finally, the evicted girl was a Real Housewife wasn’t she?

Ok, not that anyone asked, but I’m doing Idol live, then MAFS, then Survivor the following day.
Probably won’t be able to sustain all 3, so the shit one goes. Will probably be this or MAFS. Wasn’t overly invested in either as I was watching them.
…hey rj90… long time no speak lol!… drop MAFS and come along and have fun posting with us… I always like your input… we're having great fun picking the shit out of this shit bunch lol!… cheers.

Forgotten how frustrating the edit could be on this. Producers clearly put the people they want to edit the show around all on one tribe to make filming easier for them but messed up with Hayley.

Forgotten how frustrating the edit could be on this. Producers clearly put the people they want to edit the show around all on one tribe to make filming easier for them but messed up with Hayley.
Hayley is being buried in the mix so far, neither heroic nor villainous enough to warrant any coverage.

…I would love to go on Survivor… but how would they get me up on that tower in my wheelchair ♿️ lol!… cheers.
You'd do a whole lot better than Gerry-atric..

I reckon he will coast through to the merge & then someone will say, "Who's that old dude?"
"Oh him, yeah I think he's a contestant."
"REALLY, can we vote him out???? - hey everyone that old dude, he's a player - we can vote him out.."

And then at about day 27 we will see his bio as the producers will prep him for ousting...

Honestly I don’t know why they are bringing returnees in to every season now since All Stars. Channel 10 started out with fresh cast for 4 seasons, and ever since then, a large quantity of returnees each season, and always the producers favorite players that present well to the camera and narrative.

it would be refreshing to have an all new cast, a new vibe, it could really be fun! It’s like as if they are terrified of having a dud cast season or something?

Agree, especially when most the returnees are contestants you struggle to remember. The 10 exec is promising an all new cast next year, which is an odd way to promote your series featuring half-returnees, as if they're admitting that isn't what viewers want.

Also think I'd prefer a newbies v oldies season but they clearly split them so that way they don't have to show the newbies on either tribe until the episode they get voted out.

Back