Skip to main content

Survivor Australia 2016!

They still haven't announced the host yet? They promised that they would after "I'm A Celebrity" finished.

Don't take this as anything gospel but I have a feeling that the host could be Daniel MacPherson. Or even Lincoln Lewis though I am surprised Lincoln has not been a contestant on "I'm A Celebrity" yet!
I don't like either of these people.

The choice of host is crucial in the success of the show.
Does anyone even remember the host from the nine version off the top of their head? No, because he was a poor choice (and it was over 16 years ago:roflmao:)

Can't be much longer till the host is announced.

Anyone think it could be a women?

I don't like either of these people.

The choice of host is crucial in the success of the show.
Does anyone even remember the host from the nine version off the top of their head? No, because he was a poor choice (and it was over 16 years ago:roflmao:)

Can't be much longer till the host is announced.

Anyone think it could be a women?

Oh don't worry! It is only pure speculation.

I want the one and only Richard Morecroft to host. That to me would guarantee that this show will succeed. Of course I strongly doubt channel ten would be able to afford his brilliance.

I've never watched Survivor before but I'm mildly looking forward to this. After all, anything that's remotely like Big Brother has to be my cup of tea, right?

I've recently sourced the first two original Australian seasons from 2000 and 2006 so I'll watch those soon to get familiar with the game and concept in the lead-up to Season 3! It sounds really promising and I don't doubt that Channel 10 will do a great job!

I've never watched Survivor before but I'm mildly looking forward to this. After all, anything that's remotely like Big Brother has to be my cup of tea, right?

I've recently sourced the first two original Australian seasons from 2000 and 2006 so I'll watch those soon to get familiar with the game and concept in the lead-up to Season 3! It sounds really promising and I don't doubt that Channel 10 will do a great job!
If you do that you may not watch the series. Do yourself a favour and just watch the US version. This present season (Season 32: Kaoh Rong) is as good as any for a new viewer of the show.

Can't be much worse than Aus Season 1..... :-/

are there any particular challenges that they have used in the US version that people want to see in the Australian version?

If you do that you may not watch the series. Do yourself a favour and just watch the US version. This present season (Season 32: Kaoh Rong) is as good as any for a new viewer of the show.
Can't be much worse than Aus Season 1..... :-/
Yeah, I've read that S01 is pretty bloody bad in comparison to other versions, but I figure I might as well get through it anyway to revisit the "history" of the Australian version anyway, regardless of how good or bad. lol

I've heard that this upcoming season will be much more like the American version than any previous Aus series with a lot more input with the US producers, so that sounds promising.

I only know him from a few guest appearances on NCIS. So it will be hard to judge him until I actually watch a few episodes.

They managed to find the one person who looks more like Jeff Probst than Jamie Durie.
images

They must have seen something in him?

Maybe....
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015...t_on_a_fine_display_of_-a-1_1432098727369.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015...t_on_a_fine_display_of_-a-1_1432098727369.jpg

You know, I can probably get behind this turn of events. :laugh: He better be good, that's all I'll say, because I've seen him in exactly......nothing. But yeah, they've chosen a Probst clone with a hot bod.

His twitter hasn't been touched since August 15, and now he's going to have to shill like there's no tomorrow.

Maybe....

You know, I can probably get behind this turn of events. :laugh: He better be good, that's all I'll say, because I've seen him in exactly......nothing. But yeah, they've chosen a Probst clone with a hot bod.

His twitter hasn't been touched since August 15, and now he's going to have to shill like there's no tomorrow.
In Love Child he plays a kind of McDreamy doctor, I always think he's a bit of a dork though.

He got naked in The Slap! Now that was good viewing. Just saying. haha. :whistling:

Seriously though - what an unexpected choice. I will give him a chance though. He could be pretty good. We only know him as an actor. He might have great hosting abilities?

I am looking forward very much to Survivor!!! I guess we can expect it to premiere sometime in September assuming it's taking The Biggest Loser's spot after The Great Australian Spelling Bee this year.

Back